Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Faiz
Dreamy: Yuuto
Favorite Actor?: Yuichi Nakamura
Favorite Band: AAA
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Everything Japanese!
Quote: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

DekaRanger 37 released

Post by ScatterBrain »

Previous: http://forums.tvnihon.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24085
Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/DekaRanger_37
Next: http://forums.tvnihon.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24098

:cry:
I know no ones probably gona post on here what with this series completed and all but jesus christ that episode really took me by surprise. Ive always thought sentai was more kid friendly compared to kamen rider (but then ive only seen shinkenger, gekiranger and bits of goonger and goseiger), but this is one of the most bleakest episodes Ive ever seen for any kind of "kids show". The good guy has to kill his girlfriends little brother, even though his evil intentions were only to try and save his sister, he does it pretty much infront of her and then we get a few minutes of her crying and holding his corpse. It ends with them meeting at the graveyard and the pair of them silently parting ways with him nearly in tears, not at all a happy ending. God children all over japan must have been balling their eyes out at this episode.
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, there is an idea and ideas are bulletproof!
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Re: 37 is sad

Post by Guardian07 »

You're talking about 'Hard-Boiled License', right? Yeah, that episode was sad :cry: . Got misty-eyed myself the first time I watched it. The word 'hard-boiled' really hits home.

My 8 and 6 year old sisters watched it on my laptop behind my back. More than sad, they were confused why DekaBlue and his girfriend split up, and I explained it to them. I'm not sure if they understood XP...

Old-school Sentai had these moments. It's the newer series that are more light-hearted.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
RangerZero
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Madman with a box

Post by RangerZero »

Honestly, having just finished watching Deka, this was probably my favorite episode of the series, just because it was such a mature story. Deka had a tendency to be a bit light hearted for the most part, but, when it got dark, my god did it get dark.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

RangerZero wrote:Honestly, having just finished watching Deka, this was probably my favorite episode of the series, just because it was such a mature story. Deka had a tendency to be a bit light hearted for the most part, but, when it got dark, my god did it get dark.
It was indeed mature, but I didn't think it was THAT dark. Compared to the early Heisei KR series, Dekaranger had some serious moments, but it really didn't seem to be extremely dark. Hardly any innocent lives were killed in Dekaranger.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: DekaRanger 37

Post by takenoko »

Even now, this many years later, this episode remains in my mind one of the biggest bummers from a Sentai series.

Return to “Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger”