Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Gosei 50 released

Post by Catastrophe »

I loved the random Headder combination to win. I was hoping they'd use all of them, but alas. Burajira is pretty boss. Survived a vertical cleaving to talk for another minute.

Also, I like the passing of the Red torch, it's gone back to the traditional one. I don't think many people liked the sword clash of last time.
TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Detective Conan

Post by TrueZero »

I'm glad to say I caught the end of this series, now I just really need to go catch up with what I missed overall, namely most of the Matrintis Arc.

Anyway, onto the finale.

I was really hoping they'd do a combination of the Brothers Headders onto Gosei Great, although I was expecting something more like Land-Sea Gosei Great or Sky-Land Gosei Great. Going for all three together was still pretty sweet though, especially the finisher, which was effectively a suicide attack when you think about it.

As for Burajira, definately a good villain for the final arc. Considering that he was like Dokoku to a degree in that, once he came to the front of events, he never actually lost a fight that he was directly participating in until the end. Now, this is comparing Burajira in his Gosei Angel form to Dokoku, not any of his Buredoran forms, they lost quite easily compared to when he was fighting properly.

Ah, they finally get wings. I'm guessing that they didn't use them like that earlier is maybe because they needed to earn them. Unless of course it was offscreen that they used them.

This is soon to be the fourth sentai that I've watched through to completion, once I finish the 30s off, it'll be completed. It was the first though in one respect in that it's the first sentai I kept up with from the start of its run. But that brings me to this list:

Magiranger: In Progress
Boukenger: Complete
Gekiranger: Complete
Go-onger: Tried, but couldn't finish, didn't really draw me in.
Shinkenger: Complete
Goseiger: Technically in progress. Will be completed soon.

Anyway, bring on Gokaiger! Pirate Sentai with Decade powers! This'll be interesting.
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
Yugure
Infinity
Favorite series: atm: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: atm: Goseiger
My boom: DnD and Japan
Quote: I'm not a know it all, I just know a lot

Post by Yugure »

Though I thought the battle in this episode was kinda lame, it was a petty nice finale.
I almost cried at the goodbye-moment between Nozomu and Alata, I always d at goodbye's...
The vampire looked at the heroes inside the house.
"I'll defeat you!" he yelled.
"Oh yea? Come and get us!" one of the heroes said.
Silence...
The vampire smiled
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Already watched the episode right before I went to bed earlier today. That the episode was released almost immediately after Gokaiger aired made me very happy.

I liked that they varied upon the traditional final role call again. The final battle with Burajira was very satisfying and the final attack was very Goseiger like.

One thing I was wondering, the bay Hyde returned to, is that where Magis fell? I really would have liked a final mention of Green, but I was uncertain whether that was one.

Storyline wise, I liked that Burajira's plan was wasn't averted or prevented, it had to be stopped after it went into the final phase of the plan.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

It was an adequate ending to an adequate series. While the characters and plot picked up steam in the final arc, it's hard to wipe away the fact that most of Goseiger left me feeling underwhelmed.

Specifically with this episode, I'm a little shocked by how much footage they reused from the previous episode. If they were going to show so much of those speeches again, it might have been better to end the previous episode on the cliffhanger of whether Alata would absorb his team's powers or not. Another criticism - Burajira's final moment was a little too similar to Juuzo's for my taste, from the sword being cut in half (Juuzo's first defeat) and the glowing red line from where he's been split head to toe and then disappears into black smoke (Juuzo's second defeat).

Trying to stay positive, the role call was nice. Even though it's become a tradition to do it (at least partially) out of suit, I wasn't expecting it the way it happened. And the farewells between Nozomu and Alata as well as Nozomu and GoseiKnight were very touching. It was nice to have a final acknowledgment of how important those friendships were.

I think it's actually a little disturbing that no one from Gosei World has wanted to stay on Earth before. Not even a single person? It was probably meant to emphasize how special these five Gosei Angels are, but instead it makes me suspect that there are more Angels like Burajira than the Goseigers.

So, not without its flaws, but I was happy to see it come to a reasonably satisfying close. (Although then they had to tack on that announcement and crush my hopes that we're done with Goseiger. But that will be a battle for another day.)
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

The ending was alright. Just the stupid card cop out, that magically seals the drills in their holes sucked. I wonder if that will be the plot for a team up. I really hate that the team totally forgot about the the ostrich weapon. There was no point in that toy at all.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

A thoroughly mediocre ending for a mediocre series. I kinda feel like Gosei was more like sentai-lite than actual sentai. The villains were standard, the attacks were nothing new, the characters were pretty 2 dimensional, and I never felt like they really had to struggle to defeat an enemy.

