KRW 32 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Re: KRW 32 released

Post by KickHopper »

Archon Divinus wrote:I like CycloneJokerXtreme a lot, but the finisher kind of bugs me. I feel like they should either have had slots for all six memories, or they should have used the four memories that weren't Cyclone or Joker. That it's Cyclone, Heat, Luna and Joker just feels odd to me.
Skiks wrote:
takenoko wrote:I've been thinking about this, it seems like four slots makes sense if you consider one to be the weapon type (Joker) and the other three combining the elements (Heat, Luna, Cyclone)
Thats exactly what it is. Why would you put metal and Tigger into the shield? It doesn't make sense!
3 Element amplified by Joker and controlled by Prism is all you need. I don't get this minor complaint people have at all.
Actually it's because of the toys. One, the DX Double Driver doesn't come with the memories for Metal or Trigger, those come with the weapons. So they figure that if you get the Prism Bicker, you'll at least have the Double Driver. The other thing with the toys is the mechanics of the Metal and Trigger Memories. With the Metal Memory, after you slot it into a Maximum Drive slot and press the button, consecutive presses of the button produce only basic attack sound effects for the Metal Shaft, as the Metal Shaft doesn't have any electronics of its own. The Trigger Memory itself doesn't produce the sound effect for the Trigger's Maximum Drive blast. When the button gets pressed with that after inserting it into a Maximum Drive Slot, it just makes a click sound. The way the Trigger Magnum works with the Trigger Memory is, you insert the Memory, the Memory calls out the Maximum Drive and starts up the repeating sound. When you close the slot of the Trigger Magnum, you get the click of the Memory, and from there the Magnum itself continues the repeating sound and the trigger of the Magnum makes the blast sound.

If you were to put the Metal Memory into the Prism Bicker, after the initial Maximum Drive hit, you would then only get the sound effects for the Metal Shaft. If you were to put the Trigger Memory into the Prism Bicker, you wouldn't get a Maximum Drive sound at all, only a click.

So the reason they go with the three right side memories and then Joker are because of the toys. There's no in story reason. It's also probably why they don't include either of the two weapon memories with a combination with Fang, because the Double Driver only comes with Joker as a left side memory.
ImageImage
Archon Divinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Pokémon

Post by Archon Divinus »

That is a very good explanation.
Skiks wrote: Thats exactly what it is. Why would you put metal and Tigger into the shield? It doesn't make sense!
I think putting metal in a shield makes a lot of sense actually.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

Skiks wrote: Thats exactly what it is. Why would you put metal and Tigger into the shield? It doesn't make sense!
Metal Tigger?
ImageImage
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

Post by SwordHero1 »

I just realized. Birds evolved from Dinosaurs evolved. So Xtreme is like a big power upgrade compared to Fang.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

While the toys are part of the reason I do think they made it work for the story rather well. While Metal may make sense to a point it's primary purpose was to summon the metal shaft. Trigger was used to summon the gun. The Bricker does not need either.
Fang wouldn't need the trigger magnum nor the metal shaft.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

EXTREEEEEEEEEEEME!

I'm surprised that's not an official meme.

And I'm the only one who thought the look on Ryu's face was bordering on orgasmic? Like "OMG, the power.....*drool*"

A pretty impressive power up for W. It was pretty impressive that he used FOUR Maximum drives at once. That means the dopants are only going to be stronger from here on out though.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

SwordHero1 wrote:I just realized. Birds evolved from Dinosaurs evolved. So Xtreme is like a big power upgrade compared to Fang.
Do you really think they thought it all when they designed EXTREEEEEME?
I think they just did it for the EKUSUTORIIIIIIIMU

Also, since there are just two riders in the show, I wonder if Terui will get a power-up too? (Just like Nago did in Kiva)
Maybe Terui will also get power jealous over W like Nago did?

So does that mean no other Fang combination? Poor Fang...
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
DarkEclips
Number 6
Number 6

Post by DarkEclips »

Is the ep going to be uploaded anywhere else besides Megaupload. For some reason whenever i use MegaUp the download will just stop in the middle and never recover.
V.M.R.
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: "A man's reach should exceed his grasp."

Post by V.M.R. »

DarkEclips wrote:Is the ep going to be uploaded anywhere else besides Megaupload. For some reason whenever i use MegaUp the download will just stop in the middle and never recover.
Torrents are you bff.
V.M.R.
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: "A man's reach should exceed his grasp."

Post by V.M.R. »

V.M.R. wrote:
DarkEclips wrote:Is the ep going to be uploaded anywhere else besides Megaupload. For some reason whenever i use MegaUp the download will just stop in the middle and never recover.
Torrents are your bff.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

To quote a Mr Sparkle CM: "Asumu Powa!"

I think CJX (as i call him) looks really badass, 4 Max drives at once and that finisher rock my socks!

I though Nobody's Perfect was a good song, it's a good contrast to the other W songs that are Faster and more Pop/Rockish.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Oh, just realized why the Extreme form bothers me so much. When W gets shorter antennae thingies in the Extreme form he looks bald. And he looks bulky as heck. Also I still think Kiva has the best looking sword. Here's hoping W gets a 3rd form like Den-O.

Also I totally thought you guys were playing a trick on us with the song in the middle.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

As predicted, this arc ended in a way that I don't like. They create a plot about Shota being to weak just to have some sort of conflict in their relationship and then he just overcomes the weakness without having to do anything. And to make it worse, we didn't have any development for Shota. They just said he should be who he is...

I wasn't bothered too much by the bromance. I've seen worse in other KR (like Kaitou, for instance). But I did like the song. A calm and somehow sad song. But in the end the message is good.

I didn't hate the extreme form, but I didn't find it cool either. But I didn't like the sword and shield motif. It just doesn't go well with a Kamen Rider.

W is now overpower, since he can use 4 maximum drives at a time. Not even Shinkuro can handle that. Maybe Ryubee can.
savemysoul

Post by savemysoul »

Sorry to change the topic here for a sec, guys (oops I readed the spoilers) ... but I have tried to download this episode like 45 times and every time it stops like 60 or 70 MB in. I'm obviously the only one with this problem (I've tried downloading other things from MU and they download fine), but if someone can find it in their heart to up it somewhere else, it seems I won't be able to watch it till then.
:'(

Thanks guys, continue ranting.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

m4rc0 wrote:As predicted, this arc ended in a way that I don't like. They create a plot about Shota being to weak just to have some sort of conflict in their relationship and then he just overcomes the weakness without having to do anything. And to make it worse, we didn't have any development for Shota. They just said he should be who he is...
What do you mean he didn't do anything? He did a lot! He grew a ton in this episode, coming to accept that while he wears his heart on his sleeve, he's always gonna set himself up to be hurt, just as he got hurt turning into W. But once he accepted that he could turn that compassion into strength, he used that compassion, and instead of trying to force Philip to tone down his power, told him that neither of them should hold back, and did everything in his power to cope. Remember, last episode, he was trying to get Philip to come down to his level. Now, thanks to all the revelation about him and his personal growth, he did everything he could to match Philip instead.
ImageImage

Return to “Kamen Rider W”