Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokaiger 32 released

Post by takenoko »

Guess the parallel story is Don meets the Shinji Ikari of soccer players.

If Don didn't make the weapons, it kind of makes you wonder who did. AkaRed? Where did he get that ship from anyway? How can powers turn into little figurines that transform into keys?!!

I guess it'd be pretty annoying to practice with Don with him yelling at you in such a nasal voice.

You know... What about those cylinders makes them Gokai Cylinders? I mean, do they sit in Gokai chairs on the GokaiGalleon and eat off the Gokai Table? It becomes this silly slippery slope thing with Batman adding Bat in front of everything (I'll use my Bat Shark Repellant!)

I don't understand why he needs everyone's weapons when he just needed five of them. I was also having flashbacks to the Headmasters special where Spike asks everyone for their heads so that he can retrofit them to house Nebulan partners. I really liked that special as a kid.

Weird, Changeman has no yellow ranger?

So a Grand Power can be used in ways that aren't related to giant vehicles or robots? Weird. I just naturally assumed since they literally mean "the big power" and have so far been all mecha related (You don't count CarRanger!) that was what they were.

Courtesy of Slowking:
I'm guessing I don't need to explain this monster of the week's name.

When the monster becomes big, Luka says a line about a dekkai kao. This literally means "a big face" but is usually means "to look smug". But in this case, he's a giant, so he does have a big face. Haha?
盾がなくなったのにでっかい顔しちゃって。

I like the fact that they remembered that Gai's arm was broken and wasn't magically healed in like 5 minutes. It also makes Basco out to be more of a credible threat.

I wonder... if the Gokaiger's weapons transform along with them into whatever Ranger they become. I mean, they could just transform into a Ranger that has weapons if not having a weapon was such a big deal.
NeoStorm

Re: Gokaiger 32 released

Post by NeoStorm »

I'll admit, it's interesting how they took apart all the other weapons and used them to make this giant ship-themed gun. I laughed, felt sad, then cheered and laughed some more near the end. Overall, great episode around Don
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I know they always unnecessarily spam a Final Wave when they could just finish monsters off with a transformed team attack. Does that mean they'll start spamming this every episode now? Shameless advertising at its finest.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I really do love the sense of camaraderie and trust the Gokaigers have with each other. When Doc asked for the weapons, you could tell that they didn't just give them to him because of the plot, but because they believed in him. Honestly, the cast keeps amazing me, and I'm glad they have such great chemistry together.

Preview spoiler:

Spoiler
OMG Kiba you've grown~
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

takenoko wrote:If Don didn't make the weapons, it kind of makes you wonder who did. AkaRed? Where did he get that ship from anyway? How can powers turn into little figurines that transform into keys?!!
I think we saw Red with the weapons in his flashbacks before Don joined the gang. So I guess it's safe to assume that AkaRed made the weapons.

While it was a nice Don episode, it still doesn't count as a back-story episode. We had a flashback of Don, but it wasn't really about him joining the group, nor was it about his past before joining the group. I was hoping they'd have some back-story of sorts like Marvelous', Luka's or Joe's where they showed their past before joining/forming the crew.
Ike
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Live your life like you only have one day to live,
but plan your life like you have 1000 years to live.

Post by Ike »

takenoko wrote: I wonder... if the Gokaiger's weapons transform along with them into whatever Ranger they become. I mean, they could just transform into a Ranger that has weapons if not having a weapon was such a big deal.
I remember that in a couple of first episode, When they were transformed in Skinkenger. One shinkenmaru was throw in the sky to be catch after. When it was catch, it was a gokaisabre in Gokaired's hand.

So from it, we can deduce, that the Gokaiger's Weapon transform too.
Lunagel wrote: Preview spoiler:

Spoiler
OMG Kiba you've grown~

Spoiler
It's not Kiba, it's Ryou. Since, he came in the movie from last spring, they made him come back in the series. Ì kind of hope that they call back Kiba for this episode...
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

takenoko wrote:Guess the parallel story is Don meets the Shinji Ikari of soccer players.
The subplot leads into Gokaigalion 3.33: "we'll stop recycling animation if you give us twenty years and buy whatever crap we give you in the meantime."
takenoko wrote:If Don didn't make the weapons, it kind of makes you wonder who did. AkaRed? Where did he get that ship from anyway? How can powers turn into little figurines that transform into keys?!!
Its all very simple. The psychotic humanoid alien who thinks he's the physical embodiment of the color red threatened a celestial carpenter henceforth called Jesus into making his ship that transforms on a whim and can move in all directions using a wheel that only goes left and right. Elsewhere in time and space the Toymaker, the other Toymaker, the Puppetmaster, the other Puppetmaster, the other other Puppetmaster (no not that one), that magician guy who turned the flash into a puppet, some toy-based villain from one episode of doctor who that no one's seen because it was before the reboot, the evil doll from the twilight zone, the other evil doll from the twilight zone, the doll-obsessed pedophile from shadow hearts 2, and the kid from the Williams Doll public education short were planning stuff. Stuff entirely unrelated to the little figurine thing, that was Jesus' thing he did after being unsatisfied with his payment for the carpentry. See, Jesus knew the psychotic red person had OCD and would have to collect the super powered figurines if they were scattered across the universe. I have a hunch that he did this because he's not Jesus at all, but actually the ne'er do-well known as Red Herring.

