Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kabuto | Den-O | The Next >
KillerGazebo
Gao
Quote: Now...count up your sins!

Is Den-O still going in Japan?

Post by KillerGazebo »

I know Den-O did a crossover movie with OOO last year so does anybody think that anything like that will be happening with Fourze this year? This show has survived for like 4 years on spinoff movies, animes, and crossover movies, that's longer than the original mighty morphin power rangers over here in America which only lasted 3 years. Don't get me wrong I love the original series and Ore Tanjou and Saraba but when is enough going to be enough?
Completed: Faiz, Blade, Hibki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger
Watching: Fourze, Gobusters, Akibaranger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Is Den-O still going in Japan?

Post by Catastrophe »

At this stage, nothing has been said. As the crossover was billed as the anniversary movie, hopefully that'll be it.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

From what it looks like, the Den-O generation has moved on to other forms of media entertainment (it was 5 years ago, kids have to grow up) so there's not a lot of profit appealing to a group that won't pay up.

So no more Den-O, knock on wood.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Till next spring, Den-O Returns: The Final Comeback Ending Special Fourze Crossover.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Ore Sanjou....In Space.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I just can't imagine the Denliner in space... that'll be too weird.
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hot? Errr, TaJaDoru?
Favorite Actor?: Yu Hasebe
Favorite Band: DREAM
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gi-Gi-Giga Scan
Quote: At the signature>>>

Post by MaskedRideEclipse »

Catastrophe wrote:Ore Sanjou....In Space.
Really gonna love that catchaprase, hope Momo would say that.
OOOKaiser wrote:I just can't imagine the Denliner in space... that'll be too weird.
and with Hikari Studio in it.

I hope they would include Kabuto(never gonna happen) too because he is the first rider in space(am I wrong?) and the first one to make a rider kick in space(Fourze was the second)
-If all that I'd been said is a spoiler, then kindly delete them or put -snips-
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Ohhh. I have it. Space Sanjou/ Ore Kita!

Mix and match for the win.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I wouldn't be surprised if Toei's got one more Den-O movie in its bag of tricks, possibly to air next spring in honor of the 5th year anniversary of Den-O's premiere. Momotaros is Takaiwa's pet character so he'll never say "no" to a production involving him, and the writers have proven that as long as they have the Imagin around they can find an excuse to use the Den-O Rider suits. Even if Den-O sales have taken a hit, the ability to have the signature rider(s) of the series without needing a specific actor means it's pretty versatile and one of the more cost-effective productions they could do.

If there is another movie, whether it's a Fourze crossover (in the tradition of Climax Deka, Onigashima, Episode Yellow or the 40th anniversary movie) or a standalone (like Saraba, Episode Red, or Episode Blue) is anyone's guess. It might depend on whether they think linking Fourze and Den-O would give them better sales.

Having said that, I agree that they'll probably start to pull back from Den-O soon. Then again, isn't that what everyone said when Saraba was first announced over three years ago?
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

They're probably going to pull back, saving Den-O for big things and nostalgia. Unless they go forward with a Chou Den-O series. But it is really versatile, which means that they can always bring back elements in the future if they want to.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

If they were to make another Den-O movie it would probably have the cast from OOO and Fourze. OOO is just there to make it more epic >D

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”