I claim this bounty in the name of #TV-Nihon! Arrr
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Gokai 33 released

Post by 09MurphyM »

My favorite part was probably Ryou doing the Dairanger rollcall for the first time in years.
bobgoesw00t
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Survivor
2nd Favorite Series: AFV
Dreamy: Hikari Netto/Kyouhei
Favorite Actor?: Milla Jovovich
Favorite Band: I have too many atm
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Greyskyshippinh
Quote: Squadala, we're off!!!!!

Post by bobgoesw00t »

ChelseaChampion wrote:Somehow i am convinced you are as spasm-tic as Gai in real life... Lol
I actually am sometimes, but not as much as Gai is xD.
DERP DER HERPITY DERP
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Not a bad episode. Enjoyed the Dairanger parts, only seen clips here and there, but the song was very cool to hear. Why is it that toku-fans get chills when they hear the theme song? Oh well, still, very nice episode.

And the preview is interesting.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

I almost forgot this was the Dairanger episode until I saw that the title was "Hero Daa!".

Ha ha, Loved Shishi!Don throwing peace/victory signs at the camera when they were jumping over it.
I would have taken a screenshot, but it was kind of hard to catch.

I have to wonder. Was that the actual Byakko Shinken or just a copy? Kind of the same problem as ranger keys like Zuban or GoseiKnight.
It would have been great to hear him talk.

edit: I kinda hoped that the Dairangers' power was DaiMugen.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Slowking wrote:-For once, had we not seen Gold Mode, I would have actually complained! This is a Gai episode and so we do deserve it.
Personally, I feel the opposite. KibaRanger has an assortment of techniques (sound illusions, Kiryoku attacks) that Gai could've used but instead no, he just chooses to throw it all away for a thing that he uses all the time anyways. We could've gone without it, for one week.
bobgoesw00t wrote:Other then Gai being all emo for part of the episode, I LOVED IT!!! Also, for some odd reason, I think I'm in love (not really of course) with Waruzu Giru, probably because he just CRACKS ME UP, especially in this episode, when he pushed his food off the table in rage because of the Gokaigers killing this weeks monster. I say that because I'm PRETTY sure that he had JUST sat down to eat, but then again, we'll never know if that's true or not. On a side note,
Spoiler
I think i just had a nerdgasm when I saw Kirihiko in the preview for the next episode, so much in fact that I had to watch the one part of him taking off the glasses again JUST TO BE SURE THAT IT WAS HIM!!!
Fixed. ^^
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

This was a fun episode. That's all I can really say.

I loved this monsters Eat and Run tactic. It made him annoying and a bit of a challenge.

For some reason Gai's speech about why he became a part of Gokaiger makes me think of the theme to Pokemon Jhoto League Champions, but that's prolly because I always mentally replace the word Winner with Hero for not particular reason.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

Im pretty sure Zacula's deal was a callback or a reference to something but im not sure what... all i could think was how much it reminded me of the tanuki myth replacing the testicles with a oddly placed gut.

Unfortunate anatomical references aside (i mean seriously that gut couldve been somewhere less sugestive) its amazing how Gai can forget his reason to be, when selflessly protecting others was the reason he was given the chance.

One thing that is a bit odd is how odd Marvelous acted after Gai started to act emo-ish, serious Marvelous is serious.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

There was one thing I forgot to add to my post before, but did anyone else notice that Doc messed up the Dairanger roll call and then does the "V" sign as he jumps over the camera?
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

I couldn't wait to see this one, so I went ahead and watched another sub of it last week, but it wasn't as accurate. I also just wanted to see it again. I'm glad I did, or I wouldn't have known that Ryou's restaurant was called "Akaryuken" (or "red dragon ken"), which is a reference to his fighting style and Ryuseioh.

