< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Re: Goseiger vs Shinkenger

Post by FangTrigger »

No matter who wears it, Black and Red make one hell of a color combination!

I liked the movie as a whole, but I do (like always) have some problems with it:
1) DaiGoyo met up with the Goesigers before. They could've had that added in the movie
Spoiler
Kinda makes you think that we might see Daigoyo in the Shinken/Gokai episode

2) Hyper Gosei Ground was not what I expected it to be. Did like the added Gosei Knight head, but still.
3) I feel like we were ripped off when Shitari (Squid Guy) and his black robed monsters got killed by the Gokaigers. I kninda wanted him to have a bigger role in this, even though he already gave his second life to one of the Gendoushu in the show.

A MAJOR thing that got me laughing was the Fourth wall break when Captain Marvelous said, "Looks like this is a movie. Lets make it more showy than usual!" I couldn't help but smile.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

FangTrigger wrote:A MAJOR thing that got me laughing was the Fourth wall break when Captain Marvelous said, "Looks like this is a movie. Lets make it more showy than usual!" I couldn't help but smile.
Psht, Captian Marvelous is to awesome to abide by 4th wall rules.
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

atilim wrote:
Seems weird that Buredoran has yet another form. I wonder when this is taking place. I guess it's before the last episode of the series since the Tower of Heaven isn't back
I wonder how he got this power, because it does seem like he had the real power and not just a illusion.
A fallen angel probably falls under one's Gedou-phase right?
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

Bad-Ass movie! The fights were amazing and the humour was just right! ShinkenRed vs. GoseiRed was cool. I kinda expected to see Kaoru transformed but oh well.

Also, the Gokaigers were funny :)
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Sloth MD wrote:
shadowneko003 wrote:I like the line the monster said about the cluster mecha. "What is that monstrosity?!"
If I recall wasn't there a similar situation in Goseiger?
It's a shout out to Dereputa, right before he fought Hyper Goseigreat.
Hyper GoseiGreat! Kourin!
Dereputa: Nanda kono bakemono wa?! *fires at the robot*
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

A fallen angel probably falls under one's Gedou-phase right?
If by going with logic yes, a fallen angel would be a Gedou but that doesn't really give that part a backstory now does it. Buredoran already underwent his change when he time travelled so why he changed again is kind of weird.

And He got the power of Doukoku, I hope they put it in a flash back with a DC or something because a guy that should have been dead comes back with a new power.

And he is still the coolest bad guy I've seen, he actually makes good plans and now just throws out a monster every week and hopes for the best.
Only reason he loses is because he is fighting against a sentai team and sentai teams always need to win.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

They don't make Versus DC cuts.
Gokaifan
Go Go!
Favorite series: gokaiger
Dreamy: Doc
My boom: Japan
Quote: Never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge.

I fight evil wherever it may be... except in dark, scary places.

Post by Gokaifan »

FangTrigger wrote:A MAJOR thing that got me laughing was the Fourth wall break when Captain Marvelous said, "Looks like this is a movie. Lets make it more showy than usual!" I couldn't help but smile.
I couldn't help but laugh too at that point :lol:
atilim wrote:
And he is still the coolest bad guy I've seen, he actually makes good plans and now just throws out a monster every week and hopes for the best.
Only reason he loses is because he is fighting against a sentai team and sentai teams always need to win.
Agree, Buredoran was awesome
And indeed, if sentai didn't HAD to win every battle, they would have been DESTROYED *MUHAHAHAHA* :twisted: (sorry, had a I love bad-guys/why does good always have to win moment :oops: )
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I don't see how they intend to incorporate DaiGoyou into the next VS movie because he has to travel with Genta. I think it would make more sense to have a mascot from one of the featured teams stumble across the new team's cameo. Either Datas or Navi could stumble across the new team in Gosei VS Shinken.

I was a little disappointed that the mecha battle ended with Ground Hyper Gosei Great. With VS movies, I always look forward to seeing the creative ideas on how to incorporate mecha from both teams into one finisher. This felt uninspired.

At first, I was expecting Moune to be paired up with Chiaki because her roll call is related to plants. Instead, Moune works with Kotoha since they are the yellows of both teams.

I really hope that the red versus red fights don't become the focus of future VS movies. It has a tendency to dominate the storyline and with certain team ups, it isn't convincing.
Pyche
Gao
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
My boom: sonic
Instagram: @pyche_art

Post by Pyche »

The placing seems to be firmly between the Yuumaju and the Matorintis arcs, based on Alata's comments and the clones Buredoran used to aid him.
This ^^^^

Gokaiger felt weird and out of place. Didn't work for how they set up their season. But it was neat to see that before hand they had a lot of things set up, like sword user, pistol user, "more flashy". but definitely seemed unnecessary. But it IS nice to see that they did remember them from the last crossover. weird they didn't have their theme play like gosei had in the last one.

And having the finishing moves was awesome. Hearing Marvelous say "Kankan mantan gun" and "Go On!!" made me smile.

But Doc should've said "Psych", not "Psyche" and not my username either. Just a nit pick.

