Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Chou Den-O Trilogy 3: Episode Yellow released

Post by takenoko »

Kind of a fun story. Loved all the DiEnd pulling his DiEnd quirks on the Den-O cast. The best part was definitely when he pulls a DiEnd retreat on himself and he just has to laugh about and go "oh, that's me alright".

This was kind of the least strongest story for me because Reiji was kind of a convenient villain. He's a mindless follower of Eve until he gets his mom's letter. So because of the one line he said earlier about hating his mom, we learn that his entire deal is based on that. And because he turned a new leaf, he pulls the DiEnd Touch thing out of thin air. What seriously? This is the best justification given for DiEnd getting it? Why does Reiji have that? Couldn't they have given one line of explanation that DiEnd even knew it existed before that point?

Anyway, DiEnd Complete probably would have been cooler if it were the secondary Riders. I know DiEnd world is basically Blade Movie world, but DiEnd isn't a movie Rider so much as he's a secondary Rider to Decade. G3, Knight, Kaixa, Chalice, Ibuki, Gatack, Zeronos, IXA is like ten times more cooler than G4, Ryuga, the Faiz one, Glaive, Kabuki, Caucasus, Garo's dad, and Arc. Secondary Riders are always so cool. It was just an opportunity wasted

Back to Reiji, the ending was sweet, but he comes off as pretty hypocritical considering he's still going to hate his mom for like 20 years before he suddenly visits her out of the blue.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Chou Den-O Trilogy 3: Episode Yellow released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I did felt about the same way that you did about Episode Yellow, take. The action was the best out of the three but the story and characters themselves was a bit weak. DiEnd laughing at himself for his past self running away and stealing the golden gun was great. I know the Time Police Rider is called G Den-O but I prefer my unofficial name for him: DekaRider. I know Skull is cool and all but Accel would be the secondary Rider for W while G3-X should be in there as well. The DiEnd K-Touch is like everything else in Decade, it doesn't need a good explanation much like Ryoutarou still being a child.

Speaking of which, I'm glad that Airi finally mention that Ryoutarou was once big.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, Airi is funny like that. From Red we can assume she knows all about the time traveling stuff, but she's also giving him seaweed salads and going "you need nutrients to become an adult again" like it's no big deal

I would have preferred a bs explanation to none given at all. At least with Decade's K-touch we get that the explanation is the great treasure of the evil Riders. From the movie we learn that Decade was originally evil, so it makes sense that those guys were holding on to that item for him

DiEnd's K-touch is literally pulled out of nothing but storywise and in the movie. Maybe it's something that was cut but will be added back in the DC
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote:Why does Reiji have that? Couldn't they have given one line of explanation that DiEnd even knew it existed before that point?
He's a time police officer, what doesn't he have? :lol:
Plus these are the same set of movies that have Momotaros taking damage even though it's Ryoutarou's body (when he becomes Den-O) so, I doubt think any logic or sense was put in.
Back to Reiji, the ending was sweet, but he comes off as pretty hypocritical considering he's still going to hate his mom for like 20 years before he suddenly visits her out of the blue.
It's also possible this whole adventure could have split off the time line and there's now one where he doesn't grow up hating her.
Last edited by Go-On Macaroni on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Time Paradox for the win

By travelling back in time he caused the even to occur, which put Keiji onto him in the first place,

And then we get the other Paradox of the gun itself, while taking a bullet for himself caused himself to hold onto the gun thus causing the future gun to disappear as that time doesnt exisit, but then you have to think how did it all end up the way it does,

Oh the joys of time travel and the paradoxes they create, simple way out of this is to not think about it.

Ura possessing Daiki and using DiEnd suit was amusing, even slipping in DiEnds typical Invisible trick.

Two DiEnds, yeah, nuff said

DiEnd K-Touch, didnt quite understand where this came from, hopefully they explain in a DC if they release one, when it came to those Rider names, it took me a few attempts to get it right since they overlap each other, not to mention trying to work out the names of said Riders till you see the full line up later down the line, oh the fun of timing that,

I did enjoy this movie, I havent seen the others yet, so hopefully when I back track everything will be as good as this one is, wait, have I just created a time paradox of my own XD
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I remember someone made this picture of how they imagined DiEnd Complete would look. Seems to be based on the gun Riders. I still think secondary Riders fits in with his theme better
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I find it funny that the K Touch doesn't have a rider from Den-O movies, despite the fact there are almost more of them then all the other Hesei movies combined.

I did like G Den-O. It was nice to see an original rider, although the buckle sound before he transforms seems to be a rehash of Gaohs, the suit I like better than DiEnd complete personally.

Also, I like the use of Invisible. He used it like he should have during the show, instead of running away. Also, this movie seems to show what we are all thinking, either Daiki is the luckiest man alive, or he is one smart bastard.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Owner/Station Master battle FTW
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yeah. Using the tape measure from Red and the Spoons from Blue. Gives a sense of continuity?

