My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Boonboomger 04 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.11 out of 5 (9 votes)

Tire people is official lol

I wonder hwat the robo suit actor's reaction was when he was told he'd have to play the robot throughout the episode instead of for just a few minutes at the end

ISA stands for International Space Agency. I wouldn't have guessed space. Did anyone else guess this?

Gotta love that Itassha has the bath towel around her whole body. Does that mean she's naked normally?

It's so funny that pink's pose is the longest. it looks so awkward

Is the tire in their background a combination of all their faces?

Black's on evacuation duty

Well, she ate all the curry. Is Boonboom wearing lback's eventual overhauls?

Nice kick pink

I like that pink's horn is also a weapon

Is it a good idea leaving this lady alone in your base?

It's a bit weird that they have a police car before hiring a policeman. I guess they only wanted to animate that opening once and didn't want to change it up

It's not much, but it's cute the bad guys gather around to watch the race

Ooh, next time looks like it'll be a good one

While enjoyable, I am kind of lamenting that so much of the episode is taken up by the race. Besides the ISA thing being sort of brought up and instantly resolved, not much happens in this episode. I'm glad we're focusing on red, blue, and pink and now are opening it up to more characters, but I wish we had more time to do a character arc
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Boonboomger 04 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

"If you leave you'll be enemies of the state!"

Oh yeah, as opposed to the lady content to let the people suffer, while you keep the superheroes prisoner in their own base? I know whose side I'm on.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Androzani84
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Quote: I fear that someday people will cite quotes I never said - Albert Einstein

Post by Androzani84 »

Wow, Anon are taking their time with this and the Gotchard episode. Are they working on something else at the same time?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Maybe they have lives and responsibilities too
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:26 am Maybe they have lives and responsibilities too
Well yesterday I went to a friend's house, and I walked halfway there, but she was out so she picked me up. But I dropped my mitten. So after work I tried to retrace my steps, and I found the place where she picked me up and found my missing mitten. I walked the dogs home and took a nap because it was a long walk
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

So... monsters, colorful super heroes, and gigantic robots have been smashing Japan for almost 50 years now, and they are FINALLY on the news! It took half a century for the Japan media to realize what is going on, but they finally did it!

BoonBlack is already my favorite one! What a guy!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was a fun episode. Which is clearly going to be Boonboomger's thing overall. But it's hard to object to being entertained.

So ISA/Saibu Shirabe finally made their move... and it's not really what I expected. She was obviously going to be a hardass (and based on that, it's clear Toei cast her in part due to her ability to make faces), but then the conflict with the ISA ends almost as soon as it begins. Now that I was expecting some kind of drawn-out, multi-episode arc here. But if the few things I can poke at this episode about, the actual conflict driving this episode was essentially resolved off-screen. Which isn't especially satisfying.

I guess Shirabe is going to be a toku tsundere? I'm not sure what else to make about her quick turn and reaction to being called "oneesan", and that shot of her that we get in the next episode preview. Although maybe it's just curry poisoning? Somehow she managed to get 4 bowls down before the end of the episode. :lol:

The ground fight was also really fun in this episode. There's a lot of creative energy in these fights that I can only assume comes from Toei's stable of directors having been pent-up during King-Ohger. Using the towels as props for fighting, some of the showy flipping, pink butt-checking one of the mooks. King-Ohger had a very rigid fighting style that while appropriate for the series, didn't leave much room to do something out of the norm.

As for the robo fight, I'm surprised they used the screwdriver attack again. I enjoy it, but I figured that was a one-and-done gag for the first episode of the series.
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:37 pm Tire people is official lol
I nominate that we replace the description for the Boonboomger sub-forum with "Tire People"!
Gotta love that Itassha has the bath towel around her whole body. Does that mean she's naked normally?
Try not to overthink it. Though if you must have a rationale, we can always go with that she didn't want her chassis rusting.:lol:
Is it a good idea leaving this lady alone in your base?
No. Definitely not. Though technically she wasn't really alone until Boon was finally called up
takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:32 am
Lunagel wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:26 am Maybe they have lives and responsibilities too
Well yesterday I went to a friend's house, and I walked halfway there, but she was out so she picked me up. But I dropped my mitten. So after work I tried to retrace my steps, and I found the place where she picked me up and found my missing mitten. I walked the dogs home and took a nap because it was a long walk
Naps are highly underrated. Though where are you that it's cold enough to wear a mitten in late March?! :shock:
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:23 amAs for the robo fight, I'm surprised they used the screwdriver attack again. I enjoy it, but I figured that was a one-and-done gag for the first episode of the series.
They actually try the screwdriver attack in the previous episode but didn't work since the screws were rusted.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Phoenix512 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:32 am
ViRGE wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:23 amAs for the robo fight, I'm surprised they used the screwdriver attack again. I enjoy it, but I figured that was a one-and-done gag for the first episode of the series.
They actually try the screwdriver attack in the previous episode but didn't work since the screws were rusted.
Which is why I figured it was done for. As in that's how they'd write it off. I really didn't think it would be a recurring attack (at least, not one that's successful).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>So ISA/Saibu Shirabe finally made their move... and it's not really what I expected. She was obviously going to be a hardass (and based on that, it's clear Toei cast her in part due to her ability to make faces), but then the conflict with the ISA ends almost as soon as it begins

I guess she's this serie's version of the older mentor.