...Ah, right, they become keys to unlock paths between disney worlds and square-enix. Herring's big on fanfiction, probably. And the big great powers were held by the old teams due to a whole bunch of rules relating to a shadow mirrorverse. Also why those powers can be sucked out by unpleasant trumpet noises.

...The episode? Well, a thing happened. They built a better cannon than their giant-headed predecessors. And.....Green learned that he'd already learned confidence a while ago?

...I'm dwelling less on this one and more on how I can ask "is there a copy human near you" next episode....
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Don has clinical depression, stop making fun of how all his episodes revolve around him having no self-confidence. You know why they're not revealing his backstory? Because it involves him being abused by his parents, living out of a closet and being referred to as "it". Don never got to frolic in the sun until he escaped at 15, it's just not his fault!

I wonder why the kid, who got his ass kicked at soccer by an alien who's probably never played before, couldn't even make it on the team. Hmm. Odd, that.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O

Post by Silent_X »

Now that that they have their own team-cannon-thing the Gokaigers are now closer to becoming a true Super Sentai!

Preview:
Spoiler
Interesting that the next episode is a tribute to a series that also got its team-cannon-thing later in the series.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Lunagel wrote:I really do love the sense of camaraderie and trust the Gokaigers have with each other. When Doc asked for the weapons, you could tell that they didn't just give them to him because of the plot, but because they believed in him. Honestly, the cast keeps amazing me, and I'm glad they have such great chemistry together.

Preview spoiler:

Spoiler
OMG Kiba you've grown~
Actually
Spoiler
he won't be receiving help from kiba,which is kind of odd considering he has always receieved help from other 6th/7th based rangers
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Hey, we picked up where last episode left off! It was nice to see the Ohrangers have some final parting words for the Gokaigers. Also interesting to see that that awful sound effect when Basco twisted Silver’s arm actually had a serious, lasting effect on Gai. Although that doesn’t explain why Gai later was doing his best Michael Jackson Thriller impression whenever Doc hit his injured arm.

The credibility of the Zangyack crew just took a major hit with me - why are they acting like they’ve just now figured out that they need to get rid of the Gokaigers? It’s not like they’ve never talked about the need to take them out before.

Otherwise, a good, solid episode. There were a lot of nice little touches during the Buster creation montage - Ahim serving her tea while Joe served the sweets that he baked, Gai using a fan with the Gokai logo on it, and so on. The Buster itself is a nice affirmation of the bonds that the core five members of the team share.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Gai was really worthless in this episode. Why did he give Don his weapon anyway?
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Not a bad episode, but I will say that Don's 'serious' voice-over at the beginning seemed to creep me out just a bit. Also a little back-story on our favorite hakase. I wonder when we'll learn more.

... GokaiSilver in a sling... GouJyuJin's Tail-Arm limp... okay, works for me seeing as this is a continuation episode.

Preview:

Cool,
Spoiler
Dairanger is showing up. Only saw clips of the series but it seems interesting. At least I know who you all are talking about in the spoilers before mine here. Kiba=KibaRanger and Ryou=RyuuRanger.
shadowcake8102
Favorite series: Gokaiger

Post by shadowcake8102 »

PHurricane wrote: The credibility of the Zangyack crew just took a major hit with me - why are they acting like they’ve just now figured out that they need to get rid of the Gokaigers? It’s not like they’ve never talked about the need to take them out before.
It's possible that since Gil's been getting smarter with his plans, Damaras thought that his boss would be more receptive to letting him plan for a change. Damaras WAS the first person to realize the threat the Gokaigers possessed early on in the season. Gil was just too much of an incompetent and smug ass earlier that he'd pull rank over Damaras and do things his way. Of course, why Damaras only did this now is the mystery.

Perhaps he took advantage of the beating that Basco gave the team and attacked them at their weakest.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

archer9234 wrote:Gai was really worthless in this episode. Why did he give Don his weapon anyway?
Because he wanted to help and looked badly if he was the only one not to give his weapon. And besides, he wasn't going to fight in that condition anytime soon or even to use it effectively.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”