Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Shinkenger Returns released

Post by takenoko »

Men in women's clothing has always been comedy gold. See Monty Python. Or more recently, the versus where Hikaru and Tetsu dress as women
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I was thinking of Go-Onger with Hanto kept dressing as a woman and the time where Saki and Miu disguised the men as women to avoid being detected by Shower Banki.
TheQuickening
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Nagasawa Nao
Favorite Band: Kinki Kids

Post by TheQuickening »

Just finished downloading this. I start up the video and I notice that, instead of Suzuka Morita/Kotoha, on the far left side of the opening splash screen is a picture of Airi Suzuki of the JPop idol group C-ute. It's definitely Airi (and not Suzuka) as I recognize the pic used as being one from a set of Xmas pics from a year or two ago.

chaoticwarzone
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by chaoticwarzone »

i have a question, did the writers not think of this, if he had put them to sleep in his second life, why didn't he just step on the shinkengers in there dream world? o.O i mean i would if they been trying to kill me
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

Like everyone, I was expecting some serious stuff here but after a few minutes, I decided to just relax and enjoy the craziness. Silly stuff like this is good too, and we'll probably gonna get the regathering in the VS movie. The suits actors had their work cut out for them, but they did splendidly, particularly with the song scene.

So they're parodying Hana Kimi in Kotoha's illusion, but added a suprising twist with the guys crossdressing and Mako alone is a real male. Very funny, but disturbing as hell. My favourite illusion would be Mako's, because the song and the dance were great XP, though the samurai illusion was pure awesomeness.

Loving the fights here, including the giant battle. Feels like a throwback to the fights in the early part of the series with the Roku-Kai Giri, Rokurindan and my favourite Shinkenger mech, IkaShinken-Oh.

Overall, a really fun movie that you'd like to watch over and over. Now all that's left is the VS movie.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

chaoticwarzone wrote:i have a question, did the writers not think of this, if he had put them to sleep in his second life, why didn't he just step on the shinkengers in there dream world? o.O i mean i would if they been trying to kill me
One, you're no fun. Two, he probably had to focus on getting the ritual continuing or otherwise they probably would have waken up.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

That was totally awesome. It was exactly what I was expecting. So many funny moments, so many good memories. I'd love to watch another Shinkenger movie or extra.

The ilusion inside the ilusion was cool too.

Unfortunately they didn't have Romi Park there with the other Seiyuu. And I was hoping to see Kaoru once again.
KaijinRide
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "I think it's important to keep a balance in things. Yeah, balance, that's the right word. Cause the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Of course, the one who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all." - Tommy Angelo

Post by KaijinRide »

nice to see a new shinkenger episode (sort of) once again after torturing myself from watching goseiger. when i first saw the first scene i thought "wow, a new take on shinkenger where they are real samurais?" but after the 3rd scene i realised it's pure fantasy-comedy awesomeness. i wont really say im disappointed that it's not the usual serious shinkenger episode but it's a good 50 mins well spent watching it. i was hoping for a kaoru cameo too.

btw is the wanted guy in the western scene richard brown?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

TheQuickening wrote:Just finished downloading this. I start up the video and I notice that, instead of Suzuka Morita/Kotoha, on the far left side of the opening splash screen is a picture of Airi Suzuki of the JPop idol group
Really? I didn't really double check the pictures so I didn't know. Well that sucks, since I could have used a different picture then. I've even used that picture for front page releases too

We probably need a moratorium on bashing Goseiger. It's like, eh. It's been six months, it's time to get over it. We've got other stuff subbed that you can be watching instead if you don't like it
Orenohissatsuclimax
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Naomi Chan~
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Decade

Post by Orenohissatsuclimax »

The ending was a bit touching, the whole "we'll live forever in your hearts (and dvd's)
Reminded me of that little scene with Wataru in Movie Wars
I really liked this concept seeing as we got to see the actors in much more action.
I actually didn't notice (or care to notice at least) that each illusion belonged to someone until they mentioned it.
And Yes, Chiaki really does make a pretty girl.
Man, imagine all the fanboys (including myself) in the kotoha x mako scene
I liked the Samurai and Space scene the best personally.
I've never been so attached to a super Sentai show as I have with Shinkenger
Can't wait for the next VS. to see them again
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

it was a awesome movie not a real ending that i expected but it was really enjoyable and cool at the same time. Takeru crossdressing was mad disturbing and creepy at the same time. Like the Idol bit having the shinkengers being backup dancers and the whole epic space scene was kinda dramatic in it's own way.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

What an unexpected, odd and fun release this is. I enjoyed the henshin and 6 blade strike effects, but really it was just nice having more from a great group of characters. I could totally go for another season of Shinkenger, it can be sentai's Den-O! Ok.. well not THAT bad.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
chaoticwarzone
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by chaoticwarzone »

Phoenix512 wrote:
chaoticwarzone wrote:i have a question, did the writers not think of this, if he had put them to sleep in his second life, why didn't he just step on the shinkengers in there dream world? o.O i mean i would if they been trying to kill me
One, you're no fun. Two, he probably had to focus on getting the ritual continuing or otherwise they probably would have waken up.
:P come on if your a villian, you would want to end them, i mean they just took your first life, you would be very ticked, super size now nothing will fit you, really not easy to get around being that large, people getting up skirt shots of you very unpleasant :lol: He could keep the ritual going with his hands and just extend a leg and step on them, why give them the chance to get up, if he put them to sleep right before he became huge, before even setting up that lantern, off them right there. They never showed when he set up the lantern to trap them so when they hit the ground so should have been his foot. its just a big plot hole, overall the movie was great, However it felt like a hyper battle video from the Kamen rider series, doesn't it? i mean it was funny, different from the series and has no logical meaning to the series.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Every time Jii voice kept coming on I kept thinking "Jii get a shinkenger suit, damn it." My favorite part was Genta VS. The weird hearts in kotoha eye's where weird.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

chaoticwarzone wrote::P come on if your a villian, you would want to end them, i mean they just took your first life, you would be very ticked, super size now nothing will fit you, really not easy to get around being that large, people getting up skirt shots of you very unpleasant :lol: He could keep the ritual going with his hands and just extend a leg and step on them, why give them the chance to get up, if he put them to sleep right before he became huge, before even setting up that lantern, off them right there. They never showed when he set up the lantern to trap them so when they hit the ground so should have been his foot. its just a big plot hole,
The monster is simply someone who loves to play with their food before they eat it. It definitely wanted to see the team suffer and die in the illusions and intentionally avoided killing them straight, the fact that it's ticked off just add to that. Yes, it's stupid and was not a smart move but it's his loss so you won't see me complaining.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”