Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Chou Den-O Trilogy 1: Episode Red released

Post by Leonite Rider »

FangTrigger wrote:In my opinion, this movie needed a little work. As much as i love den-o, this movie is called 'Zeronos Startwinkle' Not 'Den-O Startwinkle' It stinks that his fight scene was so short and he really didn't get to do any major damage to the imagin, but i do love the scenes between him and Ari (although i was dying to see them kiss at least once!). Still, i hope the other two movies have a little more of the main character(s) of the movie rather than just have den-o steal the lime light again.
Episode Blue is NEW Den-O's though, one way or another Den-O is going to steal the show :P

Also, I just realised this is the first Den-O movie (except Climax Deka) that doesn't have Seig in it.... although now I've said that he'll probably show up in Blue or Yellow... or both
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
neomonpkmn02
Go Go!
Favorite series: Keitai 7
2nd Favorite Series: KR Ryuki
Dreamy: Kitagawa Keiko
Favorite Actor?: Matsumoto Jun
Favorite Band: BACK-ON
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Magic...
Quote: Smile Smile

Post by neomonpkmn02 »

I have to say, I loved the movie for giving closure(somewhat) regarding Yuuto and Airi. Yuuto's existence and purpose really does amaze me in so many ways. The way it shifts focus from romantic to funny to action and stuff was pretty much delivered well though not as best at it can be, it was in fact intriguing to watch.

I'd wish some scenes form his older or younger(decade) self was given a little focus. And like an explanation how he reverted to using his older forms. But oh well, children show is children show though part of me says it targets adults as well in this movie.

One thing to add though.. It's Chou Den-O right? Climax Form should have SIEG in it! Injustice! lol....
Just your barely qualified hero
Like most people you see everyday, I just existed ~rephrased from Kick Ass
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

FangTrigger wrote:In my opinion, this movie needed a little work. As much as i love den-o, this movie is called 'Zeronos Startwinkle' Not 'Den-O Startwinkle' It stinks that his fight scene was so short and he really didn't get to do any major damage to the imagin, but i do love the scenes between him and Ari (although i was dying to see them kiss at least once!). Still, i hope the other two movies have a little more of the main character(s) of the movie rather than just have den-o steal the lime light again.
Again why does Zeronos have to finish off the imagin at all? From a story stand point Zeronos stole the show because he finished off his story rather nicely. There is no purpose in him defeating the imagin other then giving Zeronos an action scene that isn't even needed.
You don't always have to be in a fight to be relevant in Kamen Rider.
DarkProject
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Fast like the wind,
Silent like a forest,
Intrusive like the fire,
Immobile like a mountain.
-Takeda Shingen

Post by DarkProject »

Thanks for this. I didn't realize that each episode would be a full-length movie.

This movie was not about the action, but rather the relationship. The Denliner storyline didn't seem to match up with the rest, but I'm hoping we'll learn more in the next two about that. Unless the Three Little Pigs Imagin was the one who entered the dateless ticket, then it's wrapped up.

They seem to be intentionally ignoring the main shtick of Zeronos, I thought that using the Red Card would make Airi forget their coffee date or something else they shared.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

Well Airi wasn't suppose to remember Sakurai either after the last episode. But hey she does.
KamenRiderKaibo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by KamenRiderKaibo »

Since when the imagin changed their objective to stealing others' time by living as the contract holder and making the original contract holder dies (turning into sand)?
and yea, still the same question, why does Ryotaro remain as kid? (im surprise that Airi doesn't find it strange) any explanation other than the unavailability of Satō Takeru? i miss the original Ryotaro :(
Karoum
7X

Post by Karoum »

They probably always had the possibility of doing so, but did not because they had orders telling them to do something else (destroy stuff/people in the past).
gatoronfire4lord
Infinity
Favorite series: Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Maya (Kiva)
Favorite Band: Avalon

Post by gatoronfire4lord »

I enjoyed it, though it did feel like a long episode. The subtlety in Yuuto and Airi was very nice, and well-paced. I didn't mind Den-O stealing the show battlewise...this franchise will always belong to Den-O regardless of who the movie is focusing on.

I also noticed that the trailers for the next two movies weren't subbed, and that was disappointing. Was that done on purpose, or just an oversight? Can we get those subbed at some point, or are they out in some way already?

