Is this series worth continuing?

Fun is the Key! But it's Takara, not Bandai!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
IijumiSoukai
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Tenchi Muyo
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Fire
Dreamy: Yoko Mitsuya <3
Favorite Actor?: Should I have one?
Favorite Band: Ask above
My boom: Drawing

Re: Is this series worth continuing?

Post by IijumiSoukai »

They just have multiple versions of the same outfit.

Riiiiiiggghhhhttttt!
MaMoRu
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: All of them
Dreamy: To many of them...
Favorite Actor?: Well?
Alignment: Neutral

Post by MaMoRu »

i dunno there's something wrong with my player or codecs. seem its show only " :56 " and so on in upper left corner. it should be full time like " 7:56 " something or it's like that? widescreen format change into normal?
KRendBlade
Kamen Knight

Post by KRendBlade »

I just want to ask a silly question about a thought I had. I just saw the first episode (as well as the episode 00 DVD) and I noticed all of the form changing that only RyuKenDo does. Does anyone else get a slight Rockman/Mega Man vibe from this series? I mean, the main hero changes form (well, he really just changes color) in order to use new powers. And it starts out with a rookie dressed in blue, with a gunslinging mentor with red and white armor. The parallels just sort of stuck out at me; it syncs up with Mega Man X, at least.
I'm sure the only reason I'm even thinking about it is because Capcom had a hand in it, but I just wanted to point it out.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it's mostly coincidence. Blue and red are common colors. Look at any Kamen Rider show and you'll see the main hero usually gets a ton more forms than the secondary heroes. If you look at any two things long enough you can find similarities
KRendBlade
Kamen Knight

Post by KRendBlade »

That's a good point. If you went by my logic, then Blade and Garren would have the same similarities, and then everything would start melding together. It's just that the only thing that changes on Ryukendo is part of his armor, so that seemed a bit odd.
Grei
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Favorite Band: Utada Hikaru
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Grei »

I also think it's a matter of personality. Gun-Oh and Jin-Oh were both confident in their own abilities, whereas Ken-Do was looking for more power to defeat the enemy from the beginning. And Ken-Do did become more confident as time went on in his own strengths and abilities.

I'm not saying it wasn't contrived...just that it fit in with the personalities. :)

Grei
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Re:

Post by harpdevil »

Sho-saka wrote:At first, when I watched Ryukendo, I thought it was far too childish for my taste, but once RyuJinOh (aside from RyuKenDo himself and RyuGunOu) appears in later episodes, that's where it starts to be a lot better. Plus, JackMoon! He's by far the best villain I've ever come across, plus he knocked off Sephiroth on my top Villains List, due to his nobility nature as Swordsman first, Villain-That-Wants-To-Take-Over-The-World second. And he appears twice! (Though I can't tell you what really happens in detail, which you'll have to watch the episodes yourself...)

Give RyuKenDo a second chance and you'll regret that you ever say this series was too childish for you...
Knocked Sephiroth off the top of the list!? You're mad woman! Plus swordsman first, taking over the world second bad guys are a dime a dozen, they're everywhere. If you ask me JackMoon is a cheap knock-off of Wolzard, with a less awesome voice.
I did quite like the grunts through, they were fun when they werent dressing up in humans clothes.
KRendBlade wrote: Does anyone else get a slight Rockman/Mega Man vibe from this series?
Yup, definately did. One of my first impressions in fact was how Megaman the vibe i was getting was, i quite liked that about it, the bad guys just didnt hit the mark for me.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Flyndaointment

Post by Flyndaointment »

Well, i started watching Ryukendo about an hour ago, and it looks like awesome to me. especially how SHOT operates outside the law. and Rin's name's not Hidari. ^_^
Kurenai Wataru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Mio Suzuki
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang

Post by Kurenai Wataru »

Yes
because is mad cool&awesome
is one of the best non-Toku live action show I've ever seen in my life!
Also some/most ep were funny
I just can't help my self from re-watching that part
Kamen Ride : Decade
Climax Form Completed
Aoiblue
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Trick
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gransazer

Post by Aoiblue »

wow, u know I have actually never gone past the 1st episode XD
I cant bring myself to watch the 2nd.
Mirage Frost
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Hanna Mori/Natsumi
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Mirage Frost »

I just came across this on Yahoo japan and was interested in the suit designs, so I'm trying to get the series now...I'm two or three years late though haha
I'll be the next one to be just "passing through." I am Kamen Rider Omega.
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Re: Re:

Post by Sho-saka »

harpdevil wrote:Knocked Sephiroth off the top of the list!? You're mad woman! Plus swordsman first, taking over the world second bad guys are a dime a dozen, they're everywhere. If you ask me JackMoon is a cheap knock-off of Wolzard, with a less awesome voice.
I did quite like the grunts through, they were fun when they werent dressing up in humans clothes.
To be honest with you, I'm not a huge fan of the Super Sentai series (I'm suspecting that Toei is going to one day, losing their idea on next year's [Insert Whatever the Hell Theme This Is Related in Japanese] Sentai [Insert Whatever the Hell Theme This Is]ranger/-enger show next year; this will turn Ishimoto's grave soon) and hey, I only got exposed to what's actually behind the Power Rangers a few years ago; I'm still a newbie at this.

And about that 'Swordman first, World Domination second' bit, tell me. Which Toku villain can you think of that has a similiar vein to it? I'm not really sure if 'they're everywhere' can be considered a specific answer. :s

And argue as much as you want, I still think JackMoon's a better villain to me personally. The fact that his character development, albeit a bit short than I imagined went nicely, before his melanchony demise (which I shed a tear a bit) at the end, like all Toku Villains do (though some of their deaths end up in a trimuphant fashion, where the viewers cheered for the Toku Heroes beating them up).
antiemo19
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-o
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Actor?: Edward Norton
Favorite Band: R.E.M
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kuuga

Post by antiemo19 »

At between eps 28 and 30 something happens to the power balance that makes fights much faster and enhanced the combat all together.
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

Honestly, it is the type of series you need to see about the first 15ish episodes or so before it either grabs you in or it doesn't. Some people try to like a show by the first few episodes and sometimes the writers dont pace it as fast as some people want it to. Overall its a great series once you get into the later episodes...

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

I enjoyed the series, it's a refreshing show if your bored with SS/KR.

Spoiler
I think one of the things I really enjoyed about the series is the upgrades for Ryukendo & Ryuguno felt as natural progression as Jamanga got stronger. Speaking of Jamanga yeah they fell like normal toku villains but they present them in such a way so they don't get boring. A couple dislikes for the series was:

1. They really didn't give Komachi more to do then just hang around and be a cheerleader for Kenji, sure she fought a little bit, but if shes going to be in the series make her more relevant.

2. The "Ultimate Key" i'm not a huge fan of the uber upgrade were the main character is able to one-shot all the villians, and I was sorely disappointed that the writers had to really on something like that for the end of the sereis. To be fair yes they did spread the power out with the final battle, but even then it was more of Ryujino & Ryuguno just sharing their power instead of actually helping finish Daimaoh.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Madan Senki RyuKenDo”