Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Re: Gokaiger 26 released

Post by TBustah! »

ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:
Hurricane Gokai Ou was awesome, now people have a new mecha to complain about aside from Shinken Gokai-Ou :lol:
My only complaint with it is how tacked-on those shuriken on it's limbs look. The design just seems really lazy. I really don't mind if they release any more new mecha (in fact, I've got my fingers crossed for some Dairanger love), but this one is just ill-conceived.

Speaking of complaints, whaddup with that key thing? It makes no sense: they already established in episode 2 that the keys are useless without a changer (excepting, of course, Basco's trumpet). It's been said here that this new development does open the doors for similar team-ups in the future, which is nice, but it still doesn't sit well with me.

All that aside, I did like the episode. I've never seen Hurricanger (just Ninja Storm, which I can take or leave), so I didn't really know what to expect, but this makes me want to see it.

Spoiler
Maybe I've just been watching too much Gekiranger lately, but does Don with that hairstyle remind anyone else of Long? :lol:
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I don't see the reason why when an old hero gets their own key they shouldn't be able to use it. Maybe to another person the key is useless. I mean, in order to get the great power, the Gokaigers need approval from one of the old team members, so I assume they still control them to some degree.
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

TBustah! wrote: Speaking of complaints, whaddup with that key thing? It makes no sense: they already established in episode 2 that the keys are useless without a changer (excepting, of course, Basco's trumpet). It's been said here that this new development does open the doors for similar team-ups in the future, which is nice, but it still doesn't sit well with me.
I'd imagine there's also a difference between a former Sentai getting ahold of his/her own key, and a kid with no Sentai powers whatsoever trying to use one. If anything, that whole thing back in Ep2 established more that technically, anyone who got the key and had some way to use it could do so. I'd even theorize that, if the Sentai powers weren't usually so specialized to each individual member (And the fact there's no way the writers would end up doing it), you could probabably actually see the veterans use keys from their groups besides their own, like say, Takeru turning into ShinkenBlue.
Last edited by DereklBarona on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

You guys make some good points, especially the "control" thing.

I guess I can let it go.

*fingers still crossed for Dairanger*

Kou (now in his late 20's): What are you staring at?

Gai: S..sorry. I guess I just still think of Kou-san as a little kid!

Kou: I'm older than you!
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Doesn't this kind of break the whole idea of the show? I mean, if past sentai members can use their own keys, they haven't lost their powers. Why don't they go looking for them, or ask for them back, or take them back? Surely hundreds of sentai members would be a stronger force against Zangyack than six. And the keys are better protected held by their human counterpart with tons of fighting experience than tossed in a box. Why give their grand powers to a bunch of pirates that could just as easily give THEM their powers back, and use the grand power themselves?
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

Hate to say it, but the shine on Gold Mode has kind of worn off.
God yes. I'll give them credit, they didn't just make him do Gokai Legend Dream again. But it would be nice to see Gai use his normal finishers again.

Honestly, Ahim is my favorite pink ranger ever. She's so badass when she has to be. You half expect her to say "oh I'm not worried, you'll give them back" or something to that effect, but nope, she's all "screw you, we'll take them back".
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

awesome team up it's like a vs. super sentai movie i hope they do more episodes like this. there's always a reason why marvelous-tachi do things that seem stupid. hurricangers grand power is pretty cool the way that little guy combines with gokai-oh.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

AeonRanger wrote:awesome team up it's like a vs. super sentai movie i hope they do more episodes like this. there's always a reason why marvelous-tachi do things that seem stupid. hurricangers grand power is pretty cool the way that little guy combines with gokai-oh.
I also hope they do other tributes like this.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Ninja and Pirate become one!
Will there finally be peace?
harpdevil wrote:Doesn't this kind of break the whole idea of the show? I mean, if past sentai members can use their own keys, they haven't lost their powers. Why don't they go looking for them, or ask for them back, or take them back? Surely hundreds of sentai members would be a stronger force against Zangyack than six. And the keys are better protected held by their human counterpart with tons of fighting experience than tossed in a box. Why give their grand powers to a bunch of pirates that could just as easily give THEM their powers back, and use the grand power themselves?
The last time they all fought at the same time it really only delayed the invasion, AND it is how they lost their powers.
Maybe they think one team having all of the powers is the right strategy?

AkaRed was the one that told Marvelous about the greatest treasure in the universe. He probably had some sort of plan.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
solari
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by solari »

I thought the team up transformation and rollcall was so cool!

At around 13:04 or so, near the end of HurricaneRed's Kage no Mai, I think I heard him say something which wasn't translated...?
Silent_X
Salami Commander
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

solari wrote:I thought the team up transformation and rollcall was so cool!

At around 13:04 or so, near the end of HurricaneRed's Kage no Mai, I think I heard him say something which wasn't translated...?
I think those were just the grunts making the noises they make.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
shadowcake8102
Favorite series: Gokaiger

Post by shadowcake8102 »

Wow, a nine ranger finisher? It's a bit overkill, really. Then again, this is the villain that managed to shrug off Marvelous in the previous episode.

What a nice way to end a Pirates x Ninja episode, with the pirates and ninjas kicking ass together.
psychogoatee
Infinity
Favorite series: 555
Dreamy: Cutie Honey
Favorite Band: Elvenking
My boom: Metal Gear

Post by psychogoatee »

Thanks for the Gokaiger TVN, this show is too awesome.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

TG23 wrote: Now if only the Shurikenger was here too (since he is just a VA). Although I don't know if canonically he's alive or dead... "I am Ninja of Ninja!"
He "undied" .

This episode was way better than the first part. I wish more of the other rangers would use their powers. It was also funny that Kouta and Nanami's puns where from hurricangers own quiz game with Sata Sr. They all failed his puns too.
PaiZuri4lyf
Adventure
Quote: I 1st made an account JUST to ask about the GoKaiger/Go-Onger/Goseiger movie June 11th 2k11

Post by PaiZuri4lyf »

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”