Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Re: Fourze 01 released

Post by Skull Rider »

Whoa, a buddy-buddy rider... Gentarou sure reminds me a lot of Slam Dunk's Hanamichi, only missing the red hair, the very bad attitude and 50 times rejected by girls (LOL). So far, this series have a very good start. I'm immune to the design already. And I really love the high school theme, just like Hana Kimi and GTO.

2nd rider eh? Still too early to talk about it, but we already have the candidate. Who was that guy name again? Ah, yes... Kengo. Born with a fragile body, spent most of his life in space I guess, and the owner of Fourze belt. Maybe they try to do the rider switching like Delta in Faiz and Ixa in Kiva. Please, hell no.

Love the fight scene, instead of panicking, Gentarou use Fourze Rocket/Roket arm nicely. When the gauge is full, unleashed your LIMIT BREAK! What? Where's the Omnislash? Oh, they replace it with the Drill Kick. And I'm wondering, what was Kengo trying to tell Gentarou just before Fourze's LIMIT BREAK session.

Thanks for the sub, Tv-Nihon. And great touch with Densha Otoko's 'Kita!' at the start of the episode.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

trwolf2k wrote:Just me, or has anyone else noticed a theme here. Kamen Rider W, Kamen Rider OOOs, and now Kamen Rider Fourze? 2 memories, 3 medals, and now 4 switches. We seem to be growing in number here.
Yea lot of people have been pointing that out.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
nekollx
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by nekollx »

Kogashi wrote:
trwolf2k wrote:Just me, or has anyone else noticed a theme here. Kamen Rider W, Kamen Rider OOOs, and now Kamen Rider Fourze? 2 memories, 3 medals, and now 4 switches. We seem to be growing in number here.
Yea lot of people have been pointing that out.
Comming next year Kamen Rider Sentai
Super Sentai/Kamen Rider fan subs for the PSP http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=8802

My Laptop is Dying, want to help? http://nekollx.deviantart.com/journal/40051434/
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

My guess is next show will be Kamen Rider V which we will see 5 of previous riders in a sentai like setting (decade, W, 000, fourze and either Den-O or a new one)
bobgoesw00t
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Survivor
2nd Favorite Series: AFV
Dreamy: Hikari Netto/Kyouhei
Favorite Actor?: Milla Jovovich
Favorite Band: I have too many atm
My boom: Greyskyshippinh
Quote: Squadala, we're off!!!!!

Post by bobgoesw00t »

Am I the only one who thinks that this show is going to be quite odd at times? Also I think it's quite funny how his backpack said "Friendship" on it, that made me giggle. Over all, this season looks like it's going to be quite...INTERESTING... but in a good way, I'm hoping I don't get bored at the very end this time around like I did with OOO.
DERP DER HERPITY DERP
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Silent_X wrote:Remember that opening scene on the moon was 17 years ago, and it is obviously tied to Kengo's past. He might have been conceived/born/raised in that low gravity environment.
>>> Well... If that's the case, then he shouldn't have said, "Why was I born with this body", coz it would sound weird. He should have said something like, "Why was I conceived/born/raised in that low gravity environment", instead.
Judging from his line ("Why was I born with this body"), it's more likely that it deals with something less relevant to the environment in which he was conceived/born/raised.
Silent_X wrote: Speaking of which, I thought the low gravity in the base looked weird.
They seemed to have ability to drop straight to the floor when they wanted to.
>>> Well..not that weird, I think. If you watch the scene properly, there's a switch where one can switch on/off the low gravity feature in the base. To mention a few of other cases >> Capsule Corp. have that kind of technology which is utilized by the Z warriors for practice purpose in Dragon Ball Z. Even NASA have that kind of room in its HQ and space/research centers.

With that said, that's the more reason the fact of Kengo's weak body is less likely to be caused by the low gravity' side effect. What I'm trying to say is, Kengo does always have the option to switch off the low gravity feature in order to avoid the low gravity' side effect from taking its toll on his body. Considering his smart ass nature and his knowledge of space stuff, I do believe that he knows perfectly well the low gravity' side effect to one's body. If he somehow didn't know about that, well, I can only scream "WTF!!" to end the case.
Last edited by HyperDrake on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Camzero1
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka from Gokaiger
Favorite Actor?: Shu Watanabe
Favorite Band: Don't Know
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Core Medals!!!
Quote: I Like Cereeeeeal!!!

