Wiki Link

< DaiRanger | MegaRanger | TimeRanger >
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

MegaRanger 22 Released

Post by jonty »

Hey! Remember when we did this show?

Seriously, though, it feels good to release another episode of MegaRanger. Unfortunately, a combination of several factors cause MegaRanger to have a release schedule that's not as rapid as we'd like.

But enough of the excuses. This time, on MegaRanger: "Escape! The Devil's Labyrinth." Watch as Miku and Shun attempt to, you know, do the thing that's in the episode title.

Spoiler
Pretty basic episode, but fun nonetheless. What I like about MegaRanger is that the relationships between the (high-school-aged) characters read as relatively genuine. I personally think the Chisato-Kouichirou pairing is more entertaining because of Kouichirou's over-sincerity and Chisato's knowing, slightly teasing attitude. But Miku-Shun is fun to watch because Shun's easygoing straightforwardness plays well off of Miku's not-quite-ditzy cuteness. (Of course, Kenta is so ridiculous he's fun to watch by himself.)

Typesetter's note:
You may have noticed near the end of the episode when Miku looks at Shun's fortune telling him that Red would be his lucky color, her screen actually says "Pisces" even though Shun is a Virgo. It appears that the original graphic artist for the show reused the screen they made for Miku's fortune earlier in the episode. Whoops! We kept it as "Pisces" for our sub, of course.

Side note: Kenta's outfit at the end is ridiculous.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: MegaRanger 22 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I swear the Galaxy Robo fights are so violent compared to the other giant fights in the past. The previous episode had low blow shots and ripping off wings and this one had punches while the monster was down. That computer that Miku had is sure is waterproof. I would thought back then that computer would be fried when it went into the ocean.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Nice to see another MegaRanger again, it has been so long since the last release.

It is a nice episode showing off how childish Miku can be, but still strong and reliable. Where can I buy myself a computer that can take a plunge in the sea and still work as if nothing happened. The running gag with the family at the dinning table was funny. "Shun get it through your head Miku is trying to ask you out on a date." Or he should just tell her he is not interested.

On a more interesting note. The blue and red ranger changed pilot seats in the galaxy mega. Did something similar happen before? I can't really remember. It has been about a year and a half since MegaRanger 21 was released.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I was a little surprised when that truck diver basically died in a ball of fire. Man, they weren't pulling their punches back in the day.

Plus almost kissing in a children's show! Nice

Was the second ending already introduced in the last batch? In any case, it's summer, so let's all bon dance?
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

I took a look, but 21 also had the new ending while 20 still had the first one. The first ending is better though.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Bomb Dancing is the ultimate sentai summer song. I like Ki No Sei Kana more, but this is pretty good too.
Perhaps this episode only showed Kenta, Kouichirou and Chisato out of suit for just a few seconds, but that means it gave the writers extra time to develop the relationship between Shun and Miku. And they did that really well in my opinion. Miku still remains one of my favourite sentai pinks, so this episode was very enjoyable.
Behold the Emperor!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Kamen Rider MegaBlue to the rescue!

Fun episode, for reasons that have already been eloquently stated. One of my favorites so far.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kamen Rider MegaBlue?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think she is referring to the scene when Shun rides to Miku's rescue on a motorbike.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

I want a late 90's Japanese laptop like Miku had, that thing survived being ocean water for an extended period of time & was still functioning at the end of the episode. Nice to have some Megaranger back. :D
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Hooray, new MegaRanger!
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Battra wrote:I want a late 90's Japanese laptop like Miku had, that thing survived being ocean water for an extended period of time & was still functioning at the end of the episode. Nice to have some Megaranger back. :D
That's a palmtop. Like a lot of electronics (Laserdisc and MiniDisc, just to name a couple), they were fairly popular in Asia, but never really took off in the west for whatever reason.

I guess those new netbooks are pretty close, but they're not quite as small, and have more in common with full-size laptops and towers.

Can anyone explain what the connection is between Kenta and that guy from Fourze? I'm just wondering what the deal is with that picture on the main page.
Revieloutionne
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Dreamy: Terui Ryuu
Favorite Band: Stravinsky

Post by Revieloutionne »

TBustah! wrote:Can anyone explain what the connection is between Kenta and that guy from Fourze? I'm just wondering what the deal is with that picture on the main page.
I would think it's because they're both hot-blooded high-school heroes with space flavor.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

Phoenix512 wrote:I swear the Galaxy Robo fights are so violent compared to the other giant fights in the past. The previous episode had low blow shots and ripping off wings and this one had punches while the monster was down. That computer that Miku had is sure is waterproof. I would thought back then that computer would be fried when it went into the ocean.
You convinced me to watch this with this wonderful review

Good share of violence is what I miss in allot of shows

Return to “Sentai-Denji Sentai MegaRanger”