Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Re: Gokai 29 released

Post by ChelseaChampion »

What I think about the mecha:
Spoiler
I think the mecha sux for now is because this is not the "final" form.
It uses the abaranger grand power, but who knows maybe to get to another nicer looking form time ranger grand power is needed?

I would have said yes if Ahim asked me to marry her ;)
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Joe_Mello wrote:Wasn't that chapel used for the Begins Night portion of Movie Wars?
more accurately I think it's the same chapel that gets used in any toku that needs it. Like say, Magirangers, or Kabuto, or Kiva, and so on
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

I was a little disappointed that it took nine episodes to combine the two robots. Maybe if they do a Zyu and TimeRanger tribute they'll add more GouJyuJin parts to GokaiOh. Or better yet, they'll combine the Legend Mecha with the arm swap: Hurricane or Shinken GouJyuGokaiOh. Wouldn't that be cool?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Yessss AbarePink returns. I was hoping for a close-up of that key showing it was crudely painted and poorly made.

I watched the first 18 or so episodes of Abaranger (and Faiz!) totally unsubbed back when it was airing. 300+mb files on a 56k connection? Hellooooooo two-day downloads...

That show was mental, especially as a first exposure to super sentai. Talking henshin bracers (which I subsequently bought the Dino Thunder versions of), cancer monsters from an alternate universe, and a dinosaur-themed curry shop which a friend and I dubbed (for utter lack of Japanese skills) the Dinersaur. The goofy sentai are the best sentai.

(Parentheses)
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

Emiri did NOT age well, she was waaaaaay hotter in Abaranger. I'm glad her and Yukito married, their scenes with them in Abaranger were one of the best :).

The Mecha SUX, although I agree with some previous post that it might not be the final form. (Goujyou Shinken Gokai-Ou???)
TexasRed
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Sentai in general
Quote: "Tenkagomen no Samurai Sentai; SHINKENGER!"

"FANFIC!" *take a shot*

Post by TexasRed »

Just when you thought that the writers weren't on enough drugs....

Ahim once again proves how awesome she is. This episode truly was an Otaku dream, the cute cos-playing girl and the picture taking fan. *sigh*

Can't wait for next episode though. I've been waiting forever for the Joe/Barizorg resolution.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

No complaints about the new combination, but I do wonder what happened to GouJyuJin’s torso and Gokai-Ou’s arms. Were they just left lying around on the battlefield?

Abaranger truly is a zany series, and the hijinks in this episode were thematically appropriate. The entire sequence with the monster inside the mecha was amusing. Kind of weird that the living areas don’t change orientation when Galleon is in Gokai-Ou form. And since Blue came from the kitchen area, how did Doc get pans on his head?

“It is a fatal error.” GokaiGalleon’s computer system is awesome for being blunt. In English.

Having Luka's appreciative comment be about the bride’s ring, rather than the bride herself, was obvious in hindsight but still funny. Looks like Luka fining Doc and Gai for touching her is going to be a running gag.

Clearly this was our Gai & Ahim buddy episode. I found I have very little to say about Ahim. She looked appropriately creeped out that the monster thought she was cute when dressed up like a school girl, but it was pretty standard other than that. The episode in general was a nice homage to the clothes changes that the female team members were once infamous for.

Considering he didn’t know Emi-pon, I wonder just how Gai knows some of the details about the various sentai like he does. I’m still a little creeped out by how much he idolized AbareKiller, considering he was a villain for the majority of Abaranger.

Back to Abaranger - the commentary from Yukito and Emi-pon before the CM break was a great throwback to the series. Emi-pon and AbarePink - considering how fast Yukito shot her down about being part of the Abaranger team when they were talking on the roof, I was surprised that he didn’t interrupt her when she claimed to be the 200th Super Sentai hero. Poor Gai looked like he was going to have a stroke, though, over the idea that there was a hero he didn't recognize.

Funny episode.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Well, the abaranger guy didn't do much. Just told them they could finally use the two mechas as one.

Luka had her maid episode, so now we had Ahim in lots of costumes. She was really cute.

And Gai acted as proper audience surrogate by taking pictures and admiring.

The episode was funny and the abaranger fight was good, but not awesome.

I wonder when they'll get their super forms...

Also, Shinkenbrown key fucking where?
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

Sefiros wrote:I was a little disappointed that it took nine episodes to combine the two robots. Maybe if they do a Zyu and TimeRanger tribute they'll add more GouJyuJin parts to GokaiOh. Or better yet, they'll combine the Legend Mecha with the arm swap: Hurricane or Shinken GouJyuGokaiOh. Wouldn't that be cool?
All I can really say is, GouJyu Gokai-Oh is not the true combination between the two robots.
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

How do you know? You better know for sure. Cool.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

If you want no ban hammer, I suggest to you to stop talking about it now.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I kinda didn't like this episode. AbareBlue's appearance was short and lackluster in my eyes. I was expecting more but I guess it's ok. Ahim was pretty brave to be wearing those different outfits to get to the MotW though. I liked that and thought she looked cute in those outfits. I thought the joke with AbarePink was funny. Lol...She got left out of the Gokai Change. Also, the mecha combinations are still getting ridiculous.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Well, I will say this, with the title of "199 Heroes" for the movie, I was expecting Gai to be deemed the 200th Senshi. Oh well, guess that crazy chick from Abaranger takes the title of Super Sentai's 200th hero. LOL *poor Gai doesn't get to be number 200, but 201.*

Let's see, this episode was pretty good in terms of fanservice through Ahim 'rampaging', as AbareBlue put it.

I did like the gattai for the simple fact that GouJyu Gokai-O looks like Abare-O, albeit, piratey.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

PHurricane wrote:No complaints about the new combination, but I do wonder what happened to GouJyuJin’s torso and Gokai-Ou’s arms. Were they just left lying around on the battlefield?
The same place where Hurricane Dolphin, and the Pteradon goes in fights. Doing nothing. For the people who are complaining about the combo. This is NOT the end of their formations. This is just like Gao, Aba, or Bouken's optional arm swaps.

Ahim saved this show. Youkito's guest spot really sucked. Worst cameo for the show so far. I'm glad they used the picture mode on the Celluar. They usually don't bother with the other options.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

This episode pretty much confirms my earlier speculation:
TBustah! wrote:They're doing Abaranger after all?!?! Maybe we'll get Zyuranger too! I wouldn't say no to a Timeranger ep, I've been enjoying that one so far as well.
I'm sure most of us had always assumed that the grand powers of Zyuranger, Timeranger, and Abaranger were simply manifested in Gai's mecha itself, not something that it couldn't already do. One would assume that they'll get the other two as well somehow.

I'm curious as to how they'll pull off Zyuranger, as one of the heroes is dead and with Mikoto in that Valhalla-esque place
Spoiler
(which actually contradicts where he ended up in Zyuranger), and the others are in "heaven" with Barza, presumably never aging in the 18 1/2 years since Zyuranger ended.
Maybe they'll forgo bringing back any of the cast altogether, and Marvelous-tachi will just discover Zyuranger's grand power on their own. After all, Abaranger's is just a combination of two existing mecha.

Is Gai not recognizing Emiri another nail in the "Gai Is From Our Dimension" theory's coffin? I'm not sure. He didn't recognize her at first, but then again, (as it's been said by some of you guys) she wasn't an official hero. He also did recognize her makeshift costume when Ahim changed into it.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”