I'll miss the shinkengers too. but...
About 1999 heroes movie
Spoiler
It does seems like we'll see Chiaki and Genta in the 199 heroes movie

I agree, the rollcall scene seemed very "movie" and less "vs movie". I really enjoyed how it was different in Shinkenger vs Go-onger. It seemed too plain. Kaoru was a nice touch. That seemed like going a little extra mile. And I agree that this time everyone gets a bit more screen time than the last Vs. It balanced out nicer. I think Saki and Hanto got screwed for screen time in the last one.
Last edited by takenoko on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Label your spoiler tags
clonex25
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Maskman
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
My boom: mecha design
Quote: "Never explain yourself"

Post by clonex25 »

Arigomi wrote:I don't see how they intend to incorporate DaiGoyou into the next VS movie because he has to travel with Genta. I think it would make more sense to have a mascot from one of the featured teams stumble across the new team's cameo. Either Datas or Navi could stumble across the new team in Gosei VS Shinken.
About the 199 heroes movie:
Spoiler
As far as the early picture releases are concerned, Genta will be in the Gokaiger Goseiger 199 Hero movie along with Chiaki, so there is a possibility that DaiGoYou will be there. But having this released before the next Super Sentai series is announced, there would be no encounter whatsoever (unless TOEI already had come up with a new set and conceptualized the hero suit and the weapons at least.

Before I go off-topic all the way:

I like this teamup movie. Although it doesn't give me the feel that I have in the Shinken vs Go-on movie, I'm happy with it.

Shinkenger owerpowering Goseiger: Hmm... expected, but not that obvious at all. The scriptwriters made their efforts to make it balanced and still making it a Goseiger movie (the Shinkenger powerup for example).

Buredoran in Gedou form: I think there's no need for an explanation how he survived and transformed to a Gedou (the timeline maybe between his defeat as a Yuumajuu and the Yuumajuu's downfall, since Goseigers don't have Gosei Ultimate yet) judging by his true form Burajira. Let's just say he's pretending to be dead...

The theme "As long as you never give up, it will surely work." The perfect Goseiger movie theme. That sorta works...

Gedou ShinkenRed: Badass!!!

Gedou ShinkenRed vs GoseiRed: Now that's what you call a REAL VS!!! Hehehe...

Gokaiger cameo: How did Captain Marvelous/GokaiRed feel that "This is a movie."? Is he the producer or something???

The line "Well, these are pirated.": KEWWWWWL!!!

The line "What is that monstrosity?": It really is a monstrosity. Looks like TOEI and PLEX ran out of at least good ideas to incorporate into the movie. I was imagining the OriGami changing into Headders by a Tensou card that is activated by the Mojikara for "head" or something, but they just come up with a new weird mecha combo....

Well that's it. Happy Easter guys!!!

EDIT: NIce ending, BTW.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

This is not talk about the 199 Hero Movie. Let's just stick to the real topic of the thread only.
evel333
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTP Architect

Post by evel333 »

If this whole successor-series-crashes-the-VS-movie becomes standard, I'm thinking there will no longer have intro plots were the henshin powers are earned, learned, or found. (eg Magiranger) All the subsequent teams would have to be pre-formed before their respective series starts.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I think I should point out that with a few exceptions, VS movies are alternate reality. Like in Go-Onger VS Gekiranger how they used G12 to fight Yogostein, despite the fact that they didn't get G12 until after Yogostein had already been destroyed.

With that said, the movie definitely takes place before the Yuuma Beasts were defeated (since they didn't have Gosei Ultimate as far as we know) but after Chupacabra no Buredoran was defeated. It can't take place at the end of the series, because the Tower of Heaven was rebuilt at the end of Goseiger, and it was still destroyed in this movie.

I don't think this has any continuity with Shinken VS Go-On. The reason I say that is Shitari saw the Goseiger in that movie, and didn't have his memories wiped...and he doesn't recognize them in this one (he even mentions "Who are these strange people?" at the beginning of this movie). DaiGoyou didn't seem to recognize them either, although I don't remember if his memories got wiped or not. While Alata seems to know about the Shinkenger, it just seems like they've heard about them in passing or something. At any rate, Shitari not remembering them definitely means it doesn't take place in the same continuity.

I'm also surprised they managed to go the whole movie without Nozomu or the Professor appearing at all. I'm also a bit disappointed Kaoru didn't turn into ShinkenRed and fight with Alata against Takeru...but I'm guessing they did that so there wouldn't be two ShinkenReds fighting at the same time. She did play a significant role in the plot (which is good, and it's also good she was there instead of her just being forgotten), but I wish she'd actually fought. Ah well.

Finally, about Gokaiger...they really were only there to promote the new series. It can't be a canonical appearance because it was their first time visiting Earth in the first episode of Gokaiger, and it can't take place after that because well, all the Sentai's powers are gone at that point. The only way for it to make any sense would be to claim that the Super Sentai War takes place before Goseiger begins or something and that just doesn't seem likely (especially since GoseiKnight didn't wake up until after Goseiger began, and he's in the Super Sentai War).

Given Marvelous breaking the fourth wall and saying "This looks like a movie!" it's probably best to take the words of Mystery Science Theater 3000 to heart: "Repeat to yourself it's just a show, you should really just relax." Again, VS movies seem to take place in their own little bubble world outside of continuity.

Anyway this post is way the hell too long as it is, so I'll just sum it up and say it was pretty great. Overall I don't think I liked it as much as other VS movies, but Takeru being evil was awesome, and the fight scenes in this one are better than they have been in other VS movies I've seen.
clonex25
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
My boom: mecha design
Quote: "Never explain yourself"

Post by clonex25 »

I forgot about Kaoru's appearance. Thank God she re-appeared in the movie. I am also one of the may fans who wished she transformed. I still like the fact that she came back with a purpose, not letting the Goseiger theme "die out over the Shinkenger fad" by transferring Mojikara into the Gosei card (hehehe....)

That's all. Happy Easter everyone!!!
Last edited by takenoko on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't use unnecessary spoiler tags

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”