Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Senki 02 released

Post by takenoko »

Kaoru the goldfish really looked fake against the night scene.

Ugh. Normally the grotesque stuff in Garo is pretty passable, but seeing the lady staple up that guy was pretty spine chilling. It's kind of interesting how childlike this Horror is. Guess that doesn't matter if you stab a dude in the end 'cause you're crazy.

I like how Kaoru comes to the conclusion that basically rips off Dumbo.

Heh, oh Zaruba. Yes, looks like both Kaorus did find it. Some things never change. I like that she turns to leave and is instead dragged into the situation.

I was expecting Kouga to put his arm around Kaoru at the end, but I guess holding hands is alright.

Huh, did the ending change?

Preview
Spoiler
Next time: Kamen Riders?!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Garo Makai Senki 02 released

Post by Catastrophe »

What is it with the second episode Horrors being creepy. The chain bitch from last season was pretty bad as well.

And that Makai fish may but Zaruba out of the job of detecting Horrors, unless it dies painfully.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

i can see plenty of KR influence here... :lol: :lol: there already ankh inthe first episode... :lol: :lol:

W got bat shot... OOO got taka candroid... fourze got burgermeal... garo has a flying fish... :shock:

Spoiler
looks like kouga will "ride" next week :lol:
Serapho
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Megumi
Favorite Actor?: Mika Kikuchi
Favorite Band: Jam Project

Post by Serapho »

The face of that creepy woman (horror of the week) looks familiar.
Anyone can tell if she appeared in a previsous toku show or is it just me ?

I liked more this 2nd episode which looked more Garo-ish to me. Kaoru stiolll has this great ability to be at the wrong place at the wrong time (or else she wouldn't be the heroine).
The next one looks interesting.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

you know it took Kouga like 30 minutes to walk all the way to the senate. With all those secret passages between human world and makai world you would think there would be one leading directly to senate HQ.

I'm really happy about this 2nd season.

What's the name of the horror's actress?

zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Welcome to The Senate... of one?!

The Horror-possessed woman is Hirota Reona. You may have seen her in LIAR GAME: Season 2 as Taeko Kosaka
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Truly it is great to see Garo back in business!

Interesting ability that Zaruba displayed in this episode; looks like he can allow Kouga to see events that happened in a location earlier. I don't remember them ever doing that before, but it could certainly come in handy.

For some reason I was expecting them to drag it out a little longer before letting Kouga and Kaoru reunite, but I'm glad it happened now. Although straight after Kouga receives the mark of death. Oh such bad fortune.

And on a somewhat separate note: that ending song is going to take some getting used to. I like it and it's catchy, but I already miss the ballads from the first show... :(
Serapho
Number 6
Number 6
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Megumi
Favorite Actor?: Mika Kikuchi
Favorite Band: Jam Project

Post by Serapho »

The Horror-possessed woman is Hirota Reona. You may have seen her in LIAR GAME: Season 2 as Taeko Kosaka
I found where i saw her before after more searches:
She played the hilarious, weird lesbian producer in Mendol
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

Now this is the Garo that i know and love!!!!!

I have to admit that at first i was afraid that Makai Senki would be nothing but a cash-in, but these 2 episodes have turned out to be really good, after the final arc of garo, the 2 movies and kiba gaiden, i didn`t realized how much i missed the focus on the horrors, they are quite interesting monsters of the week.

I also like how they tied the events of red requiem to the series, at the very least makes RR far more relevant and not just a spin-off. It`s also good to see how the characters have grown, kaoru is still as optimistic as ever but you can see how she has grown given all the things she has gone through, she seems to be more calm, wise and mature, but she is still kaoru. And the same goes for Kouga. Zaruba is the same but that will never be a bad thing.
JustiFan wrote: And on a somewhat separate note: that ending song is going to take some getting used to. I like it and it's catchy, but I already miss the ballads from the first show... :(
I agree, the first time i heard the ending it kind of freaked me out a little since it messed with the rhythm of the series, it is not a bad song at all but i think the ballads from the previous season fited a lot better.

Preview

Spoiler
OMG MOTORCYCLE BATTLES OMG!!!!!!!!

Let the Makai Rider jokes begin...

Thanks for the release!!!
Hale
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Favorite Band: Maaya Sakamoto <3
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage from Mythbusters <3

Post by Hale »

I haven't watched the episode yet(downloading at the moment) but I wanted to say thank you for translating it.

I'll edit this with thoughts later on probably.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

At least Kaoru (the person) doesn't panic now when dealing with Horrors and listens to Kouga to get the hell out of somewhere. The holding hands scene was touching and Kouga has a great reason to resolve the death mark.
Devil D
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade

Post by Devil D »

Anyone else think the horror battle/gimmick was above average even for a Garo Episode?

While I am still skeptical about the direction of a second series/season, I have yet to have found myself not entertained. After all these years, the two actors still have chemistry!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i think the pictures at each ending can be tied up, starting with the picture kaoru shows Kouga(which, i believe is, the one at the end of her father's book) and followed be the one in the previous ending.
by the way: a phoenix, kaoru, a freaking phoenix! i understand that they maybe aren't very known in japan, but still...
Devil D
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade

Post by Devil D »

I was thinking the same thing. Mythological or fantastical creature that replaces a dull normal bird... A PHOENIX!!!!
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

locuas wrote:i think the pictures at each ending can be tied up, starting with the picture kaoru shows Kouga(which, i believe is, the one at the end of her father's book) and followed be the one in the previous ending.
by the way: a phoenix, kaoru, a freaking phoenix! i understand that they maybe aren't very known in japan, but still...
~taps locuas on the shoulder~
I believe you are missing key points from series such as pokemon, beyblade (the first one), bleach, and any number of action Anime , even kamen rider Image

As funny as new Zaruba is, I'm kinda missing the old one.

Okay, if Kouga and Kaoru don't kiss in this season with her actually knowing about it (the first one was to save her life/date rape-ish) I start planning the producers/ directors death.

Anyone notice how one of the wings was falling away in the photo?

Next episdoe:
Spoiler
I am the golden rider of the moon, Kamen Rider Garo!

A poetic rant about the theme of this episode

Spoiler
Beauty is a dangerous thing. When one has too little or too much of it, the results are normally disastrous.

Return to “Makai Senki”