Trains and masked devils!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kabuto | Den-O | The Next >
Skiks
Faiz

Re: Chou Den-O Trilogy 3: Episode Yellow released

Post by Skiks »

takenoko wrote: DiEnd's K-touch is literally pulled out of nothing but storywise and in the movie. Maybe it's something that was cut but will be added back in the DC
To be fair Decade's K-touch appeared the same exact way. Sure we assume he lost it along the way before his loss of memory but thats just an assumption. Considering he didn't even need the K-touch to kill all the riders thanks to his fury form/violent emotion. So for diend it fits.
Catastrophe wrote:I find it funny that the K Touch doesn't have a rider from Den-O movies, despite the fact there are almost more of them then all the other Hesei movies combined.
Also this is part of Diend's motif. Diend never uses a rider from the world he visits in battle. So he wouldn't use a Den-O movie rider for said battle in this movie.
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

I thought Ryoutarou's cup was going to be a plot hook into the next movie, but sadly no. Oh well.

Everyone else has said what I could say.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
Map
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W/Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Decade/Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: AC/DC

Post by Map »

Is it just me or does Diend's Ktouch sound a little Australian?

Some other thoughts:

G Den-O's final attack is pretty cool. Didn't see that coming, I thought he'd be using his gun for that.

Momotaros got hurt a lot throughout the trilogy. Makes me wonder what will happen to him in the next eventual Den-O movie.

Overall I find it better than Red, but Blue really stands out in my mind.
Last edited by Map on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kami_no_Kamen
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Undecided/All
2nd Favorite Series: Same...
Dreamy: Older Hana.
Favorite Actor?: Not Sure
Favorite Band: Devil Wears Prada
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Women, and Toku
Quote: "Kim: Is your girlfriend distracting you?
Scott: My girlfriend? Wh-
Knives: ... I'll be quieter...."

Post by Kami_no_Kamen »

I am also in concurrence with everybody, it was cool, but it still was slackin. I think Blue was the best by far, I told my friend it had more emotion and such, thats why it was good, n he said "Well, I like action, so yellow is better" lol.

Anyways, still a good movie with the same holes in the story as before, were you expecting no holes as other holes got filled? Isnt that a paradox of some kind? The dam has a hole so a man plugs it, but the pressure creates another hole, so he plugs it, and so on and so forth, until BOOM. Den-O's series implodes itself.
Completed -
Kamen Rider - Kabuto, Decade, Faiz, Den-O, Kiva, W, Agito
Super Sentai - Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger

Active -
Kamen RIder - Ooo, Blade
Super Sentai - Goseiger, Jetman
Manga - Hajime No Ippo, Pluto, Monster
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Den-O's series imploded on itself long time ago.

I gotta disagree with everyone hating who got picked for DiEnd's Complete Form. I think they were all just right. These 3 were supposed to be a big special movie Event. So you've got everyone in that mood so giving him nothing but Movie Riders is pretty awesome. Plus I got hear SKULL! (which suprisingly wasn't subtitled. :o )

Movie was the weakest of the 3 but that doesn't mean it wasn't freaking awesome. This makes me miss Decade(the series) soooo so freggin much!!! I wish they would make more Decade!!.

Really surprised the only extra riders he summoned were RioTroopers. Was hoping for some more cameos from some other riders but hey I'll take the over kill finsher and be happy.

And why the hell is momo talking about What is that? really he's shocked by the overkill of it? He's had quite a bit of overkill finshers in his day.

I really wonder what the future has instore now. I know we'll get more Den-O down the line someday. But is this the end for Decade?? /cry if it is.
[cg]sasuke
Infinity
Quote: "grandma said...."

Post by [cg]sasuke »

anyone noticed the emblem of g den-o? it looks like schwarz bruder :lol:
KAMEN RIDER OOO loves Reggae and Jamaica
ImageImage
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Watched Yellow. If you turn off your brain and forget the stuff about the time police, all the other unexplained stuff from Den-O (and DiEnd) and the fact that the Taros are walking norally withou their animal suits or Ryou, it's pretty entertaining.

U-DiEnd was cool. I like how they gave Ura a bigger role this time. BUt the complte form was a let down. Unlike Decade's they just put the cards there. There was no real design change. ike something they pulled out in 5 minutes...

G-Den-O looks cool, but other than that...

What really impressed me is that I saw how Kaito could be a good character if they don't make him either be a jerk for no reason or be lovey-dovey with the main hero for no reason.

If they made him a "lupinesque" charcater, he could really shine. But then again, Decade (and DiEnd) are probably dead. A pity, I hoped they would keep showing up in the rider wars movies...
nekollx
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by nekollx »

kaemmerite wrote:G Den-O's transformation is totally cool. But I seem to have the opinion others here have. Great action, but the plot was weird, and DiEnd's K-Touch literally came out of nowhere. Some really funny stuff in this though, like Owner trying to escape from being arrested, and Momotaros looking at DiEnd Complete and saying "What the hell is that?"

It's a shame Sieg didn't make an appearance so that he could be thrown in jail too.

At first I was wondering how Kaitou followed them back in time at the beginning of the movie, given that they didn't take him on DenLiner. Then in the station he did the little hook thing from his gun so I just kind of assumed "Oh that's how he did it at the beginning too."

