Unrefined-Nemesis
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Series
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: Kiva vs Kabuto

Post by Unrefined-Nemesis »

Blaze Dragon wrote:
Unrefined-Nemesis wrote:Didn't know that there were so many Kabuto fanboys just because he has clock-up doesn't mean jack shit when there is a Vs thread you guys should put the riders in the same situation and remove any balance issues such as in a way in which rider will overpower the other rider.
Err no...if we're thinking about a hypothetical fight between Riders, we want the Riders to go all-out. If we removed every single balance issue, then it wouldn't be a VS thread anymore, it'd be comparing a Rider to himself. As such, we'd search for every single power and what the other Rider could do to counter.

Plus, Clock Up is not one of Kabuto's powers, it's Kabuto's power. Thinking about Kabuto fighting without Clock Up is the same as thinking about Ryuki/Blade/Decade fighting without their cards, you're taking their main weapon away.

Let's see things in your way though, to make this post valuable. We take Kabuto's Clock Up away. That'd mean Kiva has a lot of advantage, as his main power, form changing, is still there. Now let's take THAT out, to balance. Now we have Kiva with only the Darkness Moon Break and Kabuto with his Rider Kick, weaponry AND far more intelligence. Therefore we're forced to take THAT away. And so on, to the point in which you haven't got Riders anymore.
Kabuto is way too balanced in every way.

His 2 main forms are already overpowered, Masked form is similar to Dogga form, Rider form is balanced to Kiva's base, Galulu and Bassha form since Kabuto's weapon is Versatile in every manner, Kiva can't excess his forms without his flutes, Kabuto can shot the freaking flutes off Kiva's hand each time he wants to form change. Kiva is weaponless in his based form, Kabuto has already the clear advantage for his rider form doesn't need to form change to get his own weapon like IXA. Kiva in every way is overpowered which clear as day to see who would win there would be a need to have them fight in a fair situation.

Seriously in a fight like this the obvious results goes like this without a fair situation:
Kivat III: This calls for Galulu *Takes flute and is about to insert when...*
Kabuto: Clock up
Kivat III: I lost the damn flute
Kabuto: Looking for this ?
Kiva: WTF !!
Kabuto: Mwahahahahaha !!!

Clock up isn't Kabuto's power, its a staple power since all riders in that series has it.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

Usually because the topic creators love Kabuto and are almost certain he'll win.
Nnnkingston
Salami Commander
Favorite series: W or Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Force or Geki
Favorite Band: Coldplay
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Filmmaking
Quote: "If you do not fight, you will not survive!" - from Ryuki

Post by Nnnkingston »

I finished watching Kiva about a two weeks ago and I'm now watching Kabuto.
I can honestly say that I thought Kiva was much more entertaining. Kiva's story really gripped me, and Kabuto seems to not be too great. Although, I will give Kabuto that Clock Up battles are really fun to watch, but I think the original Rider forms (preCast off) are useless really.
Animetigerlily
7X
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
My boom: Trip-hop

Post by Animetigerlily »

It's topics like these that made me dislike kabuto...

i liked kabuto as a series, but i really don't like it when all of the kabuto fanboys post silly threads like this so that they can gloat more about how kabuto is the best because of his clock up. I DON'T CARE. every rider is different and has different abilities suited for combating the enemies of their own world. They don't need to fight each other, or if you MUST have a "who would win" thread, leave the kabuto riders out of it, please.
rizefall
Swedish Meatball

Post by rizefall »

haha, like when people are like this. Claiming they know stuff about who is more powerfull.
I dont say just thinking what would happen is wrong, it's usally fun if you just keep it controlled. This is getting out of hand if you ask me. Rather lock it or just restart from scratch again.

Lemme try join the fun ;)

im not good at anything but lemme try sum this up.

Sonic the hedghog can run at a high speed. HE has been knocked out even when he is moving this fast. Shouldent that speed be the same kind of speed kabuto is using? Sure sonic can still run 100 mph but when he goes into those uber high speeds how does he react? As many of you says he does not slow down time, he gets faster so fast that for him it's slow and for the rest it's like he is faster then the sound. Same as Sonic.

