Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Rescue Fire 51 released

Post by takenoko »

One short of a full year. Otherwise, good job Rescue Fire! Mission complete!

Overall a pretty average ending, though a step up from Rescue Force's drawn out epilogue. A good mix of battle and followup. Pretty happy with everything except for a couple of things

The epilogue
Spoiler
So Fire-2 and Tama finally get married. Overall that was pretty good. We never really see Tama's romance from her point of view, always kind of coming from Fire-2's perspective, but at least this wasn't a marriage that came out of nowhere like in GranSazer

Everyone else kind of went off and did what you'd expect them to. No surprises there, so kind of blah. No real resolution on the love triangle, which is a pity. I know they never explicitly go into it, but they dangle this thing for nearly the entire course of the series and it ends with it still be ambiguous. I guess it allows people to make their own ending, depending on whether they're rooting for 4 or 1, but personally, I kind of would rather the writers just pick one

The battle
Spoiler
No real surprises here either. I liked the use of the blue orbs overall though. Didn't really expect Don Kaen to be spared, but being frozen again is like being defeated, so the end result is the same. Got to love the Three Commanders deciding to go find another planet

I've been thinking about the end of shows a lot recently. If you drew a graph for when the drama of a show climaxes, I think you'd find that it happens before the last episode.

Think about it. The main enemy in the show is ostensibly Don Kaen, but he gets almost no characterization. He's more of a plot device to give Fire-1 his sword and then be defeated by him to end everything. Joukaen, however, got a great back story, was truly menacing, had an interesting character.

The episode where Joukaen is defeated and gets his redemption and death was a million times more interesting than these last two. But maybe that's how things are supposed to be, with these last two just cleaning up the loose ends.

Anyway, I think you'll see this pattern a lot in shows. So what does this mean? I'm not sure, should writers try to end the story on a high point by cutting out the last few episodes somehow? Is that even possible or would it mean just ending too abruptly?
Alkaid
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Rescue Fire/Double
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o/Magi/Deka
Dreamy: Philip/Shoutarou
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Qsuke!

Re: Rescue Fire 51 released

Post by Alkaid »

Pretty much agreed on all points, Take.

48 was (and seemed) to be one of the highlights of the series, for sure.

Spoiler
As for the ending, it really actually felt rushed to me. While Ritsuka, Yuuma and to some extent, Jun's ending sequences seemed to go along with their characters, Tsubasa and Tatsuya's both seemed...well, I guess a good word would be "off"? It just seemed rather odd for their characters to be doing those as endings (especially because, if I saw anyone still with the UFDA after the series, it seemed to me like it probably would have been Tatsuya, Ritsuka and/or Jun)

The three commanders, as always, were entertaining as they took their leave, and the final battle between Fire-1X and Don Kaen ended about the way that I figured it would have. And Tatsuya got his "flashback" sequence like everyone else did so all is right with the world, I'm sure.

And while I'd admit that Don Kaen + Joukaen seems quite similiar to notfinalShinkengerboss + final boss (not named, for those who may not have watched the series) it still seemed to work out alright. (Though I did wonder if part of that was because of what happened with Don Kaen's first seiyuu)

While we didn't (at least as of right now) get a third season out of the Tomica Hero franchise, I felt it at least ended alright and tied up some of the loose ends. Sayonara Rescue Fire! You will be missed.
Yuusuke: BLACK RX?
Decade. No... This is... Saban's Masked Rider no Sekai. Alright, let's go.
Natsumi: WHAT? You're not going to help this world's Rider?
Decade: BELIEVE ME, it's better if they all die.

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think they are still part of UFDA in some way which Taiga says that they are taking a break. For some of the characters like Tatsuya and Yuuma, it's a sabbatical. For Tatsuya, I can imagine him doing that journey. For him being limited to a local rescue unit, it wouldn't be fitting. He has taken more of a world view in the last few episodes and wants to make the world better so enemies like Don Kaen won't appear. Tsubasa doing the acting thing was the thing that surprise me the most. It's not like him to be that vain. Jun is at least trying to better himself as a leader even though he should got a few more character episodes with him.

Also the thing about ending it on a high note, I would rather resolution than an incomplete story. If Joukaen's death was the last episode before you deal with Don Kaen, I would be more annoyed about it. I think Rescue Fire did a good job with resolving everything (except for the love triangle).
Triple M
Destron Emperor
Favorite series: Destron
2nd Favorite Series: Destron
Dreamy: Destron
Favorite Actor?: Destron
Favorite Band: Destron
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Destron
Quote: *HAIL DESTRON*
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Triple M »

I wasn't really into Fire when I started watching it, but it definitely grew on me. Joukaen's story was truly the high dramatic point of the show, and I really liked the Three Commanders just as I had liked the Three Executives from Rescue Force. I hope everyone enjoyed watching this show as much as we did working on it
Nexus_Schwarz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Nexus_Schwarz »