Thanks for another great work!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Those trailers were supposed to cut off.
yami0204
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Seto Koji
Favorite Band: EXO
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Kim "Xiumin" Minseok

Post by yami0204 »

I'm going to have to agree completely with takenoko on this. This movie was very moving and the scenes between Yuuto and Airi were heartbreaking and wonderful. It was very cinematic in a way that you don't normally see in tokusatsu movies (or TV series) and it was great seeing that relationship highlighted. For me, this movie could have been best without all the toku fight scenes and the battles. The battles were necessary, because it is a tokusatsu, but they were not the focal point of this movie and it seemed clear that everyone working on this film knew that. The relationship between Airi and Yuuto, their sorting out their feelings for one another and how they both can come to terms with the new present that they must live in together, was what made this film spectacular. And there was wonderful chemistry between the two actors in every scene they were in; they both understood how their characters felt and played those feelings to make each scene seem incredibly sincere and real.

Bravo!
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Mirei Kiritani
Favorite Actor?: Tatsuya Fujiwara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by [kuronogantzryu] »

Overall, I liked the movie but a few things bugging me have already been said.
Spoiler
Catastrophe wrote:
Spoiler
The thing that confuses me is the use of the cards. If Present Sakurai doesn't exist anymore, then Yuto shouldn't be able to transform into Altair Form. However he does, and Airi can remember him, so does that mean he isn't gone?
Dengar wrote:
Spoiler
It seems like Imagin will always exist. Remnants of forgotten timelines that didn't get to exist. Kai was just responsible for a massive invasion of them.
markoclix wrote:
Spoiler
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie but it may be time for the climax to come to an end. The actors don't seem whole-heartedly behind it anymore and there doesn't seem to be too much more that they could explore with the these characters anyway.

I'm just not feeling Den-O anymore.
ImageImage
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

Barring all the little inconsistencies and other trivial stuff, I really liked this movie, and the focus on the LOVE story between Yuuto and Airi. Loved the shots and the cinematography. I really liked how this movie fits into the story of Vega and Altair, in its own way. Instead of being separated by time/space, the barrier between their love is her feelings for the older Yuuto and that is almost unbreakable. Wakana and Yuuichi were great together, they had great chemistry. Because of Airi's character, I never thought much about Wakana as an actress, but she rose to the challenge this movie brings and, yeah, she's good.

Though I would have liked Sato Takeru to return as Ryotaro, I was really impressed by Mizoguchi's potrayal of Ryotaro, and how he pulled off the possessions well. If anything, he crossed out most of my possible complaints of not having Takeru by being a good actor.

About the guy pining for Airi and stalking her...I both hate and pity him for his indecisiveness and his idiocy. I got to give the actor props for making me feel that way about a side character.

Now I'm hyped up for Episode Blue and Yellow, which according to the reviews I've read, were even better than Episode Red.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I'm in agreement with those who liked this movie. I thought it was excellently done. I'm actually glad Zeronos didn't defeat the monster. This wasn't a movie about Zeronos, despite what a few people seem to be saying here. This was a movie about Yuuto. I had always wondered what would happen with Airi and Yuuto when the TV series ended. That was one plot thread that was kind of left hanging, and Decade was too busy being about Rider fights and not making sense to resolve that...so it's nice to see them finally tackle it.

I also think that this is in a way better than the Decade episodes/Chou Den-O movie. Again, those were too narrowly focused on the Rider stuff, and of course the movie had to be about big epic fights and stuff, because that's what movies are for. This actually felt more like the original Den-O TV series, where it's like yeah, there was silly stuff, but it wasn't happening all the time. The romantic scenes were good, and I can't imagine skipping them. They set the tone and theme of the movie...plus the music was great.

For the plot hole of the Zeronos cards, I kind of want to take the MST3K way out and say "Repeat to yourself it's just a show, you should really just relax." However, this movie does take place three years after the events of the original series. It's not impossible to think Yuuto may have discovered a way to create Zeronos cards that don't rely on memories to power them (especially since future Sakurai no longer exists to give him more cards).

My only final thought is what Owner was doing. Was it just crazy antics, or was it foreshadowing for something that will happen in the other two movies?
Kuzuryuzen
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Kuzuryuzen »

Well what can I say? there ara a lot of people hating the movie others at the middle, I'm at the "Ilove this movie" side. I think the movie was about Yuuto and Airi, and lot of people seems to hate the motorbike part, I really love it, it showed the indecission and then hope on Airi that she could fell in love with "this" Sakurai, it had Humor but I like the romantic (and rejects) scenes on the movie, people hating should think that this is just the first chapter of three episodes.