Remember Kabuto episode 1? When he is in his first form. He does hit a worm out of clock up with not to much problem. Still i can agree that if you where in clock up how could u be able to get hit by something moving that slow? Maybe if your to eager to see that he has is fist facing ur way and u run right into it.

You can speculate how mas as you can. As if i would fight kabuto it feels like it should not be that hard getting he out of that speed. Going back to Sonic, Eggman/Robotnik uses their robot and sometimes stops them with a missile. But Sonic or even kabuto should just be able to just avoid it cause it's uber slow for them. But sometimes it seems like it's not.

And sometimes the POWER of the clock up changes.

When decade in Faiz accel fights the bee it's all still. The rocks does not move (only when being hit) and the worm there nor that little girl move at all. At the begining of the same episode the soldiers float in the air. Going back to the rocks you see their speed and how the rocks smashes. i do think those rocks getting smashed has higher speed then those bodies, so how come the rocks are still but not the soldiers?

Maybe you will think comparing Sonic's speed to Kabuto's is wrong. But why is it? Maybe the fact that Sonic is FAST! I feel it's more kabuto slow down time. Which in the end might be the same, but as always noone knows and it's open for speculation.

I would like to see Sonic/Shadow Vs Kabuto. Speed vs Slow down time. Sonics speed should be able to counter his slow down time, or let him just battle shadow which cant even die rofl ;o At least not by age... But i agree clock up is not a little bit OP, but a whole lot. The fact that he "slows down time" like i dont see that he is "fast" makes so that no one can hit him. As he is so "fast" that sometimes the enemy Kabuto is facing cant even move (I mentioned sometimes when stuff moves above ^)

ive been talking to much now so read, hate me and goodnight.
Last edited by rizefall on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Lady Luck is smilin"
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Nnnkingston wrote:I finished watching Kiva about a two weeks ago and I'm now watching Kabuto.
I can honestly say that I thought Kiva was much more entertaining. Kiva's story really gripped me, and Kabuto seems to not be too great. Although, I will give Kabuto that Clock Up battles are really fun to watch, but I think the original Rider forms (preCast off) are useless really.
Masked form isnt totally useless, its meant for extra protection and all, but overall its better to fight in Rider form.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Triple M
Destron Emperor
Favorite series: Destron
2nd Favorite Series: Destron
Dreamy: Destron
Favorite Actor?: Destron
Favorite Band: Destron
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Destron
Quote: *HAIL DESTRON*
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Triple M »

Kabuto
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

Masked Form is only useless because almost all of the opponents are agile types.
rizefall
Swedish Meatball

Post by rizefall »

Seems like i won, waahey!
"Lady Luck is smilin"
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I found that the plot of Kiva maintained itself for the whole season, unlike Kabuto and some other rider series that are just confusing towards the end. Kiva had a great ending, while Kabuto had an average one.

Not to mention, Kiva had a much better final battle than Kabuto.
rizefall
Swedish Meatball

Post by rizefall »

I'm the best, whoopidoooooooo!
"Lady Luck is smilin"
SiegeDragomon
Honey System
Favorite series: Stargate Atlantis
Dreamy: Azrael
Favorite Actor?: Yes I like Cheese
Favorite Band: HarkleFarkle
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by SiegeDragomon »

Kiva final battle
lets reuse the king from a couple episodes ago that we already killed

Kabuto final battle
We were betrayed by the natives, now we have to fight the most powerful native
Sometimes it's best to just go along with it and avoid the explosions, other times it's fun to be the one with the detonator and an evil laugh.
rizefall
Swedish Meatball

Post by rizefall »

Seems no one says no to my writing yet ;P
"Lady Luck is smilin"
Ruecian
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ruecian »

rizefall wrote:Seems no one says no to my writing yet ;P
Because nobody cares.
rizefall
Swedish Meatball

Post by rizefall »

Apperently somebody does as they made this thread in the first place ;)
"Lady Luck is smilin"

Return to “Kamen Rider Kiva”