< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Gokaiger 17 released

Post by Silent_X »

Gai having a daydream like that kind of reminded me of "That 70's Show" and they way they acted in it reminded me of Goseiger.

Also the only thing I'm not really liking about Gai is that he is sort of clashing with Don.
He forgot him in the daydream and then blocked his attack on the MOTW. Plus he's kind of pushing Don out of the comedic relief role.
Although they're approaching it from different direction(Gai is really over the top while Don just acts strange), so I don't think there should be a conflict there.
archer9234 wrote:

But the gokaigers have those two already.
Yes, but they didn't have Abarekiller, someone else thought they did and I suggested they might have mixed him up with one of those two.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

I'm just here to say my favorite bit. Gai looking up to the GokaiGalleon and yelling "OH MY GAWD!!!"
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
Biogirl
Go Go!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider...Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Yamamoto Yusuke
Favorite Band: Funky Monkey Babys
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Otoko nara darekano tameni tsuyoku nare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5OlXS8IzI

Post by Biogirl »

I am pretty sure that Gai is more hyper than Genta. Energetic to the point of irritating. I hope he tones it down a little after his introduction.

The Joe in Gai's mind terrifies me. I never want to see that again.

I am a little worried about how they are going to differentiate Gai and Don. They are both the goofy, poor fashion sense type character. But I am convinced that there is a big revelation about Don coming. They've been ignoring his back story and downplaying his role for a while. Gai forgetting him is just another example. If there's nothing there then the writers must really hate the actor or something.
Tokusatsu kotatsu party!
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I'm hoping Don has no backstory at all. Just to subvert people's hopes that he's some secret badass. Maybe he's Ahim's manservant or something, they seem like a discrete unit already.
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

F*** you, movie. Seriously. F*** you.

Gai is clearly the sentai fanboy (probably raised on Go-Onger if the dream sequence is any indication), yet he Rider Kicks a Goumin and I believe he quotes Den-O. Clearly someone's priorities are mixed up :P

It's also good to see Giru do something legitimately clever and evil. Did he take a level of Mastermind during the movie? (Again, f*** you, movie.)

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I may have watched 3 episodes of Power Rangers total in my life before Gokaiger. That being said, I think part of me died watching Doc be Tommy.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
er_force
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by er_force »

Netto no Zen-Aki wrote: For those wondering, like me, I paused the screen to see what helmets were who:
Call: GoseiKnight
Menu: GokaiSilver
End Call: KibaRanger
1: BoukenSilver
2: DragonRanger
3: MegaSilver
4: KingRanger
5: Go-On Wings *Silver and Gold are there*
6: ShinkenGold
7: Shurikenger
8: AbareKiller
9: MagiShine
*: GaoSilver
0: TimeFire
#: DekaBreak
CSToys youtube channel has review of this "gokai cellular toy":
Part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDQrvDlTd8Q
Part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNeB2BhTrr0
Dalesworth
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
My boom: Ultimate X

Post by Dalesworth »

Why wouldn't you want Don to have a backstory? I think he could potentially by the most interesting of the main group.

Personally, I loved this episode, but I don't really like the super happy and quirky 6th members like Gentai and Gai. I have no idea what the 6th Goseiger was like because I just couldn't watch that series no matter how hard I tried.

Gai as GokaiSilver on the other hand is totally amazing. I love his fighting style with his weapon, though I wish he didn't talk so much. Other than that, the only thing I don't like about him is his henshin device and that weird block on the back of his helmet.

Also, I don't if it's ever been done like this in past Super Sentai/Power Ranger incarnations. But the characters Antonio Garcia, PR:Samurai's Gold Ranger, and Gai Ikari, obviously GokaiSilver, seem to dress a lot alike. Maybe it's just coincidence with this episode, or perhaps it could be a subtle nod to PR. I've heard that's happened in the past.

Antonio Garcia

Gai Ikari

It might be a little hard to tell in these pics, but I almost thought they were supposed to be the same person for a split second.
Kamen Rider Birca
Favorite series: Shinkenger, Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz,000,Go-Onger
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: I'm just a passing through Kamen Rider...