And in my own opinion I was waiting "years" for Yuuto and Airi to resolve their relationship, the ending bringing hope was perfect.
ScatterBrain
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Faiz
Dreamy: Yuuto
Favorite Actor?: Yuichi Nakamura
Favorite Band: AAA
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Everything Japanese!
Quote: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

Post by ScatterBrain »

I appologise for the size of this comment i just found myself full of things to say about this movie and the series in general.

Beginning of movie :D (Followed by :lol: for Denebs plan reveal)
First Yuuto and Airi scene :)
First rejection :(
Ending :cry:
When Den-o the series ended I was really sad for two reasons;
1) We would never see the Taro's being funny, Yutto or Deneb antics etc. ever again :cry:
2) ALOT of plot holes and storylines were left hanging that I thought would never get finished.
And I feel that way after seeing this movie. Id love them to do another special with as much of the cast as they can but at some point the actors are gona say no or they will just stop making them. And being as this was based on Yuuto and Airi I feel this may be their last appearence. its not completely concluded but its hints enough for it to stop their (but Please dont).
Its true there are still a few storylines from the series (not counting decades younger Ryutaro) that have not been answered but I was thrilled each time I heard they were gona do another den o movie thinking we might get some answers/closure. One big question that still puzzles me is how could Hana not have known Yuuto and Airi are her parents? In fact other than the fact Hana's time was gone we know nothing of her timeline. E.g. if Yuuto and Airi didn’t raise her who did? Clearly not Ryutaro because she would have known him the minute he told her his name. However Ryutaro obviously is not dead as he is part of Kotaro's life as we see at the end of final countdown.
One question that was finally answered was Airi’s memories and how Sakurai’s erasing from history, this time for real, affected them, along with what did she and Yuuto do next. Her final appearance in the series was of him disappearing and yet in the next three movies (kiva crossover, decade crossover and first cho den o movie) we only see her once and she is her usual bubbly self for all of the 5 minutes she was in the kiva crossover. I can see from that how alot of fans think she forgot about sakurai and everything again. But again shes her bubbly whimsical self at the beginning of this movie when surrounded by her friends, its only when she and Yuuto are together or she is alone and thinks of sakurai we see she is sad. She just hides how she really feels in front of others which explains the kiva scene.
I love how they didn’t make it easy for her to be won over by Yuuto as a possible replacement for her lost love, cause that is what sakurai is; lost/dead. Sure Yuuto has the same name and past but in the missing years between Yuuto and sakurai, they grew up very differently. Sakurai had different experiences, matured in different ways and became completely different to how Yuuto was when he first appeared in the series. Yuuto on the other hand was drafted by sakurai into saving a woman he didn’t know yet but would one day be his fiancé and bear his child (whether or not he knows that last part is unknown) and fighting a war against a crazy guy and his monsters. Knowing that you probably won’t have a choice in who you love and that your future might be written in stone would cause you to not be as upbeat and happy as sakurai was made to look in the flashbacks. Plus having to erase every loved ones memory of your existence, including family, friends, teachers etc. is going to give you allot of emotional baggage and explain why he hasn’t returned to his own time. What would be the point of that? There’s no one who will remember him and faking sakurai’s personality to win over Airi in the past would be wrong as it wouldn’t be himself that was winning Airi over. Personally I always thought Sakurai was pretty cold for putting all the pressure on Yuuto.
So I loved how neither of them really knew what to do, especially Yuuto who by now clearly loves Airi but realises hes not the man Airi fell in love with but the man he could have been. I’d like to think that the “cuddle” at the end on the bike and the fact that hana still exists or at the least hasn’t shrunk down to a baby means that they will get together someday, but she is a singularity point so maybe shell exist no matter what. After all her entire time disappeared in the series and she stayed about twenty odd for most of it. It was only when it looked like Yuuto instead of sakurai was going to be the father at a later date, causing a new timeline to appear, that she de-aged to her current state (least that’s my opinion why it happened instead of just killing the character off when the actress left). I don’t know why the actress playing “older” hana left but it took some balls to try and keep the character in, just wish they had explained more about why hana became a little girl instead of fans having to come up with theories.
i do hope they do more den o after the movie so we see if Airi and Yuuto do get together, and also just because den o is still by far my favourite kamen rider series. looking forward to blue but not expecting much of yellow as it has diend as the focus, and whilst the rider is cool the character is the most annoying from the series other than yusuke. it should be den o characters only, if they wana do a diend special do it in a decade series special.
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, there is an idea and ideas are bulletproof!

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”