Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Re: <KIBA> Gaiden Released

Post by Ivanhobe »

I must say this was a very good spin-off.

When i first hear about it i thought it would be hard to create a movie around Kiba, since you would pretty much have to make the audience like him or else it won´t work.

The combination of animation and live action worked very well and helped make it feel like something unique, this is clearly not a movie, it truly feels like a side story, in fact you can pretty much watch it along with the series, they did a very good joob conecting both without feeling forced.

The fights were great, a huge improvement over red requiem, and even though the story was really simple, the way it was told made it pretty cool, in a way that is the best way to describe it, the movie es simple but very well made, i particularly like the final moments when Barago "kills" his mother, and when Messia refers to him as Barago he proclaims to be Kiba, The dark knight.

It was a small moment, but it really awesome, not to mention it fit perfectly with the series, seriously, with a bit of editing you could put this during the las episodes of garo and it would fit perfectly.

The only downsida is that there were a few things i expected to see, like the deal with the watchdogs, and the reason the potion he stole from Rei´s "father" was so important, it wasn´t necessary but it woudn´t had hurt to touch upon those things, also i think a couple of elements were meant as foreshadowing to the new series, Erda is the beast example, but i also think we will see more of bado and they are probably going somewhere with Ganon´s carcass (and suddenly.....Zelda 2).

Overall a pretty good Side-story, thanks for the release!!!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I don't get what all the hype is. I really didn't enjoy this, even found it boring at times. In my opinion, Red Requiem was much better.

Still excited for Maki Senkai though, so nothing has changed.
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

"In my opinion, Red Requiem was much better."
Spoiler
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
Kaijumaster

Post by Kaijumaster »

well Holy buckets!

I knew when Red Reqium came out.... (Which "I" liked) that the "No more Garo ever was sarcasm...because I knew Kiba was coming out.
This time I had to research the sarcasm. I was NOT aware a second series had been announced.

I enjoyed Kiba a LOT, but two things kept it from being REALLY great. Kiba monologing like a cliche' B-villian, and his woman who never appeared in the series...and thus "Where was she" since I assume this took place between episodes.

Spoiler
(I'm starting to wonder where all these horrors are coming from since they killed Messiah)
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

Kaijumaster wrote:
Spoiler
(I'm starting to wonder where all these horrors are coming from since they killed Messiah)
Spoiler
Well so far i think horrors exist aslong as evil does, Messiah just started the whole deal
also correct me if im wrong but was the "killed Messiah" spoiler tag necesary?

im confused is it goutan or gouten?? oh Azazel why are you doing this to me!!

ps. is there going to be a SD ver? also please dont hurt me for asking :(
Kaijumaster

Post by Kaijumaster »

Spoiler
Dude...it's the TV-N boards...I ain't taking no chances. just answering your question honeslty is risking a ban.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Doublesteel wrote:
Kaijumaster wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Well so far i think horrors exist aslong as evil does, Messiah just started the whole deal

im confused is it goutan or gouten?? oh Azazel why are you doing this to me!!

ps. is there going to be a SD ver? also please dont hurt me for asking :(
i confuse everybody,

as for the other part, did you check the tracker or ddl section, you might find your answer there
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

Azazel wrote: i confuse everybody,

as for the other part, did you check the tracker or ddl section, you might find your answer there
looked around the ddl section no SD... only HD and tracker? what? seriously today is not my day :(

i derailed this topic enought allready sorry for the bother
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I too found this to be boring at times. I did not like that half of the thing seemed to be animated. Red requiem was more entertaining. Garo 2 needs to hayaku and release!
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Alessar
Salami Commander
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I really liked it, though Erda did confuse me as far as continuity (just like Takenoko said). My theory is they meant to have Garuma, couldn't get the actress, so then they got excited and cooked up a side story and a replacement character. "It's a side story, who cares, we couldn't get the hotel set either." "We can make tarot cards fly! IT WILL BE COOL!" "Hell yes!" But, maybe she'll come back in the new series. That would be interesting.

Seeing Kaoru is a treat. Having her turn evil and kick ass is always awesome. My theory on her is that she has a lot of 'spiritual power' that she puts into her artwork, but if someone were to train her she could be a kickass Makai Priestess ... or maybe something else. Having Erda may just have been their way of showing that there's more than just 2 types of supernatural combatants. Similarly, I really enjoyed seeing a knight who had a different approach to fighting, sort of a warrior-mage combo. White Knight Dan can use spells but only used 1 in Beast of the White Night. It was cool seeing someone doing things with lightning, teleporting, false images, etc. Maybe Kaoru will come back in the TV series and get some kind of power. I can't see her ever being a combatant but I would love it if she learned to paint wards or something like that. She needs to show up that hussy Rekka who's the queen of the series. Well, her and/or Jabi. Imagine: Kaoru: "Oh, Makai Tarot cards..." Rekka: "Yes those are the tools of the lost art of the Makai Guide who--" Kaoru: "I know, let's tell your fortune *uses cards* You're going to put your hands on the wrong man. And then you'll lose them. Ohohohohohohoho."
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Wow that was a million times better than Red Requiem, was it on the same disc? If this is a precursor to what we can expect from the second season, count me in!

P.S. "Saying something blatantly false to see people make a "nuh-uh, here's why" response"? Pretty sure that's called trolling.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It was sold as a separate Blu-Ray.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This side-story was much better than the movie that was Red Requiem. I loved the art style here during the flashback story scenes. It seems simple but very creative. Also, the action sequences were pretty cool and we got to see the Makai Knight armors more heavily here too. Now that we know Barago's backstory, I feel more sympathy for him and find him much more cooler. Kaoru, it's nice to see her again. Last time I saw her was in the movie "Ninja." Lol...
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Have to say I enjoyed it over (again) Red Requiem. While Erda's part and knowing what became of Kiba afterward killed some of my interest with it, the whole narration is rather compact that I couldn't believe it all was just 45 minutes when it was done. Also, as illogical as it is, the action scenes near the end had me "wowing", especially the fight on top of their ride. Definitely better compared to what we had in RR.

Though I wonder why Barago wouldn't tell Kaoru the name of the golden knight who trained him, who's most probably Taiga.
Devil D
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade

Post by Devil D »

What I liked about the animation was that it was neither Anime-esque nor western, it was purely its own style. That being said, did anyone else think that the Makai Knight Barago kept fighting might be his dad? He attributes a small level of mysticism to him by saying each time he fought him, he was stronger. Also the first time Kiba beats him, the battle seems to end with the death of his opponent. He seems more of a spector than a random Makai Knight who is trying to defeat him.

I will say that this movie or special restored my faith in the series. As for the english, maybe its due to some circumtance we dont know? Garo coming west in the near future?

Return to “Garo Movies”