I claim this bounty in the name of #TV-Nihon! Arrr
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Gokaiger 25 released

Post by DarkRobin »

09MurphyM wrote:I noticed that compared to the other episodes that are two-parters, the gokaiger weren't beaten that badly.

The first 2-parters that had all Gokaiger beaten badly was ep 15& 16 in which Basco had used the avatars of numerous 6th rangers against Gokaigers.

But they got beaten worse then, mostly because they were outnumbered by "rangers"

The space ninja villians didn't hurt Gokaigers that much. Still, they were more impressive in this episode, as it only took 2 of them to beat down Gokaigers.
shadowcake8102
Favorite series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by shadowcake8102 »

They also got beaten during part I of the Shinkenger two-parter. There, Marvelous actually got wounded, remember?
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

Fuuraimaru coming to GouJyuJin's rescue reminds me of an old ninja-based cartoon series, Ninja Senshi Tobikage.

Tobikage(which means flying shadow) is the smallest, but the most powerful of the ninja robots of the good guys of the series.

For the most part of the series, whenever the bigger three robots were in danger or on the verge of defeat by the villains, Tobikage appears out of nowhere, and destroy most of the enemies and turns the tide to the good guys' favor.

The situation would be much more similar if it had been Gokai-Oh in the fight instead of GouJyuJin. Because the other thing that Tobikage did was combining with the bigger robots to form beast mode mechas where were far more powerful than the humanoid mode, and destroy the rest of the enemy troops.

Preview

Spoiler
It is shown in the preview for the next episode that Fuuraimaru can combine with Gokai-Oh. So if it had been Gokai-Oh there was fighting giant Sundahl Jr., and Fuuraimaru shows up for the rescue, then combine with Gokai-oh for the finisher attack, then it'd be complete replay of Tobikage.
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add spoiler tag
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

shadowcake8102 wrote:They also got beaten during part I of the Shinkenger two-parter. There, Marvelous actually got wounded, remember?

True, but the fight with Basco left the all Gokaigers team members wounded.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I liked this episode. It was really smart of Gai to use the Saga Sniper like that. You guys are really that annoyed at satakura? I guess since I've watched Hurricanger, he isn't annoying to me. He's worse in the main season. Since he's also extremely strong in there. It took a long fight to finally kill his father. I'm kind of confused how Furaimaru is still alive.

Hurricanger Spoiler
Spoiler
Gouraijin was blown up at the end of Hurricanger. Half of Furaimaru is owned by Kabutoraijer. SO half of him should be gone.
Last edited by archer9234 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Ha. Sentai is grabbing onto the internet meme (or whatever it techincally is.. trend? Pointless argument?) of Pirates VS Ninjas. Of course a ninja wouldn't trust a pirate! lawls. Nice episode all and all. I kinda liked the clip show in the beginning and I liked Hurricangers so it was cool seeing all of the actors again. It was the first series of Japanese sentai that I watched all the way. And in RAW format. Also Hurricaneger looks weird. But that's probably cause I'm just use to Hurricanger from the old spelling.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

TG23 wrote:Ha. Sentai is grabbing onto the internet meme (or whatever it techincally is.. trend? Pointless argument?) of Pirates VS Ninjas. Of course a ninja wouldn't trust a pirate! lawls. Nice episode all and all. I kinda liked the clip show in the beginning and I liked Hurricangers so it was cool seeing all of the actors again. It was the first series of Japanese sentai that I watched all the way. And in RAW format. Also Hurricaneger looks weird. But that's probably cause I'm just use to Hurricanger from the old spelling.
It is not just Pirate vs Ninja, but Space Pirate vs Space Ninja.
It makes it even more pointless.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

I thought this episode was pretty good. Never seeing "Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger" but seeing "PR: Ninja Storm", seeing how Sundahl Jr. and Saturakura Jr. made me remember Ninja Storm. But the "bikKURI" thing made me laugh because that joke seems to make it work a lot *seen Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, joke was used there sorry, off-topic*.

I thought it was funny that Giru was scared when Sundahl appeared next to him.
And of course, I found it freaking hilarious when Saturakura was fighting and 'tripped' into Luka and groped her, only to have a nutshot. Look on the bright-side, at least it wasn't Doc who had to suffer this time, but someone who deserved it. *lucky bad guy LOL*

Next episode looks entertaining.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

The ep was good, but it seemed a little rushed to me.

The action was good and there was a lot of character interaction.

Since it's a two parter, they left the epicness for 26.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

Wow, my hatred for Gai just increased 10 times from this episode, mostly because he basically said "we found the key, so it's ours".

If Gai were to lose his Ranger key and another guy found/retrieved it instead of him, would he just let him take it?
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

ShadowX7 wrote:Wow, my hatred for Gai just increased 10 times from this episode, mostly because he basically said "we found the key, so it's ours".

If Gai were to lose his Ranger key and another guy found/retrieved it instead of him, would he just let him take it?
Well, they are pirates, so the idea of "Finders, Keepers" tends to play out. And since they are pirates, what's stopping them from stealing the things they want? I mean, look at the time when Basco took the 4 Gokaiger and left Marvelous with the choice of giving up his comrades or giving up the keys, he chose to take his friends back and keep the keys because he's 'a pirate'. Oh well, still a great episode and nice action.
Silent_X
Salami Commander

Post by Silent_X »

ShadowX7 wrote:Wow, my hatred for Gai just increased 10 times from this episode, mostly because he basically said "we found the key, so it's ours".

I'm not surprised he's a little confused.
The lesson he learned in the Gingaman episode was that he shouldn't give away the keys.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

But unlike the Gingaman episode, the Hurricangers just wanted to have their keys/power back, not taking over the Gokaigers position.

Edit:
Didn't knew the second part of my post was a spoiler, sorry about that.
Last edited by ShadowX7 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Silent_X
Salami Commander

Post by Silent_X »

[quote="ShadowX7"]But unlike the Gingaman episode, the Hurricangers just wanted to have their keys/power back, not taking over the Gokaigers position.

/quote]
There was also the bit at the end of the episode where Hyuuga give him his own ranger key even though he could have kept it.

I understand where Gai is coming from, but if I were in his place I wouldn't see problem with at least temporarily giving them back their ranger keys.
It is not like they're asking for Shurikenger's key, or the Gouraigers'.
I may be lying
black cosmic ranger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: DENJIMAN
2nd Favorite Series: DAIRANGER
Dreamy: HOUOURANGER
Favorite Actor?: RYUURENJAA
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by black cosmic ranger »

where are thunder rangers in this ep
BCR

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”