Souchaku! No wait...
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Goseiger Returns released

Post by ViRGE »

Silent_X wrote:I have a question though: Is there a reason why the actress/manager lady looked a lot like Eri? With the ears and hair?
Am I just seeing things?
I had the same thought. They're not related, but by god the resemblance is uncanny.

As for the movie itself, it gets a meh out of 10. The endless optimism of the Goseiger really wears me down.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Did Toei again use the same actor for two roles, or perhaps Yumeko's actress is a sister to Eri's. They looked so similar...

The Biibi as a final remnant was very fitting, in a way showing the "slaves" actually had an identity as well.

I like how it kept deconstruction and reconstructing the need for secret identities.

Still, more like an ending than the Shinkenger one, just sad there was no trailer or short epilogue to the Great War, could have fit...
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

lovely. I missed the entire year of Goseiger and only watched partially random episodes on them this year. But this movie really give a lovely looks at the Gosei Angels! they are gorgeous indeed .... :mrgreen:

the story is somewhat not bad either.
BrandXLacky
Gao
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Godzilla

Post by BrandXLacky »

Lunagel wrote: Of course, the question resonating throughout the room while this was playing: "How the hell does the Memory card work?" It seems like it only works on people's memories, but that just means that at the end, there's a couple million people running around with Goseiger merchandise, internet forums filled with talk about the Goseigers, archival footage of the Goseigers, etc. There's no way that someone's not going to notice all this information floating around. Not to mention that Nozomu got like 5 love letters while he was popular, surely those girls are going to notice a sudden boyfriend.

I'm probably over analyzing, but it just bugs me that they wouldn't mention all this stuff.
This has been driving me nuts too trying to figure that one out.
lilaznmnkee
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: you have mistaken me for someone who cares about your opinion.

Post by lilaznmnkee »

OMG they said all the names in the beginning except Aguri
neonblue2
Gabu
Favorite series: A lot
My boom: Kitties!

Post by neonblue2 »

Silent_X wrote:I have a question though: Is there a reason why the actress/manager lady looked a lot like Eri? With the ears and hair?
ViRGE wrote:I had the same thought. They're not related, but by god the resemblance is uncanny.
Barim wrote:Did Toei again use the same actor for two roles, or perhaps Yumeko's actress is a sister to Eri's. They looked so similar...
Yumeko was played by Iwasa Mayuko. For those who've watched TV-Nihon's Densha Otoko subs you might remember her as the girl who scammed Yamada's friend (Guitar Otoko). She's the actress I mentioned earlier as having jumped from Hana Kimi into toku.

I was also confused for a time by Yumeko. She definitely looked like Eri but she sounded like someone else familiar to me.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Poor Jirou always gets the bad guy part...

LOL@ Arata becoming popular with the girls. Lol @ Knight and Eri before the giant fight.

It should be Bibi Queen, since they were in a hive. Well the idol plot was ok, but the people turned against them too quickly. But it was just 40 minutes, they didn't have much time. in the end, another bland Goseiger movie.

The big problem was: they started mentioning the zangyack and stuff. Now, we know all sentai are in the same universe, but most of the time they don't seem to be known by the public. But in Gokaiger they are. And that makes people being surprised about the goseigers weird. Yes, I'm overthinking it.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

m4rc0 wrote:Poor Jirou always gets the bad guy part...

LOL@ Arata becoming popular with the girls. Lol @ Knight and Eri before the giant fight.

It should be Bibi Queen, since they were in a hive. Well the idol plot was ok, but the people turned against them too quickly. But it was just 40 minutes, they didn't have much time. in the end, another bland Goseiger movie.

The big problem was: they started mentioning the zangyack and stuff. Now, we know all sentai are in the same universe, but most of the time they don't seem to be known by the public. But in Gokaiger they are. And that makes people being surprised about the goseigers weird. Yes, I'm overthinking it.
If one think power rangers made better than super sentai(not intend to start a flame war just stating a fact) that its how each series connected and how people know about existence of power rangers. I am also suprised how people in this movie suprised when there should be 30+ super sentai already worked over years to protect world not to mention all of those were in Japan.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

It was enjoyable, it served as a nice wrap-up for the series. Infact I enjoyed this alot more than most episodes of the series this seemed alot better written and directed, wasn't to impressed with the monster I was kinda hoping Brajira had left a back up plan just in-case of his defeat. The Shinken special felt more like a look into the hidden parts of the Shinkenger's psyche, where this comes off as a straight forward ending which was nice to see, but I never came away from the the Gosei final wanting to know how they were living their lives, though maybe cause I didn't have a strong emotional bond with Goseiger's as opposed to Shinkerngers.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Xhiro
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Xhiro »

hi guys,
goseiger returns are available via torents,
however i can't find them in the direct download section..
maybe i'm mistaken for another name e.g. movie or something?
your help is much appreciated sirs, thank you.. :)
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's under Last Epic.
Xhiro
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Xhiro »

goseiger returns = last epic movie, is it correct?
so it's not in the HD direct download yet?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

We said it multiple times that there's no HD version of it because it was DVD only. There's no Blu-Ray of it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Bumping to say Goseiger is underrated and you should watch it if you haven't.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Maybe it's just the kinda shite quality of sentai recently but I actually enjoyed this more the second time around. Alata isn't as annoying as I remember him (or possibly just not as bad as Takaharu and Lucky) and for the most part the cast works pretty well together. Still wanna punch Datas but eh, could be worse.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”