Post by Kamen Rider Birca »

Lyra wrote:
Spoiler
Luka mentioned 11 Grand Powers? that means they will get more in the movie than just Goseiger, right? for as far as I can remember they've got; MagiRanger, DekaRanger, GaoRanger, Shinkenger and GekiRanger (not sure if you can count the episodes with CarRanger and J.A.Q.K as Grand Power episodes :? )
Wait a minute.... (re watches entire series to this point) What episode features a JAKQ grand power?
The easygoing dreamer! I'm Engine Birca
Flare Phoenix
7X

Post by Flare Phoenix »

Kamen Rider Birca wrote:
Lyra wrote:
Spoiler
Luka mentioned 11 Grand Powers? that means they will get more in the movie than just Goseiger, right? for as far as I can remember they've got; MagiRanger, DekaRanger, GaoRanger, Shinkenger and GekiRanger (not sure if you can count the episodes with CarRanger and J.A.Q.K as Grand Power episodes :? )
Wait a minute.... (re watches entire series to this point) What episode features a JAKQ grand power?
Some people believe episode 10 is the J.A.K.Q Grand Power episode because they all transformed into J.A.K.Q and used their finishing weapon. They seem to be ignoring the fact the Gokaigers did not meet up with anyone from J.A.K.Q nor was it mentioned they got the J.A.K.Q Grand Power.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Look out, its the high-up gan gan gingin giroman!

I get the anchor theme, but really, that pose again? You only get to do that pose if you can jump good and score with a catgirl!

Well, he's easily the sixth best silver ranger I've ever seen. That said, if they didn't let him kill the boss, his track record would be the same as that kid from the second episode.

Is there a copy human...I mean an amazing silver man near you?

This spoiler's totally killer, dudes:
Spoiler
Its a g-g-g-g-ghost!!!!!!!!
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Dalesworth wrote:Why wouldn't you want Don to have a backstory? I think he could potentially by the most interesting of the main group.
Because a bunch of people have it up their asses that his utter lack of one to this point means it's got to be really awesome and satisfying for them to delay it so long.

Marvelous: hand-recruited by AkaRed to gather the Ranger Keys and obtain the ultimate treasure; the apogee of confidence
Joe: former Zangyack special forces who bailed due to moral conflicts; knows the enemy
Yuka: avarice-obsessed thief; rolls natural 20s, has special rule Favoured Enemy: Goumin
Ahim: last survivor of her entire world; keeps the crew civilized
Don: wears plaid; cooks sausages, gropes himself

I don't think he needs anything more than that. He's certainly not some secret badass. He's Don.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

dancercotillion wrote:
Dalesworth wrote:Why wouldn't you want Don to have a backstory? I think he could potentially by the most interesting of the main group.
Because a bunch of people have it up their asses that his utter lack of one to this point means it's got to be really awesome and satisfying for them to delay it so long.

Marvelous: hand-recruited by AkaRed to gather the Ranger Keys and obtain the ultimate treasure; the apogee of confidence
Joe: former Zangyack special forces who bailed due to moral conflicts; knows the enemy
Yuka: avarice-obsessed thief; rolls natural 20s, has special rule Favoured Enemy: Goumin
Ahim: last survivor of her entire world; keeps the crew civilized
Don: wears plaid; cooks sausages, gropes himself

I don't think he needs anything more than that. He's certainly not some secret badass. He's Don.
Yeah well wait till we find out Darth Vadar is Don's father... Wait wouldn't that be the the emporer of Zangyack? Then that means Oiles Gil is his half-brother. OMG don't kiss the spoiled prince Don!

... .... Sorry the jolly old saint made me say it.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Joe_Mello wrote:
Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I may have watched 3 episodes of Power Rangers total in my life before Gokaiger. That being said, I think part of me died watching Doc be Tommy.

Doc isn't being Tommy... Doc isn't being even Burai. He's just wearing a suit. Doc is Doc. No matter what you put him in.
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

Am I the only one who thinks that Gai's nose is very distracting?

He would be a better cast member when someone decides to make a live-action B-Daman series.
Seriously, it looks like you can fit some marbles in them. :lol:
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

Gai is goofier than Don, can't wait to see the two of them do something funny

I think GokaiSilver's design looks cool, the black color of his helmet is apparently a bandana

Also, his [preview spoiler]
Spoiler
Mecha is a Robot Dinosaur Drill, so it's awesome

Also Damarasu (I think that's his name), seems to disagree with Waruzu Giru treatment of the Action Commander, possible betrayal in the future?
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”