Is this series worth continuing?

Fun is the Key! But it's Takara, not Bandai!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Re: Is this series worth continuing?

Post by FangTrigger »

I like the series as a whole, although there are points where I agree with some of the people on this forum;

1)until now, I really didn't think about how they kept the same clothes, but look at other Sentai/Toku/(sometimes)Kamen Rider series, and you will notice that they keep the same clothes almost each episode.

2)The Ultimate armor was to be expected. Normally this is the 'Evolution Of Armor/Hero' goes:

(1)Blank(I.E. Ryuki and Kuuga blank forms; normally weakest and lasts only 1-3 episodes. Will appear if hero looses too much energy)
(2)Base/First Form. Lasts at least 1/3-1/2 of a series. Can appear during a boss/Final battle to show hero's strong point/theatrical/Dramatic suspense.
(3)Weapon/Vehicle/Attack/Defense Addition/upgrade. Normally preempts a form change
(4)2nd Form(optional final form)Occurs when enemy gets a power up. level 3 may also be implemented. May/May not be elemental based
(5)3+ Form. Level 4 repeated.
(6)Ultimate Form. Stronger Than all others. Sometimes looks bad-ass.
(7)Special/Darkside/Temporary Form. Occurs once or twice in the series, but only once if it's during a special (Hyper Battle DVD for the Rider Fans or Super Sentai Vs. ~Gendou Shiken Red.~)May/May not have Level 3 upgrade.

The only thing that left a bad taste in my mouth about this series was that it didn't get a movie. Specials and toys yes, but I really wanted to see a Ryukendo Movie, rather than have their actors appear in other shows and movies (mostly Tomica Hero Rescue Force). The plot line would kinda be like most: New villain beats them to a pulp, then they come back with new form and start kicking ass, but still. I'd watch it ^^
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

I was surprised to see the topic heading "Is this series worth continuing?" under Ryukendo section. This series defently takes a turn down a very funny unbeaten path, while at times somehow maintaining a serious tone. If you didn't get how weird this series was going to be at times you must have skipped the first ending. XD

I didn't like that it didn't get a movie either, but it did get a short cross over.
KRManeki
Favorite series: Fourze Gokaiger DenO
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger & OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Rolling Stones
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kingdom Hearts
Quote: I am Kamen Rider Maneki, my luck NEVER runs out!!!

Post by KRManeki »

If they do, I would flip out if they had another Keyblade-like weapon. But something like other than a dragon. Something like a Tiger or a Snake. That would be a nice idea. But I was amazed when I first saw it in '06.
/Users/chrisandteenaladd/Desktop/images.jpeg
ookamiryuujin670
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Actor?: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Favorite Band: Exile
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: The Great Outdoors
Quote: "Dreams tend to be the kind of thing that vanish if you think you can't reach them" - Captain Marvelous
Type: INFP Healer

Post by ookamiryuujin670 »

I remember watching this series back in the day, and I remember liking it. But now, I can't remember how it went and I want to watch it again, but...... the no download links thing prevents me from doing that, and it makes me sad. :(
Sentok
Gao
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Figuarts
Quote: Return that life to god. #1 Nago Fanboy

Post by Sentok »

[snip]
Last edited by XIII on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: you cant mention that site here

Return to “Madan Senki RyuKenDo”