W Series Discussion (no Forever movie talk)

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Re: W Series Discussion (no Forever movie talk)

Post by kokowaks »

w is pretty much weak... with all its gimmicks and that annoying slipper girl... thats what i think in its first episodes...

but then again the finale episodes really turned things around...

i agree that the ending is on par with blade although it turned out to be a happy one(somewhat)... i guess they were saving these guys for the next decade reunion...

i also agree to the post above... w wasn't burdened to showcase 9 different riders and world traveling conflicts... but i guess decade was there to put an exclamation mark to the past 9 and w was there to start a new era of some sort...

series wise, i think w was sort of limited with the standard 2 episode arc format... while agito and blade made perfect execution of how a series should be... w's writers had to create silly arc/cases while throwing just bits of the main storyline... and i personally think that only the nazca arc stood out when compared to the rest of arcs besides the finale(i consider accel's arc to be part of the finale aswell)
Uncontrol
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Uncontrol »

Why does everyone hate Akiko so much? She was much better than the other "companion girls" I've seen.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I agree. I like Akiko much, much more then Natsumi. Akiko had a personality, drove the plot at some points and overall had strong characterization and funny lines whereas I feel Natsumi was more of a plot point than an actual character.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Akiko seriously grew on me. Now, I can't get enough of her little slipper gags.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Amazing series with plenty of nice twists, & revelations, the cast was superb in their acting.

The two character's that surprised me the most were Akiko & Terui, both started out as cliche character's in a Rider series, but they both really came into their own as the series progressed. Akiko well cringe inducing at times with how she acted, she became a big sister for Shotaro & Phillip basically holding them together through tough spots.

As for Terui he started out as your typical secondary Rider only caring about his revenge and damn anyone who gets in his way, but i'm glad that with the help of the Shotaro, Phillip, & Akiko he realized that just blindly going after Isaka wasn't going to help him & he became a valuable secondary Rider in training.

Double was a great series, & it leaves some pretty big shoes to fill for OOO's, who i'm sure will do just fine.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Uncontrol
7X

Post by Uncontrol »

Akiko is seriously hilarious though. Even if her lines themselves were not always perfect, her facial expressions and body language made everything awesome. I would have been seriously disappointed if they diminished her importance through the series. W was really a series about characters, whether they be Riders or not.

EDIT: Why the hell did Phillip have the Lost Driver anyway?
xshinox
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Boukengers
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by xshinox »

^ maybe he got it during the A to Z movie? i dont know. i havent seen the movie so i dont know if thats true or not. if he didnt get it from the movie or getting it from skull somehow, maybe he got it from his father's home when he was there? who knows
tiuseujin
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: kamen rider blade
2nd Favorite Series: garo
Dreamy: Sato Eriko
Favorite Actor?: Ryouji Morimoto
Favorite Band: The Brilliant Green
My boom: nothing
Quote: walking the path of neither heaven, nor hell, the man who chooses his own destiny, tius eujin, HENSHIN!!! *catches mantis zecter*

Post by tiuseujin »

with the end of this series i can definitely say W was as others have said already, one of the best since blade i won't call it my favorite but if i had to go to rider war i'd definately want shoutarou and philip by my side with kenzaki, hajime, tendou, wataru and taiga
Harbinger of the heavens...
Tius Eujin, KENZAN!!

The battlefield is beautiful yet again...
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

I guess I hated Akiko too, at first.
Then they began to show how big of a help she brought to the table.
There's a handful of episodes that show her ability to think outside the box.
Which goes to prove that she is indeed, her father's daughter.

As for the series itself:
I remember, at the beginning of W, people were expecting alot of male shipping, what with Phillip's odd wardrobe and the gimmick of the rider itself, but as the series reached it's 20s, there's hardly a trace of yaoi at all! It was even lampshaded in one arc, and it was nothing short of hilarious. But then we got something better, Wincest! (no kids, incest isn't win, but you'll understand someday) And then even better with a implied heterosexual relationship between two secondary characters! woo! Not to mention Autoerotica! xD

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the series took as all by surprise, and showed us just how Kamen Rider can still be as unpredictable as it was 10 or so years ago. And for that, W is going to go down in history as one of the best examples of good writing in a 'kids show', that doesn't include giant explosions in the background and ridiculous amounts of wirefu.

And with that, on to OOO!

and uh, TeriAki woo! <3 (I need to make a sig of this!)
Dikkir
Adventure

Post by Dikkir »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:I guess I hated Akiko too, at first.

and uh, TeriAki woo! <3 (I need to make a sig of this!)
WOOOOT! Please do! Made me one too :">
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hot? Errr, TaJaDoru?
Favorite Actor?: Yu Hasebe
Favorite Band: DREAM
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gi-Gi-Giga Scan
Quote: At the signature>>>

Post by MaskedRideEclipse »

EDIT: Why the hell did Phillip have the Lost Driver anyway?[/quote]
HAHA,probably Phillip just mod the W Driver into Lost Driver like they do in reality.
-If all that I'd been said is a spoiler, then kindly delete them or put -snips-
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
Coldfission
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Coldfission »

I have to say that W was one of my favorite Kamen Rider Series, one that I would want to watch again in the near future. Akiko's character for me took some time getting used to, but after a while, as she matured and started taking Shoutarou more seriously, she ended up growing on me. Philip's 'death' had a huge impact on me. This was one of the rarest moments in my life that I was close to crying, watching the dialogue between Philip and Shoutarou, and their emotional reactions to the situations; where Shoutarou was close to breaking down, and Philip keeping his smile up to the end. This scene proved how close of friends those two were, and, as seen in episode 49, how the loss of that one person impacted everyone. It is very difficult to express that kind of emotion so well and so powerfully. Even if W did seem gimmicky to some, the last two episodes more than make up for that in raw emotional power. OOO will have a tough act to follow, but it looks really good and I want it to be good in a different way from what made W good, or from what made Den-O good. Thank you, W, for such a good ride. It was fun.
DizzySadako
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: one letter...W...
2nd Favorite Series: Decabuto? XD
Favorite Band: Daft Punk
My boom: Hybrid Bodies
Quote: "The future is not a straight line. It is filled with many crossroads. There must be a future that we can choose for ourselves" - Kiyoko, Number 25 from Akira

Post by DizzySadako »

Coldfission wrote: Thank you, W, for such a good ride. It was fun.
yes, the ride with the devil is over, and now on to kamen rider oh's! i see spaghetti o's spoofs in the future
gh0stwrit3r wrote: and uh, TeriAki woo! <3 (I need to make a sig of this!)
(extremely corny joke alert!!!!!) are you tired of having bland, emotionless steak that's bent on revenge? does that chicken constantly remind you not to ask it questions? next time your food goes down a path of despair, hit it with some TeriAki Sauce! you ain't never hear anything about this!
William_Duel
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: The World.

Post by William_Duel »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:And then even better with a implied heterosexual relationship between two secondary characters! woo! Not to mention Autoerotica! xD
Huh? Are you talking about Saeko's harem? Which characters had a relationship?
Soldat Veritas
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

MaskedRideEclipse wrote:
Why the hell did Phillip have the Lost Driver anyway?
HAHA,probably Phillip just mod the W Driver into Lost Driver like they do in reality.
I'm pretty sure he simply built a new Lost Driver. I'm sure Shroud gave him all her designs by that point.
ImageImage

Return to “Kamen Rider W”