PRJF / Juken Sentai Gekiranger

Forum for any member who isn't in the NoPowerRangers group. Talk about Americanized shows like Power Rangers and Dragon Knight here.
rizefall
Swedish Meatball
Alignment: Neutral Good

PRJF / Juken Sentai Gekiranger

Post by rizefall »

Without making this into a PR vs SS thread i was just wondering which one is the most worth to watch?
Looking around a little, reading etc i can't decide which route to take. I even noticed JF has 3 additonal "rangers" (if they are even called that) which does not exist in the "original" which to me sounds very cool.

Which do you think i should see?
"Lady Luck is smilin"
Ryuki911
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Actor?: Suzuki Shogo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cocoa Otoko
Quote: You can't see the rainbow if you don't live through the rain

Re: PRJF / Juken Sentai Gekiranger

Post by Ryuki911 »

To be honest its mostly up to personal preference. It always easier to enjoy the show when you can connect with the characters. JF's cast is the common personalities you will find in most other PR series and Geki has some..... well interesting personalities to say the least.

As a PR and Sentai fan I'd probably say Gekiranger because the JF plot always felt really dry for me. The character interaction in Geki is also a lot more interesting than the one's in JF. And trying not to spoil anything, but I personally always felt that JF tried too hard with trying to make itself distinct, not only from its own Sentai counterpart but from its own PR predecessors as well.
rizefall
Swedish Meatball
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by rizefall »

Sweet thank you!
"Lady Luck is smilin"
Alara Moonrunner
Gabu
Favorite Band: Depends on the day
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Music

Post by Alara Moonrunner »

I've seen the first few episodes of JF and it pales in comparison to Geki, some of the actions in JF were not explained in the show like they were in Geki. Also, in JF they mention about the poison but unlike Geki, red never has a chance of dying; in fact it's treated more like a case of the flu than poison.
slyther2rao
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: All of them
2nd Favorite Series: As above.
Dreamy: Mako from Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Miyauchi
Favorite Band: AKFG
My boom: American Comic books
Quote: Rangers together, Samurai forever!

Post by slyther2rao »

I think personally compared to prior Disney entries, Jungle Fury did pretty well and was one of my (still is) as personal favorite. Compared to Gekiranger it will pail in comparison but Part of that I would say is down to Someone deciding to reduce the episode count to 32 meaning a lost from what I have seen so far in JF is rushed/cut and not enough time to breathe, pace itself. Overall not a bad Adaptation but like I said, the original version has more time to tell its story

Return to “Americanized stuff”