Post by Camzero1 »

I really like this new series!!!!
Nice fresh setting for a Kamen Rider.
And also....... i think Gentarou and Eiji could get along real well if they bumped into each other.
{that should have been the teaser at the end of OOO instead of Yuuki and Kengo Walking to school with the ______ AstroSwitch.}
Keep up the Subs, Tv-Nihon!!!
Gokai Change!

{Presses GokaiSilver Button}

{{Presses Button On Top Of GokaiCellular}}

{{{GokaiCellular Scans GokaiSilver Ranger Key}}}

GooooookaiSilver!
(yes, i put GooooookaiSilver! instead of Gooooookaiger!)
evel333
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTP Architect

Post by evel333 »

I find myself wishing the weapon switches were used on the arms instead. Having all that plastic bulkiness on the legs without symmetry is driving me crazy.
Ryousha
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Kiva, Kamen Ride: Emperor"

Post by Ryousha »

Anybody find it odd that Drill Leg is actually a Drill Arm Colored Differently and attached to the leg? :lol:
evel333
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTP Architect

Post by evel333 »

Watching through a second time, I'm thinking the base's low gravity has something to do with Kengo's condition, either as a cause of it (muscle atrophy and osteoporosis) or as a way of alleviating his yet-to-be mentioned symptoms.
KamenGamer
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Henshin
Quote: I think therefore I am

Post by KamenGamer »

I was formally known as AeonRanger. 3...2...1... HENSHIN. Well all the cast are pretty cool for this series there's a nice mix of variety and quite a lot of young actors in this series. Fourze has a lot of neat gadgets to use at his disposal although he does kinda seem like he's borrowing some off Birth, also they've used a lot of different voices for the gadgets which seems strange seeing as how they only use one voice per rider system. The bad guys have a pretty cool design to them and they look seriously evil too also there wasn't a lot of detail explained about them which i find quite refreshing it's sometimes good to keep viewers guessing aboutt the villains and their evil plot. The theme songs pretty catchy and thank god the bgm style has changed and it's not jazz like anymore rather more rock. Finally I think the opening episode has done the series justice and i'm looking forward to watching the rest. Space is most definatly awesome.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Ryousha wrote:Anybody find it odd that Drill Leg is actually a Drill Arm Colored Differently and attached to the leg? :lol:
Well in Gurren Lagan we saw many drills out of many places so when I first saw the picture of those drill leg I thought "I think this was inspired by Guren Lagan." Really all other switches we saw had perfect space-like gears while drill???.
LargoMuffin9
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by LargoMuffin9 »

anyone else think that girl who got turned down was really cute? why waste her as an extra...
DokiDoki Yukai
Adventure
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: W, ToQger
Dreamy: Iwanaga Hiroaki
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Mayu
Favorite Band: AKB48
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sailormoon Crystal
Quote: If you're determined to fight...let's see how strong you are.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DokiDoki Yukai »

Well, all I can really say is I'm freakin' hooked. Sure, there are loads upon loads of stereotypes here, but really are we surprised? The highschool setting is a huge breath of fresh air, and I for one cannot wait for the youthful shenanigans that will occur. The 'crash course' henshin lesson was hysterical, and the drill spin after the Rocket Drill Limit Break was full of random, but awesome. I'm really not too keen on the OP theme...I like Tsuchiya Anna, but... Meh, maybe it'll grow on me. This year is going to be great. SPAAAAACE~
Nova
7X

Post by Nova »

First of all, thank you very much TV-Nihon for starting the new Kamen Rider series! :)

I really liked the first episode of Fourze! The setting of a high school is nice, but hopefully there will be also some outside school action.
But I don't really like Gentarou (yet). His hair and his way too small jacket look stupid, is that supposed to be baddass in Japan? :P

And I have the scared feeling that the high school kids could start singing and dacing anytime...

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”