get your lameass mmpr wackyness out of your system now PLS

Congratulations, you noticed something is different. Licensed before completion
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Digifiend
Gabu

Re: get your lameass mmpr wackyness out of your system now P

Post by Digifiend »

The writer's strike did affect Jungle Fury. But that's not the reason we ended up with only 32 episodes a season. The move to NZ reduced costs initially, but they did eventually increase. The budget stayed the same though, so the episode count got cut down from 38 to 32.
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

FortMax wrote:I grew up with Power Rangers, and still like it. I find PR is at its best when it isn't adapting Sentai, but just uses the fight footage with new plots.

Which I like better really depends on the season. I love Bokenger, but Overdrive is terrible (well, the Rangers are, the supporting cast is pretty good), while SPD and RPM beat out Dekaranger and Go-Onger.

I'm looking forward to the Zyuranger subs because of wanting to see the show MMPR came from, AND wanting to watch Zyuranger.

I also want to watch Japanese Power Rangers shows, but I've only seen one full episode online, and there don't seem to be any DVD releases.
i grew up watching Power Rangers, but when I look back on some of the episodes, some of the episodes are obviously better than most. I still feel the original cast members from the first few years were the best because they established a sense of good chemistry and a sense of family over the years. when they started doing like what normal sentai programs do, and have a new cast for each program, things kinda got lost in the shuffle, largely because some of the cast members and their characters tended to be rather forgettable and lacked that certain something to make their characters stand out from the pack, they tended to be overly generic and almost interchangeable.

I refuse to watch the newer incarnations of Power Rangers, largely because after coming across the source material, I find the source material to be far superior than the watered down garbage that is presented. Dekaranger remains one of my favorites. I haven't finished watching Gekiranger, but from what I've seen, that is awesome stuff too.

I've also taken a look at past Sentai programs like Maskman, Jetman, and Bioman.... all excellent programs. I'm of two minds regarding TVNihon's decision to fansub ZyuRanger, because on the one hand I'm kinda scared, but on the other I'm curious to see the full uncut episodes of the series whose footage was used to spark the Power Ranger franchise in America, and also sparked the interest in many people to learn more about the Tokusatsu programs from which the footage is derived from.

My wife is very anxious to see the uncut episodes of ZyuRanger, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing this series in its complete form, the same goes with DaiRanger and Megaranger. :) Keep up the good work.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Did any of you ever watch the footage of when they invited Power Rangers of the past to, oh god I forget what convention, but man some of them have not aged well. Well, rangers who are still alive, and not in trouble with the law right now.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Everyone keep in mind, the majority of us would not be here if it wasn't for Power Rangers. The thing that sickens me is when people automatically start bashing on PR just because they know Sentai exists. Both are good in their own merits, and I enjoy watching PR from time to time.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Catastrophe wrote:Everyone keep in mind, the majority of us would not be here if it wasn't for Power Rangers. The thing that sickens me is when people automatically start bashing on PR just because they know Sentai exists. Both are good in their own merits, and I enjoy watching PR from time to time.
The oppisite is also true, some of us almost wern't here because of power rangers. but with all the griping the fact still remains at least they tried to take the idea over here. It was a good attempt, but Disney killed it. I may complain about power rangers, but I admitt I am unfair to the years in which it really wasn't bad.
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

DrowningFishy wrote:Did any of you ever watch the footage of when they invited Power Rangers of the past to, oh god I forget what convention, but man some of them have not aged well. Well, rangers who are still alive, and not in trouble with the law right now.
Who is in trouble with the law?
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Sexy_RoboVoice wrote:
DrowningFishy wrote:Did any of you ever watch the footage of when they invited Power Rangers of the past to, oh god I forget what convention, but man some of them have not aged well. Well, rangers who are still alive, and not in trouble with the law right now.
Who is in trouble with the law?
Walter Jones (black ranger) who got a DUI a few years back. Then there was Skylar Deleon who gave power rangers a bad name here when he commited two yacht murders. Oh that was a great headline "Former Power Ranger actor arrested for murder." BTW you do not want to look into the Skylar case it gets pretty fed up
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Skylar Deleon was a non-speaking extra, that hardly qualifies.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Lunagel wrote:Skylar Deleon was a non-speaking extra, that hardly qualifies.
Then my bad, I admitt I made a mistake (not a huge fan of PR should have figured that out by now) but still the Power Ranger name still got dragged though the mud for that one. Even to day when they talk about that case it's always former PR actor. I think it is unfair that they do that, why drag a franchise name threw the mud over one idiot.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They say power ranger actor just to get peoples attention. It wouldn't have had the same effect to say an extra did it.
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

Catastrophe wrote:They say power ranger actor just to get peoples attention. It wouldn't have had the same effect to say an extra did it.
that's the way sensationalist journalism works, they say something that's attention grabbing, usually on the front page headline, and then you dig a little deeper and learn the real story is a little more complicated than the overly simplified headline.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

DrowningFishy wrote:
Sexy_RoboVoice wrote:Who is in trouble with the law?
Walter Jones (black ranger) who got a DUI a few years back.
He wasn't guilty! Ended up acquitted. Do your research.
bill157698
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Kiva/W
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Doctor Who

Post by bill157698 »

FortMax wrote:"I'm SCOTTISH!"
best line ever.
Watching: Gokaiger, Dairanger, Zyuranger, Abaranger, Jetman, Liveman, Faiz, Hibiki
Completed:Shinkenger, Goseiger, Magiranger, Dekaranger, Decade, Boukenger,Go-Onger, Ryuki, Blade, Gekiranger, Den O, Kabuto, W, OOO
Ash Rudel
Go Go!
Favorite series: Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: W, Kabuto, Faiz
Quote: Obachan said this... "My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.

Post by Ash Rudel »

Funny thing i noticed watching Zyu compared to PR, is Geki and Jason have a very simialr hair cut.
Last edited by Ash Rudel on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The same can be said of the many thousands of other men with short hair gel'd upwards.

Return to “Sentai-Kyouryuu Sentai ZyuRanger”