They never really gave a good explanation of why Reiji's mother abandoned him as a child, or why the father was hiding the letters from Reiji (I assume it was his father hiding them, at least). They kind of just glossed it over with "Well some stuff happened." Like...? I mean she even says herself "He probably hates me for being cold to him" and then never gives a reason for what she did. I dunno. I guess it ultimately isn't important but it would be nice to tell the audience (maybe in the DC along with the explanation for the K-Touch, or perhaps I'm being too optimistic).

I'm assuming the reason why there wasn't a Den-O Rider for DiEnd complete is because that would make it nine Riders, which doesn't exactly fit as evenly as eight did. That means one series had to be dropped to make it an even eight, and might as well drop Den-O because it'd be just a bit weird to summon a Rider that they'd be familiar with (though that could have made for a really amusing scene, "Hey what's that bastard doing here again?!" or something). Also I was happy to see Caucasus was holding a blue rose when he was summoned. Nice to see they remembered that.
Yellow was pretty weak over all but let's be fair Daiki would need a seperate K-Touch just for Den-O

anyone want to guess what it would have and the order?
Super Sentai/Kamen Rider fan subs for the PSP http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=8802

My Laptop is Dying, want to help? http://nekollx.deviantart.com/journal/40051434/
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like the touch of Owner giving his Infinity ticket to Ryotaro. Shows that he trusts them now. Although, I thought that it was the Master Pass they needed and the Infinity Ticket was for the God Line.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

I agree with the multiple others that say Diend complete was lacking. If you've noticed, all of his riders were evil, movie riders (or just appeared evil in the case of Skull) but i think Skull could have been replaced by another rider. Yes i know Diend also get some of the hero riders, but still.

And on a side note, out of all the imagin in the trilogy, Eve was the best. He had all the makings of a good movie villain. Maybe (if he'd appeared earlier) he could've been the other rider on Diend Complete rather than skull
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Catastrophe wrote:I like the touch of Owner giving his Infinity ticket to Ryotaro. Shows that he trusts them now. Although, I thought that it was the Master Pass they needed and the Infinity Ticket was for the God Line.
Thank god i wasnt the only one that noticed that.
takenoko wrote:[ Image ]

This was kind of the least strongest story for me because Reiji was kind of a convenient villain. He's a mindless follower of Eve until he gets his mom's letter. So because of the one line he said earlier about hating his mom, we learn that his entire deal is based on that. And because he turned a new leaf, he pulls the DiEnd Touch thing out of thin air. What seriously? This is the best justification given for DiEnd getting it? Why does Reiji have that? Couldn't they have given one line of explanation that DiEnd even knew it existed before that point?

Back to Reiji, the ending was sweet, but he comes off as pretty hypocritical considering he's still going to hate his mom for like 20 years before he suddenly visits her out of the blue.
Thing is Take (and I'm sure you've noticed this as well), when it comes to the hensei riders, the secondary rider always gets a new form if the main rider does (skipping Faiz and Kuuga (he didn't have another rider)). I was kinda expecting Diend to get his second form during decade, but, oh well.

By the way, in the subs, it says 'Not for over two years,' not 'not for over twenty years.' I don't mean to criticize, but was it supposed to be implied that she hasn't seen him for over a long time (i do acknowledge the fact that it's been somewhere between 10-20 something years since)?

Sorry if i seem nit-picky, but i can't really help it.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

FangTrigger wrote:I agree with the multiple others that say Diend complete was lacking. If you've noticed, all of his riders were evil, movie riders (or just appeared evil in the case of Skull) but i think Skull could have been replaced by another rider. Yes i know Diend also get some of the hero riders, but still.
Diend was particular presented as an antagonist initially so it's fine if he uses movie riders. His card used to summon them all says Gekijoban which I believe means movie. So the card had to summon movie riders. Also because he is in Den-O world he will not use a Den-O rider. Thats just how Daiki rolls probably to avoid a paradox. Kuuga had no movie rider and Den-O had to be skipped so they stuck with what they could. Also notice how they lampshaded the fact that Diend Complete was pure fan service with Daiki's line before the use of the card. So I honestly don't mind the choices made with Diend Complete.
kiyominai
7X
Quote: おばあちゃんが言っていた「世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ一つ。天の道を往き、総てを司る男……天道総司」

Post by kiyominai »

"Gekijyouban" which means "Movie Version." Thus, summoning the Movie exclusive riders. I lolled at that.
Last edited by kiyominai on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaiehc
Gao

Post by Kaiehc »

I have to say that Diend Complete form has got to be the ugliest, and laziest designed suit that has ever been made in Heisei toku history. They swapped out the arms and legs with the parts from Decade Complete and literally just stuck on cards onto the chest and face. Diend's belt buckle also suddenly changed into Decade's so that they could actually fit the K-touch in there. If anything they should have made his K-touch an extension or something for his gun.

Is G Den-O's design supposed to be a reference to toku metal heroes?
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

Kaiehc wrote:I have to say that Diend Complete form has got to be the ugliest, and laziest designed suit that has ever been made in Heisei toku history. They swapped out the arms and legs with the parts from Decade Complete and literally just stuck on cards onto the chest and face. Diend's belt buckle also suddenly changed into Decade's so that they could actually fit the K-touch in there. If anything they should have made his K-touch an extension or something for his gun.
But Diend's Belt was the same as Decade's belt when his K-Touch is placed inside, how did it "change"?

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”