On the subject of Ryou's restaurant, it's good to see that he's moved up in the world. When I saw him making deliveries on his bike (just like he did in Dairanger) in the preview, I assumed that he'd been working the same job at the same restaurant all these years. I got into Super Sentai five years ago by watching raw episodes of Dairanger on YouTube, and I still count it among my favorites, so I almost felt like crying thinking that he'd been working the same crappy job for almost two decades. It'd be sort of like finding out an old friend is barely making ends meet, working long hours at McDonald's and living alone in a tiny apartment. :cry:

Keiichi Wada has really aged gracefully. It's hard to believe he's in his early forties now, especially seeing him kick so much butt. Now if they'll just bring back Yuuta Mochizuki for Zyuranger and/or Kane Kosugi for Kakuranger, I can die a happy man. :lol:

I'll be the first to admit, Dairanger's grand power is kind of lame. It'd be nice if they got some sort of mecha (the "the show's too old" excuse doesn't work, Zyuranger's a year older and it's got a mecha), maybe something Ryuseioh-esque that can replace Gokai Galleon as the main part of Gokaioh, but I completely understand if their reasoning was that there are already too many. It also would have been cool to see Kou all grown up (can you imagine Gai's reaction? :lol: ), but all in all, I really can't complain about this episode.
Last edited by TBustah! on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I liked this episode a lot. It made me laugh and we got to see Gai's flashback scene that inspired him to be what he is. Also, got to love seeing Ryou do his old pose but this time, in human form. He did a great job. There's a special guest in the next episode too. It will be interesting to see him. Lol...
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

Isn't it weird that the only earth human in Gokaiger is the least popular?
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
TheZen
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
My boom: DragonRanger

Post by TheZen »

Well, this was a fun episode, and it's been a while since they did a full team henshin that I felt a personal attachment to. I'm hoping that they'll do something similar with the few episodes they have left.

Preview Spoiler
Spoiler
But I'm still not satisfied. This looks like a pretty good Luka episode, and it looks like Luka's friend can copy Gokaiger transformations...but I'm still waiting for the power-up episode. We know it has to happen eventually, but pretty late in the series right now. I'm praying that they'll eventually do it, hopefully week after next.
Last edited by Lunagel on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't forget to use the spoiler tag
No nuts, no donuts.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

TBustah! wrote: I'll be the first to admit, Dairanger's grand power is kind of lame. It'd be nice if they got some sort of mecha (the "the show's too old" excuse doesn't work, Zyuranger's a year older and it's got a mecha), maybe something Ryuseioh-esque that can replace Gokai Galleon as the main part of Gokaioh, but I completely understand if their reasoning was that there are already too many. It also would have been cool to see Kou all grown up (can you imagine Gai's reaction? :lol: ), but all in all, I really can't complain about this episode.
I think any show from the previous century(sounds weird saying that way) is too old to get its own toy.
Zyuranger and Timranger(which is right on the edge) get a free ride because they share a toy with the Abaranger power.
Plus there's the Power Rangers connection.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Silent_X wrote:I think any show from the previous century(sounds weird saying that way) is too old to get its own toy.
Zyuranger and Timranger(which is right on the edge) get a free ride because they share a toy with the Abaranger power.
I guess, but do you really think they're taking PR into consideration?

They haven't really in the past, except for shooting in the same New Zealand locations to make adapting the footage easier.
ChelseaChampion wrote:Isn't it weird that the only earth human in Gokaiger is the least popular?
Where do you get that?

I for one, like Gai. I should think that a lot of other fans do too, because he's one of us. We can identify with him.
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

TBustah! wrote:
Silent_X wrote:I think any show from the previous century(sounds weird saying that way) is too old to get its own toy.
I guess, but do you really think they're taking PR into consideration?

They haven't really in the past, except for shooting in the same New Zealand locations to make adapting the footage easier.
Ep 5 had Luka transform into Go-On Yellow and use the tire armband on her arms as a weapon, which was ONLY used in RPM. Said episode was directed by Koichi Sakamoto, who worked on the majority of the PR shows.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”