Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokai 34 released

Post by takenoko »

Huh, was that really the best cartwheel they could get out of Luka's actress?

Huh, the grunts talk and care about money? Too bad thousands of them die in every episode. Ah well.

Ah, this is a Luka origin episode? Cool. It's nice to see how the individual strands are finally coming together.

I guess you can add Dislikes broccoli on Luka's wiki page.

New theme song? I wonder if the Gokaigers will have character songs.

Preview
Spoiler
I've been waiting for this for quite a while. Looks like it's just Sousuke though? I was hoping for the main three at least, oh well.

Trivia: The episode title is done in a weird way, where it's 2 kanji and the rest in katakana. It stands out here, but I honestly never noticed it when working on Go-Onger.

Trivia:
I don't think they ever mention the action commander's name, it's Vannain which is based on Tarao Bannai.
"featuring a detective of the same name who could take on seven different faces,"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bannai_Tarao

Hmmm, Sexy Voice is said to have seven different voices. I wonder if that's a trope that came from these mysteries, or maybe it's from that shichihenge thing.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Gokai 34 released

Post by Arigomi »

It was nice to see the actor who played Sonozaki Kirihiko in Kamen Rider W make a guest appearance.

Normally we don't see the Sugoumin up close. I was surprised by the amount of detail in their faces.

I was expecting a Yellow Charge for the GokaiGalleon Buster since the episode focused on Luka. Sadly, we just got stock footage instead.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

The cartwheel bugged me too.

Oh, Kimisawa. You were in Den-O and W, so why did you start to quote Decade when you're appearing in Gokaiger?

Joking aside, it was nice to see him in Super Hero Time again. I was so pleased to see him again that it kind of overshadowed Luka's back story. Perhaps because it was really just visual confirmation of Zangyack's explanation for why Luka had a bounty. It was kind of funny to see make fun of Marvelous' goal, only to be sucked in by the faith he had in his dream.

Very nice use of the Gokai Changes to identify the fake. Kind of obvious, but it was done well.

I like that insert song. I think it's supposed to be more for the girls than the rest of the team, so it makes sense it played first in a Luka focus episode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

He was in Den-O?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

He was one of the guys M-Ryotaro smashed in the first episode.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

<3 Kirihiko~~~~
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

That was a great episode! I really loved Luka's back story. It makes me like her so much more now. From last time's preview I was kinda hoping for a Megaranger tribute but this was cool too. All in all, I'm going to be very sad in a few months when it is time to meet the next sentai. Gokaiger has just been so much fun!!!
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

It wasn't a bad episode. With this, all that's left is Doc's and Ahim's story of how they joined the Gokai Crew. Of course, we still don't have much of Doc's background, but that's for another rant altogether.

Fuuraimaru sure is getting a work-out with the pirates. Ninja+Pirate= a lot of fun. LOL! Why argue who is better when you have both work together to kick ass and make an ass out of baddies?

Oh, Did anyone else get the exchange rate of Zagins to Yen? If I could find the Yen to Dollar, that would be a large bit of pocket change LOL!!!

Smart move by Luka using the Ranger Keys to find the real Gai. I would have liked to see her use one of the series with only 5 and have Gai yell "But there isn't a Sixth one for that one!" while the fake-Silver copies their moves LOL! Let's see, who could they have become to bring the pain on the fake? Um...... Let's go with Jetman and use the Grand Power Phoenix on him LOL!

Next Episode:
Spoiler
Oh, Go-Onger are back. BeaRV, Speedor and I think I saw Buson was there. Also, was that a new Engine that was talking at the end with the 'baribari' sentence ender?
PFire
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger

Post by PFire »

Does this week's Action Commander remind anyone of MMPR Season 2 Monster Primitor, that white monkey looking monster that could clone the rangers? Oh God, I like Gai, but his voice is annoying, now we have 2 overlapping Gai voices? lol

Next Week's Episode Spoiler (seen in preview of next episode)

Spoiler
GOKAI CHANGE! Baaaaaaaaaaattle Fevaa!!!!!
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:Oh, Did anyone else get the exchange rate of Zagins to Yen? If I could find the Yen to Dollar, that would be a large bit of pocket change LOL!!!
The exchange rate of Zagins to Yen is 1 Zagin=360 Yen and the exchange rate of Yen to Dollars is 1 Yen=0.0130391 Dollars.
Zagin to Yen rate found at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Empire_Zangyack
Yen to dollar rate found at:
http://www.x-rates.com/d/JPY/table.html
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

that was the crappiest cartwheel I have ever seen.

"Just a passing through... business man" :lol:

they've been doing their best to hide it, but Luka has some thick thighs.

toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:It wasn't a bad episode. With this, all that's left is Doc's and Ahim's story of how they joined the Gokai Crew. Of course, we still don't have much of Doc's background, but that's for another rant altogether.

Fuuraimaru sure is getting a work-out with the pirates. Ninja+Pirate= a lot of fun. LOL! Why argue who is better when you have both work together to kick ass and make an ass out of baddies?

Oh, Did anyone else get the exchange rate of Zagins to Yen? If I could find the Yen to Dollar, that would be a large bit of pocket change LOL!!!

Smart move by Luka using the Ranger Keys to find the real Gai. I would have liked to see her use one of the series with only 5 and have Gai yell "But there isn't a Sixth one for that one!" while the fake-Silver copies their moves LOL! Let's see, who could they have become to bring the pain on the fake? Um...... Let's go with Jetman and use the Grand Power Phoenix on him LOL!
How about like this?"Gai, we're going to use this" *took out GoGo V's Keys*. Gai will be like "Luka-san, there's no 6th Ranger Key for that Sentai! Wait, is there?"
EPIC WIN!!!
bobgoesw00t
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Survivor
2nd Favorite Series: AFV
Dreamy: Hikari Netto/Kyouhei
Favorite Actor?: Milla Jovovich
Favorite Band: I have too many atm
My boom: Greyskyshippinh
Quote: Squadala, we're off!!!!!

Post by bobgoesw00t »

I <3 this episode...mainly because Kirihiko's actor came back. I'm pretty excited about the next episode, WE FINALLY GET TO SEE THE GO-ONGER'S GRAND POWER, I'm hoping that it's better then the Hurricanger's power. IMO that power has been used WAAAAAAAY too many times already. I for one would like to see Gao or Deka Gokai-Oh at least one more time.
DERP DER HERPITY DERP
triple_lei
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
Dreamy: BoukenPink
My boom: Persona series

Post by triple_lei »

What's with Luka's look at the end? They're supposed to be on friendly terms, but she was like, "Punk... GTFO!"

This episode's a winner for allowing us to connect the dots.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Perfect. PERFECT. This is what perfect truly is. I really will not even highlight everything I liked, I'm just out of words. Amazing character development for Luka, Luka's past, Fuuraimaru doing something apart from helping in mecha battles, the Gokaiger proving their bonds once again by noticing something was wrong with Luka, use of Megaranger to gain advantage.

THIS is how episodes should be written. Kudos to the writers, they did a great job and it wasn't even a tribute episode contributing to the main plot. Now I'm fully satisfied with the development of Marvelous/Joe/Luka/Gai, so all we need is to have that rumoured Ahim episode and possibly a Hakase one and I will be happy.

Spoiler
Next week: Dekaranger full gokai change (including DekaBreak), Go-onger, Sousuke, Bomber (BomBom), FULL BATTLE FEVER gokai change and full Changeman gokai change. Because this is how pirates do it!
Behold the Emperor!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”