Whhaaaaat?! This episode was AWESOME!
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Re: Garo Makai Senki 03 released

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Never thought we'd see Garo fighting during "daylight", it was just odd.

Nice remix of Rei's theme music, sucks he's marked for death too.

I like how Colt actually looks distinguished and customized compared to the ones in Red Requiem. Pretty nifty.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

*shrug* I am also one of the weirdos who also liked this episode. Not much to say on it, except for YAY! REI IS BACK! Although I was kind of caught off guard when he revealed that he had a mark of destruction too.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by HIDragonstar »

I enjoyed this episode, although I see complaints that its a little weak. I think they are right, the episode is a touch weak, but I think its still pretty good. One thing I don't get, Kouga's got a mansion, he has a very nice car, has Gonza as a butler, but doesn't get AAA for when his car breaks down? I'd expect that would be one of many things a Makai Knight would consider getting besides Life Insurance, and Medical Insurance (then again they have to magic healing). So he and Leo have to camp in the woods at night?

For some reason, I keep thinking "Kamen Rider Horror" and "Kamen Rider Garo".
DrowningFishy wrote:I kept getting distracted by their choice in blacking out the helmet when it was DUH a stunt driver. Less distracting to have someone who vaguely looks like the actor then having black helmet OH KOUGA clear as day, BLACK HELMET, Kouga agian.... >< Seriously?
Yea, that was distracting me also. Maybe they should have had it a bit darken so the features were unclear, but not a Black Facecover.

You know, when i said about the "Flying Fish Elephant" for a flying mythical beast I was actually joking about it. I was actually thinking it would have been a carp dragon. Then watched this episode right after I posted it. Then the ending credits brought my joke into a horrible truth...

Still... REI IS BACK! He does seem a bit more mature, but I do love his humor. Hmm.. either someone is back for revenge, or someone is hunting Makai Knights in general.
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

@HIDragonstar IMO the darkening of the helmet only worked for the black rider IMO. I don't know why, but something about that rider that creeped me out. Maybe how he could go poof then reapear (sp?). I agree with you taht a darkened but not black would have been a better choice.

I could have found this a good episode if it wasn't for all the distractions. Blame it on either the ADHD, OCD or both for ruining this episode. But honestly couldn't call it trash, horrible, can't-get-any-worse bad. Good premise bad delivery, creative department fail/prop section fail.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

This episode really isn´t a bad one , sure, it doesn´t do much to advance the plot, and it is actually kind of a filler in a way, but a good filler, they really showcased Leo´s abilities as a makai priest, he is more of an engineer, creating spells and machines is his strong point, that really sets him apart from characters like rekka or jabbi that are more of the fighter type. Leo is better at using his brains, although he really needs more confidence, but luckily kouga is here to point that out.

On the action side, this episode was incredible, sure, it suffers because of the daylight, but it makes sense from a production stand point, those fight scenes were really complex and used really broad areas, filming that during the night would have been really expensive. So yeah, the armor and gouten don´t look that good, but the action itself is really outstanding, i think those scenes were even better than the bike scenes from The First & The Next movies.

It was really nice to see Rei again, though when i think about it they give you clues during the episode, the entire point of the journey was to deliver colt to his district so he was bound to appear. Still the fact that he also had the mark of destruction was a really clever twist, when kouga got it you kind of expected them to pull a reverse-kaoru, but now that is revealed that rei has one to, it becomes aparent that there is far more to this than just a "death to kouga" plot.

As always, thanks for the release!!!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It was an interesting episode. It's weird to see Kouga use real people vehicles. I suppose this episode is interesting in that it shows Kougas development from the original series, as he probably would have just destroyed the thing outright.

I was most shocked at the end. One, for wanting to tell Rei (when I assume he hasn't told anyone else yet) and secondly, for Rei having one as well. Truly pushing the plot along in that aspect. Maybe the Knights are being targeted by something?

Although it is a shame when the last 15 seconds of the episode are what gets you excited...lol
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I'm sooooo angry about the visor blacking out! I'm going to mention this thing that happens frequently in Kamen Rider shows which never deserves a mention there! Arghhh!

Leo made a horrible mistake, but I guess Kouga acknowledges him as a man for cleaning up after himself as best he can. Honestly, who thought using a Horror as a power source was a good idea?

And yeah, Gouten in the daylight looked really out of place. Maybe they couldn't get the safety insurance to do the motored stuntwork at night.
Igarashi_Kiriiga
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Saejima Kouga
Favorite Actor?: I can't choose!
My boom: GARO
Quote: "saisho ni itte oku, ore wa tsuyoi jyanai. Ore wa tsugoku tsuyoi" aka "let me tell you from the start, I am not strong. I am very strong"

Post by Igarashi_Kiriiga »

when i saw the preview from the second episode I was chou-hyper, who'd guess Kouga to actually have a driver license? but when i saw the episode I was thinking that many of the riding around and around and around part could be cut a bit it was a waste of time. but then I was glad Gouten appeared! God knows why everyone likes 'im.

seeing the last part of the episode when Rei 'exhibits' his chest in that kind of tone i can just imagine him looking at his chest from the mirror thinking "what a cool death tattoo." and when knowing Kouga has the same he went "damn, i like my cool tatto but why does it has to be twins with yours..." I'm not sure that's how you're suppose to react when knowing you're death's next target Rei..

The way he looks make the girls feel honored to be reeled in
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

I'm surprised by some of the reactions on here, I thought they took GARO to the next level with this episode! Those were some big, long, action-packed set pieces of a really high quality - something you rarely see in a TV show. And it was supported by some fantastic design as well - the costumes, the Gouryuu, the Bike/Colt Horror, even Leo's portable work stand thing looked like it could be a real thing, like everything had its purpose. Sure it wasn't the greatest story in the world, but it was more than adequate for its purpose, which was to link the big action sequences and teach us about who Leo is as a character. Personally I was blown away, I kept thinking "this is just an episode of a tv show that hardly anyone over here will even know exists, and I can imagine seeing this action in a movie". Sure I don't wan't every episode to be like that, i like my deep involved storyline as well, and with Zero's return and twin seals of destruction, we'll get that too.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Devil D
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade

Post by Devil D »

sigh, its halloween and no new garo to celebrate it with.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Dude, Halloween ended about 13 hours ago. :lol:
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!

Post by Therm_Kitty »

I can't believe you guys didn't like Kamen Rider Kouga.

We finally get some insight into how the Goryuu and the other steampunk Priest gear works. Amamiya's practical/CG/stop-motion really worked well here. I could barely tell when they were using a prop on the bike and when it was full CG. I loved how there was always an emphasis on showing the whole playing field. Plenty of zoom-ins to Leo from Kouga to show their positions. The actual Garo action wasn't that great, but that's standard now.

I think Kaoru's mellowed Kouga out a bit since S1. Actually taking a relaxed route in a car rather than a Makai Path on foot/Gouten is quite the character development. But anyways, a Horror-driven crime episode, a world-building episode, motorcycle action, poker in the future-they're really going all out with Garo this season!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

So, just felt like drivin a mercedes, eh, Kouga?

Awesome action and horror design.

Leo's spells were pretty neat too.

Nice to see Rei again. It looks like somebody wants to kill all knights.

Return to “Makai Senki”