I'll admit I enjoyed parts, and GoseiKnight was awesome, but this series definitely ranks at the bottom of my list. Granted, it did have the misfortune to come after Shinken, so maybe if it was after Go-Onger people might have liked it more.
Yugure
Infinity
Favorite series: atm: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: atm: Goseiger
My boom: DnD and Japan
Quote: I'm not a know it all, I just know a lot

Post by Yugure »

I'm glad a lot of the rumors that were posted in the rumor tread didn't come true. I've just read it, and if some of those rumors would have come true, I would have liked Goseiger a lot less
The vampire looked at the heroes inside the house.
"I'll defeat you!" he yelled.
"Oh yea? Come and get us!" one of the heroes said.
Silence...
The vampire smiled
Nova
7X
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Nova »

First of all thank you TV-Nihon for again subbing a super sentai series!

Now that Goseiger has finshed I must say I didn't liked it that much. It was not that special, I think they could have done much more with the angel theme.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I feel Gosei is getting a hard wrap. It was tough following Shinkenger, which I think people found better due to the fact a lot of people hated Go Onger (I did actually like it, for the record).

Sure, all the unnecessary 'fill' type episodes were boring, but in what series are they exciting? Shinkenger had some really dull ones (Shinken Yellow doubt episodes for one thing). But when Goseiger had a climax episode, they generally did it well. The fight against Derupta, Mons Drake, the Yuma Beasts and Robogog were all very good in my opinion.

I think the main problem was that they tried to hard to use it as a marketing tool for Dice-O, wanting to cash in on the success of Ganbaride while it was fresh. The whole card thing was blatantly followed on from Decade, so there is a noticeable lack of originality in the gimmick department. Still, I liked it.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

This was a yet another good season of sentai. Though there was a lot of preaching and less action...the finale was quite alright. Since the season was based on the growth of the apprentices to full fledged angels and their journey of self discovery, it made a good viewing. The acting has considerably improved since the early episodes. :lol:

Thank you Tv Nihon for the wonderful subs! Looking forward to the next season! :D
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
CJExtreme9889
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Quote: It's time you returned that life to God!!!!!

Post by CJExtreme9889 »

Yea all the preaching practically made me sick to my stomach, but i just stuck through it anyway.

The two things I really like about this series tho were :
1.Gosei Knight-particularly when he first appeared
2.Alata's swordplay which i very much enjoyed down to the letter
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Lunagel wrote:A thoroughly mediocre ending for a mediocre series. I kinda feel like Gosei was more like sentai-lite than actual sentai. The villains were standard, the attacks were nothing new, the characters were pretty 2 dimensional, and I never felt like they really had to struggle to defeat an enemy.

I'll admit I enjoyed parts, and GoseiKnight was awesome, but this series definitely ranks at the bottom of my list.
This.
CJExtreme9889 wrote:2.Alata's swordplay which i very much enjoyed down to the letter
And this.

It had some very cool moments, but they were islands of excitement in a sea of blandness. The show was never epic...

The innovation with three completely different enemy armies and Burajira were also good ideas. But it also killed the good villains the show had, like Makuin, Dereputa and Alice.

Alata was a very good character, that was the "mother" of the group but also had his badass Red moments. Hyde also had his cool moments, but he never got the development needed to become a really great character. The other ones...

Also, while Knight was cool, the fact that he couldn't interact much outside the fights really limited his potential. They should've given him a human form even if they used camoumirage...

Nozomu was useless and boring. The fights (normal and mecha) were average and they won many times just with plot power ups.

They also never explored the gosei world, Burajira's past and other Gosei Angels, which was a total waste.

Goseiger is like Magiranger without the good characters and the comedy.

About the last episode:

They saved a lot for this episode. a new mecha form, wings for the other characters and Red dynamic. In fact, couldn't they just use their cards in Alata's sword so that he could use everybody's power withou killing them? The magical solution for the endo of the world was expected, but lame. Alata's goodbye to Nozomu was very... strange. And I really didn't feel that they really needed to stay to do what they needed to do. Can't they study, train and watch people from Gosei World? Master Head sure knew what was happening...

What I liked is the ammount of stuff from the ending they used in the episode and in the final ending.

Let's hope Goukaiger is as awesome as it seems to be.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

While I can understand why some might argue that this season caters more to kids, I disagree. I felt Goseiger lacked the youthful energy and imagination that resonates with little kids. That is something Go-Onger understood and injected into every episode.

I think I'll remember Goseiger as a transitional series. It looks like the Goseiger writers were struggling with how the keep the franchise fresh and interesting while still paying homage to the series before it. In the end, the show felt too familiar. This hampers attempts to surprise and entertain the audience because so much feels like a staple of super sentai.

Alata's speech about inexperience was weird. It didn't feel particularly insightful or thought-provoking.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

i thought the battle would never end burajira just kept coming back to life. how cheesy was that for saving the world i mean sprouting wings that's just cliche, i know they're angels and all but still. i knew they wouldn't want to go back to the tower of heaven it was so obvious. a good finale i'm not gonna say i'll miss goseiger but it was fun to watch onto the next sentai
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”