Map
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W/Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Decade/Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: AC/DC

Re: Chou Den-O Trilogy 3: Episode Yellow released

Post by Map »

Kaiehc wrote:I have to say that Diend Complete form has got to be the ugliest, and laziest designed suit that has ever been made in Heisei toku history. They swapped out the arms and legs with the parts from Decade Complete and literally just stuck on cards onto the chest and face.
Agreed. Considering they had enough of a budget to make G Den-O I don't see why they couldn't do any better with Diend. I have to say I never thought they could make Diend weirder looking than his main form though.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

Quite an awesome movie, I have to say. Reiji's story with his mother was reasonably well done, and I found myself smiling happily at the end, so all is good.

As this one was written by Yonemura instead of Kobayashi, I had expected it to be different, and inconsistencies are sure to occur. Some holes here and there, but not much that it would spoil my enjoyment.

I like how Ura had a larger role here, and seems to connect with Kaito more. DiEnd's and Ura's suit actor was the same guy, after all. On that note, I loved the two DiEnd scene. Replayed it a few times to guess which one was Eitoku. I suspect the other one was played by Takaiwa.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Loved the Owner/Station Master duel at the end. It is the thread that connects the trilogy after all.
takenoko wrote:
Anyway, DiEnd Complete probably would have been cooler if it were the secondary Riders. I know DiEnd world is basically Blade Movie world, but DiEnd isn't a movie Rider so much as he's a secondary Rider to Decade. G3, Knight, Kaixa, Chalice, Ibuki, Gatack, Zeronos, IXA is like ten times more cooler than G4, Ryuga, the Faiz one, Glaive, Kabuki, Caucasus, Garo's dad, and Arc. Secondary Riders are always so cool. It was just an opportunity wasted
Personally, I think the Movie antagonists are the only things comparable to the main Final forms. At least in concept.
Although, I admit some work better(Glaive) then others.(Skull, G4)

As a side-note, just because DiEnd Complete Form is missing the Den-O movie riders on his chest doesn't mean I won't display them with him.
Same thing for Decade and any future Final Forms.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hot? Errr, TaJaDoru?
Favorite Actor?: Yu Hasebe
Favorite Band: DREAM
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gi-Gi-Giga Scan
Quote: At the signature>>>

Post by MaskedRideEclipse »

kaemmerite wrote:Also I was happy to see Caucasus was holding a blue rose when he was summoned. Nice to see they remembered that.
They also remembered that in Cho-Den-O and Decade.
-If all that I'd been said is a spoiler, then kindly delete them or put -snips-
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

i never knew that den-o could deliver movies of the quality... initially i thought the trilogy is going to be bad, just a money-making thing of toei but im surprised that this ones was IMHO better movies than the last ones i saw from the previous riders...

im surprised why many mentioned that it was the weakest trilogy... i really liked it since it was smoothly fast paced and the characters were written out well... while it might not be strong on the emotional/sentimental part like the previous ones in the trilogy(well it did make up in the last parts of the movie), but i feel that this one is more well-rounded than those of red and blue...

anyways thanks for bringing to us these trilogy...
nekollx
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by nekollx »

One thing i would have lined them to cover is why the antagonist didn't just give his young self the letters.

I ind of got the impression that his Time Police duty kind of overwhelmed him, he couldn't rewrite the past for his own benifit but clarity would have been nice since he is dooming himself to 20 years of pain.

Oh and the person who wondered why "why the parent split up wasn't explained" the woman was talking to, from her perspective, a stranger. She had a moment of regret but do you tell a total stranger you just met why you devoice your husband and abandoned your child?

Also to the 2 year/20 year person:
It's 2 years to us/Diend but 20 years for the antagonist, or did you think a 8 year old kid becomes a adult in 600 days?
Super Sentai/Kamen Rider fan subs for the PSP http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=8802

My Laptop is Dying, want to help? http://nekollx.deviantart.com/journal/40051434/
crazybus
Favorite series: Ryuki/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Dekaranger
Favorite Band: Cradle of Filth
Quote: "Obaa-chan said this, 'Make the world revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way.'"

Post by crazybus »

FangTrigger wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: By the way, in the subs, it says 'Not for over two years,' not 'not for over twenty years.' I don't mean to criticize, but was it supposed to be implied that she hasn't seen him for over a long time (i do acknowledge the fact that it's been somewhere between 10-20 something years since)?

Sorry if i seem nit-picky, but i can't really help it.
To me it seemed like somehow he talked to her in 2010, not his own time, so it would've been only 2 years. I figured he got stuck in 2008 after his Imagin was destroyed, but that doesn't make sense. It also doesn't make sense that he would go to 2010, so it could've also been a translation mistake. I wasn't paying attention though, so I don't know if she said "ni-jyuu" or just "ni." Of course, it's Den-O, so it's probably better not to think about it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

He time traveled, obviously. I'm guessing he's a Singularity point as well, as he can transform, so going back to the time where he was a child is not impossible.

I really liked G-Den O/ Reji as a character. Chances are, he'll never be seen again (more Den-O to come, I'm sure), but I'd like to see him.

Also, anybody else find it strange how well Daiki fit into the Den-O universe?
crazybus
Favorite series: Ryuki/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Dekaranger
Favorite Band: Cradle of Filth
Quote: "Obaa-chan said this, 'Make the world revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way.'"

Post by crazybus »

Catastrophe wrote:He time traveled, obviously. I'm guessing he's a Singularity point as well, as he can transform, so going back to the time where he was a child is not impossible.
I just found it strange that he'd go back 2 years after his mother left him. Unless she were dead, he'd probably see her in his own time. I guess he could've just wanted to make sure that he saw her in a time when he wouldn't have run into himself and her together. It's not like it really matters, I was just attempting to explain the 2 years thing to FangTrigger (apparently I screwed up the quote tags also).
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's probably a waning thing. He did say the letters wouldn't remove his hate for his mother, so perhaps visiting her when she wouldn't recognise him would give him an indication if he still hated her or not.

One thing I didn't like about the whole thing is that in his opening scene he causally drops a line about his mother abandoning him, and the fact isn't touched on again until the letters are found. Other then that, I think it's a good amount of full character development in a single 1 hour movie (considering that the other central characters in the other two movies had been introduced and explored beforehand).
Orenohissatsuclimax
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Naomi Chan~
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Decade

Post by Orenohissatsuclimax »

Interesting how this Trilogy Played on emotions (even if they were not really complete)

The beginning is what got me in.
Seriously, I've always wondered about the throwing the pass thing
The trilogy ind of answered a lot of smaller things which was nice

I guess it means that pretty much every movie is canon someway somehow

Although Pulling diend of all people is kind of odd for a Den O movie
Of course this can't be the end of Den O

Just Wait for Den OOO
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

kokowaks wrote: im surprised why many mentioned that it was the weakest trilogy... i really liked it since it was smoothly fast paced and the characters were written out well... while it might not be strong on the emotional/sentimental part like the previous ones in the trilogy(well it did make up in the last parts of the movie), but i feel that this one is more well-rounded than those of red and blue...
Movie sequels have to convince audiences that the universe is worth revisiting. We can't forget that this is the seventh Den-O movie. After so many movies, people want something that is a little more substantial than a typical two episode Den-O arc. It was a fun way to pass the time but not something that leaves an impression.

It is also worth noting that this is probably the last we will ever see of Diend. It is disappointing to see an important character in this movie never growing beyond a cameo role.
motaku96
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by motaku96 »

I made this 'cause I quite literally swooned at this scene. Oh, Urataros, you make everyone sexier don't you.

Last edited by motaku96 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Catastrophe wrote:By the way, in the subs, it says 'Not for over two years,' not 'not for over twenty years.' I don't mean to criticize, but was it supposed to be implied that she hasn't seen him for over a long time (i do acknowledge the fact that it's been somewhere between 10-20 something years since)?

Sorry if i seem nit-picky, but i can't really help it.
She says two (2) years. There's a poster right behind them during the line that says 2010 too, so that's definitely the time he picked to go visit her. The reasoning is a little fuzzy, but from a production standpoint it was probably easiest because that is present day for the people who watched the movie in theaters. In-story, that's also what is considered present day for the DenLiner crew, so that might be why Reiji hopped off to visit.

Whereas I'd argue Episode Blue is the most like Den-O of this trilogy, I think Episode Yellow is arguably the most like a Den-O movie. With the exception of Climax Deka, which wasn't intended to be a theatrical release anyway, the previous Den-O movies usually have a major "the timeline is being warped" issue that the DenLiner crew running around trying to stop. Paradox was always a risk in the series when an Imagin flew to the past and started destroying stuff, but it usually took a backseat to the individual contract-holders. With Ore Tanjou, Saraba, and Onigashima Battleship, the need to prevent a paradox felt more urgent. I admire this movie for how they worked the paradox into the plot. It's impressive how it all worked out in the end.

There were some nice throwbacks to the series and the other movies - the family picture that Ryoutarou drew popping up, Airi giving Ryoutarou hijiki salad so that he could build up his strength. That comment about wanting Ryoutarou to be big again had me scratching my head. We know from Episode Red that she knows about Sakurai disappearing and Yuuto being his younger self, but it doesn't seem like she knows about Hana. I wish it was easier to tell what Airi does and doesn't know.

I liked Daiki's character in Decade. The inconsistent way the character was written at times was frustrating, but his actor did a great job with what he had to work with and I thought the character had a lot of potential. There's one line from Hana, something about how "the treasure he's ultimately looking for, and gave up on, is human emotion" really felt like a great insight on the character. I think you can spin a lot of his actions and decisions into an inner conflict between wanting to emotionally connect with the people around him but distancing himself and deliberately ticking them off before he gets into a position where he can get hurt. That could be why he was so fast to discourage Ryoutarou from believing that his goal was to protect the letters.

Daiki's reaction to his past self stealing the gun was, as many others have already said, very funny. And speaking of guns, he gets shot or shot at a lot in this movie, doesn't he? That's got to be painful.

Daiki peeling off a Naomi-costume was a little creepy. I wonder where Naomi really did go in the middle of the movie.

Rice golf was amazing. Just when you think Owner and Station Master can't come up with something crazier... Owner's facial expressions, particularly during his showdown with Eve at the jail cells, were some of his best yet, too.

Huh, I didn't say much about Reiji and Eve, did I? They were so-so. I wasn't really impressed with Reiji, but the scene switch so it was the young Reiji accepting the bouquet was beautiful. Eve taking over the G Den-O suit completely was a nice twist, and produced some good fight scenes.

The Imagin seeing their "creator" in the anime short at the end was pretty funny.
Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Post by Raitaro »

This is my favorite one out of the trilogy just because of diend hes one of my favorite riders so i was so happy to see this too bad it didnt center around diend that much. where did g-den-o get that k touch from?
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”