Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Goseiger 30 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Eri has lots of dreams but when she has them eaten away, what will she do now?

Spoiler
For once, Eri's airheadness actually works to her advantage since she was able to dream again so easily. So much so that she was able to save everyone in the end. Dreams are hard to kill like the idea is. In a way, wouldn't GoseiKnight's mission to be consider a dream as well? Eri riding on Groundion was a bit funny to me.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Re: Goseiger 30 released

Post by Battra »

It was nice seeing Eri actually take advantage of the situation and be able to save everyone by keep thinking of new dreams. Erumugaimu of the Baku certainly had an interesting personality he spoke some French but he also had some Matador sprinkled in to, I quite liked it certainly made him memorable.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

While it seemed like an average episode, it seems to be the prelude for something big. Perhaps attacking on this festival is the plan of the Beasts?
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

This episode felt very different in terms of style. Getting rid of Buredoran was probably necessary to make the transition. The Erurei box storyline has certainly influenced significant changes in the overall tone and will probably dominate the plot till the end.

I never noticed before that all the Yuuma Beasts had that insignia.

It is strange that last week someone was commenting about episodes focusing on Eri being silly. For a long time I couldn't pin down Eri's personality. "Airhead" wasn't precise enough for me because it sounds too similar to Houka's whimsical nature in Magiranger. This episode dug deeper, pinpointing Eri's scatterbrained optimism. The scene where she was trapped in that dreamscape let her her show more than just a vapid smile plastered over her face.

I'm not sure if I'll ever warm up to GoseiKnight. Oddly enough, Datas seems to surpass him in knowledge about human nature. It's sad to see the mascot having more personality the sixth member.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Gotta say, i like Nozumo Dad's dream. :)
I think that's the same White Chick from Magi and Go-On.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I forgot to use this picture. A baku probably would look something like this

I also normally suck at spotting the movie spoofs in the names, but this one is obviously a reference to Elm Street
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Arigomi wrote:I'm not sure if I'll ever warm up to GoseiKnight. Oddly enough, Datas seems to surpass him in knowledge about human nature. It's sad to see the mascot having more personality the sixth member.
Well you're missing the point about GoseiKnight. Even though he has been "alive" for over 10,000 years, he has been asleep for all that time. So he doesn't understand human nature or even had to think about it. Datas has probably been around for years silently observing humans and develop understanding of human nature. Besides, GoseiKnight is more interesting as a character because he's a Headder and his development is tied to how the other Goseigers get him to change his perception of humanity.
underhell86
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Umeko/Deka Pink
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Fanfics!
Quote: Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.

Post by underhell86 »

It was the best Eri episode so far, that's for sure :lol:

Erumugaimu had a interesting personality, more then... well, more then most of the Yuumajuu.

Oh, and Gosei Pink riding Groundion = WIN.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Phoenix512 wrote: Well you're missing the point about GoseiKnight. Even though he has been "alive" for over 10,000 years, he has been asleep for all that time. So he doesn't understand human nature or even had to think about it. Datas has probably been around for years silently observing humans and develop understanding of human nature. Besides, GoseiKnight is more interesting as a character because he's a Headder and his development is tied to how the other Goseigers get him to change his perception of humanity.
I understand the "you teach me, I teach you" aspect. It's a classic theme in self-aware robot anime. I just find it boring because his development feels too predictable.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Hmm, with GoseiKnight, I always felt like the show is a bit off with him. I mean, he used to serve gosei angel as a headder. And yet, he acted like years before his imprisonment never existed. Even if his past didn't matter, it's still a bit strange. Knowing Sentai, I am sure that the bond that GoseiKnight gonna develop with the Goseigers will be awesome. If not, then this series will surprise me by not having it, for sure.

Anyhow, I felt that it was nice of GoseiPink to give up her wish for GoseiKnight. A girl with many dreams and out of all dreams she have, limited with only one wish, she chosen to give GoseiKnight a something special. Kinda neat.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Am I the only one that found a Matador speaking French weird? I guess they didn't do their research correctly...

It seems that the Yuumajuu are going to be defeated soon, since the commanders are making their moves.

I guess the new mecha will show up when they need more power to defeat the new enemies. I wonder if the new enemies will have a way of making the kaijin grow, because I don't think they'll just find the Biibi hive somewhere. That would be a great opportunity to bring Buredoran back.

Eri's wish was kinda cute.

But in the end, the episode was bland.

I still think that knight's problem is that he can only interact with them in the action moments. If only they gave him a card to turn human... He also has the double role of a mentor and of the guy that needs to be taught the values of humanity.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

m4rc0 wrote:Am I the only one that found a Matador speaking French weird? I guess they didn't do their research correctly...

It seems that the Yuumajuu are going to be defeated soon, since the commanders are making their moves.
Exactly my thoughts, except he seemed like an intended parody. The cloth was WHITE, not RED. Considering all the jokes about the French and White flags, I'd say it was intentional.

Also, I felt the end of the commanders was near when Kinguon nearly lost to a single Agri. The power-up was necessary to allow them to have a proper final stand against the Goseigers. So I expect both Makuin and Kinguon to fall in the next few weeks.

Now we've had a Sci Fi film theme with the Warstar and a Horror film theme with the Yuumayu, one can only wonder what'd be next. Fantasy? I'd really like a commander with a name based on Highlander...
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Eri got her wish in this specific episodes which its about dreams and her cheerfulness seem to be an advantage in this one. I also like how GoseiKnight doesn't understand how or what dreams are since he's learning bit from bit after being around the Goseigers.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

i'm trying to figure out what initial language that yuuma beast has is he french or mexican/spanish and isn't taming a bull supposed to have a red cloth and not white? eri had a pretty major role to play in this episode even if it was her story anyway. woud'nt gosei knight's dream be that the planet would be purified? just what are kingoun and maquin upto with that box, what's in the box? WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
KamenRiderStarz
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Den-O, W,Gokai, Magi
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, Shinken
Dreamy: Mele, Umeko, Luka
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Favorite Band: AAA, TETRA-FANG
My boom: Gao/Ryuki
Quote: Ore, Sanjou!!!!!!!
Let's Make this Showy - Capt. Marvelous

Post by KamenRiderStarz »

Arigomi wrote: I'm not sure if I'll ever warm up to GoseiKnight. Oddly enough, Datas seems to surpass him in knowledge about human nature. It's sad to see the mascot having more personality the sixth member.
Right????
They plunder my heart.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”