Also, I loled at the thing with the pass. Did they actually search for it after every fight? And Kintaros carefully putting hit behind his back.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

That was something that always bugged me about the actual series. "Don't throw that away! You'll need it later you idiot!" I was slightly disappointed when they never did anything with that, so I was really gratified when someone at Toei apparently was thinking the same thing.
GekIDan
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Eri/Rika Sato
My boom: Yuriko Shiratori
Quote: "Saa Omae no Tsumi wo Kazoero!"

Post by GekIDan »

That's kinda unexpected considering I just finished downloaded Episode Blue...
Anyways, a little promotion plus fun facts about the movie. :)

http://www.jefusion.com/2010/12/tv-niho ... ubbed.html
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

This movie had potential but fell short for me. I wish there had been more development for Diend beyond the scoundrel-with-a-heart-of-gold stereotype. The movie was missing a transformative moment for me because the story ended with pretty much everything going back to the status quo. Reiji gains a new appreciation for his mother but that has little impact on the lives of the Den-O passengers and Diend. It doesn't seem fitting if this is last we will ever see of Diend.

The concept of an artificial Imajin was very provocative but it was sadly just a plot device.
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by Sloth MD »

I really do have to agree that Past Diend pulling off the classic Diend escape while Future Diend was like: "Ha. That's me alright." Was the best part of the film.

Though personally Reiji could have had a throw away line when he handed Diend his K-Touch like... "You're not the only one who steals treasures." Or "I can steal treasures too." or something. Just something that wasn't just like: "Oh by the way, I have this. I'm sure you can use it or something."

All and all.... this trilogy was fun. Red somewhat gave us some closure with Yuto's problems, Blue gave us some more time with Kotaro and Teddy, while Yellow just gave us another heist with Kaito.... though honestly it'd feel weird if they ended the whole Den-O series here. ...That's just my thought though.

Though.... it got me thinking......

Took long to start a thread, lost interest. - w-
KamenRiderTenshi
Adventure
Quote: My own Kamen Rider quote:

"The nature in this world is balance,
but it's unbalance when you exist in this world. HENSHIN!"

Post by KamenRiderTenshi »

Episode Yellow is very cool and amazing, I like it how DiEnd disguise himself as Naomi and DiEnd is one of my favorite Kamen Riders, because he's a thief with great skills to steal treasure. And I kind of agree too, how did Reiji get the DiEnd K-Touch? Well, for my thoughts about the K-Touch is just a theory, what I think how Reiji got the K-Touch is his G Den-O Pass, because he did type a code or something to get the item.

So in my theory, maybe Reiji can teleport items through time, if you think about it how did he took DiEnd and Momo and the others in the jail room.

And about the K-Touch, I kind of agree with takenoko about the Riders for DiEnd's K-Touch. But I do understand why the director or writing wanted those Riders. Those Riders were chosen because they only appeared in the movies, also you can they are Dark Riders, but I kind say a few them are, but the point is, those Riders in the movies have their reasons to fight, for example Ryuga, in the movie he had a reason for Ryuki to kill all the Riders in order to save the girl.

And here just a guess in the future, I'm sure everyone notice that DiEnd Complete Form has only 8 Rider Cards on his chest, so my guess is he's missing one more Rider, which is G Den-O, this just a guess, so please don't complain or remove is reply.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

G Den-O's transformation is totally cool. But I seem to have the opinion others here have. Great action, but the plot was weird, and DiEnd's K-Touch literally came out of nowhere. Some really funny stuff in this though, like Owner trying to escape from being arrested, and Momotaros looking at DiEnd Complete and saying "What the hell is that?"

It's a shame Sieg didn't make an appearance so that he could be thrown in jail too.

At first I was wondering how Kaitou followed them back in time at the beginning of the movie, given that they didn't take him on DenLiner. Then in the station he did the little hook thing from his gun so I just kind of assumed "Oh that's how he did it at the beginning too."

They never really gave a good explanation of why Reiji's mother abandoned him as a child, or why the father was hiding the letters from Reiji (I assume it was his father hiding them, at least). They kind of just glossed it over with "Well some stuff happened." Like...? I mean she even says herself "He probably hates me for being cold to him" and then never gives a reason for what she did. I dunno. I guess it ultimately isn't important but it would be nice to tell the audience (maybe in the DC along with the explanation for the K-Touch, or perhaps I'm being too optimistic).

I'm assuming the reason why there wasn't a Den-O Rider for DiEnd complete is because that would make it nine Riders, which doesn't exactly fit as evenly as eight did. That means one series had to be dropped to make it an even eight, and might as well drop Den-O because it'd be just a bit weird to summon a Rider that they'd be familiar with (though that could have made for a really amusing scene, "Hey what's that bastard doing here again?!" or something). Also I was happy to see Caucasus was holding a blue rose when he was summoned. Nice to see they remembered that.

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”