This was an interesting series and while I loved the concept it does fall short on character development. Like over-focusing on Tatsuya when they easily could've made more character episodes. (I think only Tsubasa got a full one, then the others had some development sprinkled in mid-crisis along with Yuuma and his family with Tama getting importance near the end.) And the "love triangle" that was never around, yet overly mentioned, and then it wasn't even settled in the end. (That was amazing that Jun stole the show, though. XD)

And on Don Kaen's seiyuu changing, the original one committed suicide because complications with diabetes eventually blinded him and he couldn't read his scripts. It's sad when someone commits suicide, but more so when they can't do what they loved in the end. ;~;

Back to the series, the vehicles are awesome but the recolors of the Rescue Force vehicles as well only showing R1 and R5 (if I remember right, the other three retired/transferred) was a bit much.

On characters, basically if a vehicle has a "character" song (GaiaLeon's awesome one) rather than a character getting one, that shows how important they are.

The blue orbs were an interesting mechanic and yet I got lost on them because I kept forgetting how many there were. XD;

Overall, good series and I do wish for the Tomica Hero series to continue eventually. (Btw, the Transformers Animated seiyuus don't sound terrible. But again, seems pointless to sub.)
Nexus_Schwarz... Is taking a nap, do not disturb.

^Sig by Yahiko~
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh shit, I didn't know that Don Kaen was played by the voice actor who committed suicide. That's rather unfortunate
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by Sloth MD »

So....is this the end of the Tomica Rescue Hero series? D:> 'cuz if so, I'm going to miss them. ;_;
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Wow, ive never been to the part of Canada that Tatsuya was in, one that look's so much like Japan.....
The scary thing is there IS a place near me called Winter Farm.

At least it wasn't as bad as Boukenger's giant Japanese mountain range in Saskatchewan.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

To me it was a okay ending. It wasn't perfect. I did like the twist where Fire 1 seals him and gives up the sword. But the rest of the "wrap ups" where bland. The marriage was the best out of them. I wonder who will fill in, for the fire team. Since everyone is on break. And Rescue Force should of been in the finale. It just felt like R1, R5 where just on a day off.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I liked this ending pretty okay. I'm actually a bit glad that they didn't use an old trope, that would be the whole "You were sealed before, but this time we'll destroy you for good!" They ended up just sealing Don Kaen again. Which I'm actually fine with, in fact I prefer it. Remember, Tatsuya and Joukaen pretty much became bros after his death, so for Tatsuya to just flat out destroy Don Kaen without trying to reason with him, like Joukaen did, would have been out of character. Tatsuya wanted to carry on Joukaen's ideals.

I do wonder why Rescue Fire was just temporarily disbanded instead of permanently, considering the goal of Rescue Fire was to fight the Jakkaen...without them around, it doesn't seem like Rescue Fire is necessary anymore. Rescue Force makes more sense since they weren't created to combat an enemy, so of course they wouldn't disband. Actually that reminds me, it would've been nice if Rescue Fire had somehow tied in the whole giant evil supercomputer from Rescue Force's series somehow, instead of leaving the giant dangling plot thread of what it was and where it came from.

Another part of me wonders, the Director. He was never really given a backstory, and the Rescue Force movie isn't canon, so we can throw him being R0 out the window. But with him saying "The Earth's future rests in your hands now," with it echoing, him walking away, and the unexplained scar on his hand...I wonder. This is probably a super crazy theory that makes no sense, and I'm probably forgetting some small details earlier in the series, but maybe he was like...the hero who sealed Don Kaen originally?

Like I said, I'm probably reading too much into it, and if that was even true there probably would have been at least one scene with him and Joukaen (since they originally worked together) but I don't know. I'm sure there's been crazier theories.
archer9234
Faiz
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

It's possible him and the original R Force team could of originally sealed him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, Rescue Force didn't disband, they just moved to Europe. Members come and go, like any team

Even if R0 doesn't appear in the TV series, we can probably still assume that's him. Personally, I think he was probably the original Tomica Hero, hence the zero in his name. He's old enough and it'd be a nice parallel to him being the first Kamen Rider too
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

explosivly completed! Although it did expect a bit more from the ending I mean what's Fire 1X thinking leaving that great sword inside that huge dragon. I don't think it was quite as explosive as rescue force's ending though. So rescue fire disbands but seems everyone's still doing fire fighting work. Boy didn't tama-chan gain a lot of weight over a year. Is this the end for Tomica Hero no more Explosively completes? Only time will tell!!!
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

AeonRanger wrote:Boy didn't tama-chan gain a lot of weight over a year.
I hope you don't meet a bunch of pregnant women and tell them that they're fat. You're just asking to die by saying that.
archer9234
Faiz

Post by archer9234 »

LOL why would Yuuma talk to her stomach, if that was fat. Rescue Force had the cool ending cause they showed off the full mecha combination, the captain was being awesome, and had the girls operate stuff.

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Fire”