Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Re: Gokaiger 01 released

Post by Barim »

Azazel wrote:if using MPC-HC, make sure you are using the latest version,
If using in conjunction with CCCP, make sure you also update that,
Latest versions? Updates? Those exist for those? Never knew. I'll go look for them...

Let's see, current version says 6.4.9.0, how many newer versions does that mean there are?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

sounds like you have the original MPC, please note that this is not updated anymore, you will need to flick to new developers build http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

This is based on the same project that MPC is, but is developed to a more modern standard to support more features and better techniques, it is a better all round player and continues to keep that classic media player look.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

A newer version was in the installer for the Codec Pack, which seems to have also solved the problem I had with black screens. As in, randomly, after full screening back and forth I'd just have a black video, but no longer.

From the ending, I can see no more lag.

The current about shows - 2010, my last version showed - 2006. So it seems I was using a 4 year old build. Thanks for informing me.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

np, at least its fixed now, yay for software updates XD
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Ha... pretty interesting series. Definitely liking it better then Goseiger (no offense Goseiger fans). Dittos to the early Robot fight and Decade deja vu. BUT NOW WE MUST HAVE A DECADE vs GOKAIGER MOVIE!.... Oh! I like how these guys are kinda "taking" the powers of other sentais. Fits with the whole pirate theme. Also, it's probably just me but I did not initially imagine those henchmen/lackey things to be robots so I kinda found the whole "them getting sucked into a dump trunk" part disturbing. Also thought it was cool how MagiBlue was made into a guy uniform and MagiYellow with the traditional girl uniform skirt. It shows they aren't just taking out the old costumes. It'll be interest to see how they deal with the off colors, genders and numbers for other teams in future episodes. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to cry because my eyeballs hurt from skimming through 12 pages of comments.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
justiceknight
Quote: watshi wa seigi no senshi!!!

Post by justiceknight »

Gokiayellow and Gokaipink - awesome moves and attacks , also in the "Final Wave" Combination Attack, kinda cool how she waves her cutlass.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I didn't read it all so I may write things already written.

The show is very One Piecey. The OP theme and images reminds me of OP's OPs.

The characters too:

Red = Luffy
Blue = Zoro (except that Zoro is manlier)
Yellow = Nami
Green = Usopp
Pink = a mix of Vivi and Hancock

The first episode was AWESOME. Good fights, interesting characters, a bit of comedy, awesome fights and it pays the tribute the other sentai deserve. if they keep it up it might be even better than Shinken and Bouken.

They didn't save money in this 1st ep. And man they'll sell a lot of those form changing figures.

The "poke...sentai rap" at the ending was cool. I guess they'll have at least three endings.

The girls are cute, especially Luka.

About the episode itself:

Awesome 34 sentai fight. They must've used A LOT of suit actors...

Cool space battle with nice CG and mecha rider kick!

Come on Goukaigers, you're pirates. Steal your food!

I liked the villains. A lot going on and they seem to have personality. I liked the brattyness of the prince and their overall chemistry. The tutorr, the muscle and the female scientist

Curry scene was funny. I wonder if they're goint to keep this slapstick comedy in the show.

What a genre savvy teacher!

Parrying and shooting and then throwing the sword? Nice, red.

So they all have a saber anda flintlock pistol, but they exchange them.

Yellow used Kratos' sword!

Wtf garbage truck!

So, tehy can turn into rangers of the oppsite sex, but they use the right colthes. Blue had a male Magiranger vest and yellow a female one, while Magiblue was a girl and yellow a guy. The show is answering some questions really quickly.

I like how unreal their fighting poses look. very anime-esque.

Being badass and saying it was for the curry was cheap, but still awesome.
icecreamhendrix
Secretly a Robot in Disguise
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Megumi Asou
Favorite Band: The Jimi Hendrix Exp
My boom: Transformers
Quote: There's no time to waste! I must summon the Justice League to an emergency meeting! It may well take our combined powers to battle the awesome menace of Starro and its starfish-deputies! - Aquaman
Location: What's the point of this, everyone else just writes something snarky

Post by icecreamhendrix »

I liked this first episode fine, but there were a few problems with it

-The mecha had no buildup or introduction to it, and it's fight felt like a really rushed scene, like they tried to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.

-I can already tell from the first episode that Doc is going to annoy me.

-Marvelous and Joe seem like they have almost the exact same aloof I-don't-care too-cool-for-school I-just-wanna-get-mine personality. In the wrong hands, this kind of personality can get irritating fast. It seems like they succeeded with Marvelous, but failed with Joe, who just comes off like a rejected Final Fantasy hero.

-Not really a problem, but one question that popped up is "How is this going to be adapted into Power Rangers?"

That said, Marvelous seems pretty cool, and I can already tell I'm probably going to like Luka, but I've been wrong before.
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

^ Saban works pretty closely with Toei so that may be why PR Samurai is running for two seasons. This way they will have their pick of the seasons to adapt be it Gosei, Gokai, or whatever next year's sentai is. PR is actually pretty close to an anniversary itself. They may wait and somehow use Gokai for their own anniversary if the reboot with Samurai is popular enough. it would definitely fit in with their nostalgia thing.
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by HIDragonstar »

kyumie wrote:@HIDragonstar

It's more like.

Power Rangers Space Pirates :twisted:
*Twitch*
*Twitch*
*Twitch*

*Holds up a Cross*

Never Speak of Flighty Morphine Powder Strangers!

*Twitch*

My Nephew will watch the REAL DEAL! And all of it will be TV-Nihon Tokusatsu!
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Your elitism is un-welcome here. PR can be good, although a Gokaiger adaptation may prove troublesome due to the existence of all Sentai that pre-date Zyuranger not being used for PR.
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by HIDragonstar »

Catastrophe wrote:Your elitism is un-welcome here. PR can be good, although a Gokaiger adaptation may prove troublesome due to the existence of all Sentai that pre-date Zyuranger not being used for PR.
Did TV-Nihon get a bit laxer on their willingness to raz on people who equated Sentai to Power Rangers? I remember people getting it for calling the mecha "Zords", and Calling all of the Sentai by their PR names instead of the Sentai name. Does that mean we have free reign to call each of the Sentai's by their 'American Power Ranger Name' instead of the Sentai Name?

If we did, okay... its been discussed over and over about "Americanization", and I definitely don't support it. That is up to you, I have my view and you have your view. We agree to disagree.
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
Gokaifan
Go Go!
Favorite series: gokaiger
Dreamy: Doc
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Japan
Quote: Never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge.

I fight evil wherever it may be... except in dark, scary places.

Post by Gokaifan »

I loved the first episode. The characters seem very interesting to me.
I like Doc, it's fun to see him get hit all the time, I hope they'll keep that up.
Goseiger was a really great season, but I didn't like it when I started watching. Gokai however, had an awesome first episode, and it just seems a lot more interesting to me.
Also, I'm gonna LOVE the bratty prince. I always really like on of the badguys.

Coming to think of it: I also like seeing the heroes getting beaten up... Am I turning evil or something? :twisted:
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

lonegamer7 wrote:I take it then "Hakase" can be translated both as "Doctor" and "Professor"
According to my source, Hakase can either mean a Ph.D. or the person who has one. Having been taught in high school by someone with a Ph.D. in music (and considering the aforementioned resemblance to Colin Baker), Doc is a fine translation.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote:Your elitism is un-welcome here.
I dunno, this is more uncalled for than the guy making fun of Power Rangers in a silly way. You're basically just calling him an elitist because he has a different opinion than you. Not everyone likes Power Rangers

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”