>I guess Shirabe is going to be a toku tsundere? I'm not sure what else to make about her quick turn and reaction to being called "oneesan", and that shot of her that we get in the next episode preview

It makes her sound younger. /me looks up. I think I saw her age was 33, so it's not like she's old. Just older for a person in a sentai series. Like how people who are HOllywood ugly are still better looking than anyone you'd meet in real life

>As for the robo fight, I'm surprised they used the screwdriver attack again. I enjoy it, but I figured that was a one-and-done gag for the first episode of the series.

When your hand is a hammer, everything looks like a nail

>Naps are highly underrated. Though where are you that it's cold enough to wear a mitten in late March?! :shock:

California. It gets windy
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:18 amt

>Naps are highly underrated. Though where are you that it's cold enough to wear a mitten in late March?! :shock:

California. It gets windy
/me rolls eyes in 40 degree highs
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:23 am
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:37 pm Tire people is official lol
I nominate that we replace the description for the Boonboomger sub-forum with "Tire People"!
The description for the sub-forum. Not the name! Smart-ass! :lol:
takenoko wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:18 am >So ISA/Saibu Shirabe finally made their move... and it's not really what I expected. She was obviously going to be a hardass (and based on that, it's clear Toei cast her in part due to her ability to make faces), but then the conflict with the ISA ends almost as soon as it begins

I guess she's this serie's version of the older mentor.
Huh. I hadn't even considered that. That would actually make a lot of sense here. I hadn't pegged her for the old timer of the group (as this seems to be a recurring Sentai thing now).

Come to think of it, has the mentor ever not been part of the team from the first episode or two before?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

I'm really enjoying the 80s~90s vibe of the series.

Like, the Sentai are making the news and we see BoonPink saving kids. speaking of which ... someone in production or maybe she has a good manager, i dunno, but, BoonPink really stands out. Like in the fight she got the jump rope gag, which sure, female member but bnoys jump rope too ... but right after, the peeling out kick flip into the wheel horn attack? yeah that was the highlight of the fight scene. and its not even like its her being in the spotlight for the episode. Typically you only see that in episodes where they are focused on a particular member that week to do characer building, but BoonPink seems to be ever present. lol its almost like shes the RED!

We know from the start they have multiple boon cars, and we see them in the opening, as well as i think i saw a screen cap for a commercial in 1 episode? with all the vehicles displayed. im more curious about boonboom's legs and body and he gaps seen in during gattai. his legs caught my eye this week, which makes we think we may eventually see leg/feet attachments but his core seems to be hollow, like something could go there for a power up to like over torque or something. His design is VERY 2010-2015 transformers generations classics looking, which i think was around the time combiner wars came out. just for references if anyone is curious about what im thinking of when i look at his design.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

midorininger wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:19 pm I'm really enjoying the 80s~90s vibe of the series.

Like, the Sentai are making the news and we see BoonPink saving kids. speaking of which ... someone in production or maybe she has a good manager, i dunno, but, BoonPink really stands out. Like in the fight she got the jump rope gag, which sure, female member but bnoys jump rope too ... but right after, the peeling out kick flip into the wheel horn attack? yeah that was the highlight of the fight scene. and its not even like its her being in the spotlight for the episode. Typically you only see that in episodes where they are focused on a particular member that week to do characer building, but BoonPink seems to be ever present. lol its almost like shes the RED!

We know from the start they have multiple boon cars, and we see them in the opening, as well as i think i saw a screen cap for a commercial in 1 episode? with all the vehicles displayed. im more curious about boonboom's legs and body and he gaps seen in during gattai. his legs caught my eye this week, which makes we think we may eventually see leg/feet attachments but his core seems to be hollow, like something could go there for a power up to like over torque or something. His design is VERY 2010-2015 transformers generations classics looking, which i think was around the time combiner wars came out. just for references if anyone is curious about what im thinking of when i look at his design.
Considering how prominent Haruka was in Donbrothers, and Rinne in Gotchard, it seems like the girls in general are taking a more important role now.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

For Don and Boom, it feels like it's a matter of logistics. If you're only going to have one female ranger, it's convenient for them to be the point of view character that gets stuff explained to them. Haruka being sort of an ordinary school girl and Mira an ordinary bride

Credit where it's due, it does seem like Rider is trying to flesh out their female characters the winciest bit. Bringing in a female writer to do the female-centered character episodes is a good idea on paper. Executionwise it's just sort of okay, but Gotchard is just kind of that as the baseline so it might not be Akiko's fault

Return to “Tire People”