Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 49 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.23 of 5 stars (13 votes)

Hey Ziin's here. Otherwise it's very much like the first episode

Why did his belt turn to stone. Has it been 1000 years

Black Tsumuri controlled her? That's sort of a lame explanation

I wonder why we keep fliping back and forth between the post-battle and the actual battle

I don't know if this explanation is very satisfying, but the bike fight is fun

Poor Fantasy, such a miniscule showing

I was wondering for a second if it was going to be revealed that Ace was Sueru, like a closed loop kind of thing

Oh right, what's going to happen to Samasu

This might be my favorite song from this series, so it's great to have it used again in the TV series

I didn't notice that Jamato are dressed like kindergarten kids. Huh, in a way, Daichi found a way to make that old gardener's wish come true

Wait, where's Tooru in Micchi's ending?

Neon's stalker is back. I'm surprised that he didn't get a turn at being a bad guy

You know what, that was a pretty satisfying ending. I figured there'd be no way that everyone would get their wish, but they somehow made it happen. Makes you wonder what they'll do for the spinoffs though

Surprised Samasu didn't get killed off. Not sure what happened to black Tsumuri. No Kamen Rider Tsumuri for better or worse. I think no Tooru being there for Michinaga when he was such a big motivator for that character is the only big oversight in an otherwise pretty good ending. They even got the good song for it
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 49 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

there's more I'd have liked to see in this finale, but it's overall ok.

kinda wish we'd seen Lopo, Keilow, or any number of other Riders. Ben and John at the very least. heck, we don't even see Da-Paan, so I guess he showed up in that one episode for no reason than to promote him randomly getting a voiced ID Core, and also as an excuse for why Punkjack's not doing much, if his helmet got repainted.

also, of all people to pair Neon up with at the end, I'm disappointed they went with this choice. it felt so refreshing when it seemed like they were setting it up, then ultimately swerved away several episodes ago, but I guess here we are. -_-

Geats' buckle being stone makes sense. a) it's now an inari statue, kinda. b) that buckle was the source/representation of Ace's powers of creation, so it turning to stone in his place works fine.

other things I'm bummed we didn't see in the show: apparently Monster + Boost never happened, nor did we get to see Fantasy + Boost. or really Fantasy + anything, making Neon the only one who doesn't get a final form with pants, if we count Buffa's super Zombie form,
Spoiler
or a spoiler already revealed in the poster/teaser for the V-Cinema coming next year
also, Bandai won't rest until my wallet needs to have been using its own Zombie buckle to stay alive, because in addition to a few other new items still to come next year, they just announced Premium Deluxe Memorial versions of the Magnum, Boost, Ninja, Zombie, and Beat buckles, and like the memorial Laser Raise Riser, there's bonus items if you order specifically in the first couple of days, this time being Ace's Roman coin and the all black Core ID the rando Riders at the very end had.

now to look forward to Gotchard. I think this cameo at the end was the least interaction two series had with each other in their handoff for the last few years.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:30 pm Poor Fantasy, such a miniscule showing
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:44 pm other things I'm bummed we didn't see in the show: apparently Monster + Boost never happened, nor did we get to see Fantasy + Boost. or really Fantasy + anything, making Neon the only one who doesn't get a final form with pants, if we count Buffa's super Zombie form,
Especially with everyone else's following the two part upgrade to their default (and/or both in Ace's case) concept and Fantasy just being a Ninja rework with a bit of its sounds too. Not to mention being inherited from her father instead of exclusive to her, which would've been fine if they added on to it and made it unique from the other Final Forms (did appreciate the different visual effects for the two at least).
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:30 pm Wait, where's Tooru in Micchi's ending?

Surprised Samasu didn't get killed off. Not sure what happened to black Tsumuri. No Kamen Rider Tsumuri for better or worse. I think no Tooru being there for Michinaga when he was such a big motivator for that character is the only big oversight in an otherwise pretty good ending. They even got the good song for it
Not sure if the actor was available, but they really should've had them come back for Keiwa's wish of bringing back DGP victims as it would've been weird for Buffa and how much he's changed since they last saw each other plus the added guilt for what happened with Sara after the wish didn't get her back to her brother and it would've amped up Keiwa's issues with him for the same reason and added to their reversal of roles instead of both just procrastinating the whole time. After that Buffa would have to give Tooru up when Ace reverses the wish, which would've been good for Keiwa returning to normal.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:30 pm Neon's stalker is back. I'm surprised that he didn't get a turn at being a bad guy
They didn't really do anything with him other than that speech he gave. This really demonstrates the lack of carry through of Neon's plot as her original declarations of wishing for true love could've been met with this guy's cliché story just for her to ultimately say no as it defeats the purpose. Instead, the whole thing got dropped while she was trying to make everyone forget her with no progress and then just sorted things out with her family when they came around.

Her plotline's progression really didn't seem to be about her. Parts of it were, but not the main steps. Also, did anyone else find it weird when she said her wish was for a prince on a white horse who'll take her away after Ace had already saved her on Bootsriker when they first met? Sure, Kyuun wanted to take her away and their team up fight had fantasy knight vibes to it, but again it went nowhere.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:30 pm You know what, that was a pretty satisfying ending. I figured there'd be no way that everyone would get their wish, but they somehow made it happen. Makes you wonder what they'll do for the spinoffs though
Spoiler
Delve into Jamato apparently. Even Beroba comes back for that (I guess cause she was their sponsor).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

>kinda wish we'd seen Lopo, Keilow, or any number of other Riders. Ben and John at the very least.

Oh yeah. Lopo would have been great. And yeah, how could they forget Ben and John? So many semiregulars cast to the side. Cut some of Punk Jack's time up and give it to them lol

>Geats' buckle being stone makes sense. a) it's now an inari statue, kinda. b) that buckle was the source/representation of Ace's powers of creation, so it turning to stone in his place works fine.

Oh, that makes sense

>they just announced Premium Deluxe Memorial versions of the Magnum, Boost, Ninja, Zombie, and Beat buckles

I saw the YouTube video of that earlier. I dispute the claim that it's 130% bigger, it looks the same or almost smaller in some parts. The only thing longer are some of the buckle handles, maybe?

>but they really should've had them come back for Keiwa's wish of bringing back DGP victims as it would

Oh yeah, are they really not bringing up Keiwa's parents? Poor Neon, just as it seemed like she would get a story, it's completely derailed by her stupid not being a person plot. She was such a fun character up to that point

Man this ending is lacking the more I think about it lol
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I liked that the final fight was mainly fought by the supporting Riders. Geats actually stepped backwards after firing the magnum to let them take the fight. Humans did their best to solve problems with their own hands before looking to Gods for help. Epic fight too.

I did not make the connection of writing a wish on a DGP card was a reference to writing a wish on a Japanese ema. That's really clever.

I also didn't not realize the reason Daichi chose sunflowers with blue shirts was because they usually represent kindergarteners. He wanted his Jamato to be little kids.

What the Jamato said at the end were:
- ク ツーム キョ エ ゼラ ラ (Ku tsuumu kyo e zera ra), which means お に い ち や ん (Big bro)
- コ ベ ロス ツ ファ (Ko be rosu tsu fa), which means あ そ ボ う よ (Let's play)
Source:https://dic.pixiv.net/a/ジャマト語#h2_1

They used the movie theme song in the TV series. Had that been done before?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:00 pm >they just announced Premium Deluxe Memorial versions of the Magnum, Boost, Ninja, Zombie, and Beat buckles

I saw the YouTube video of that earlier. I dispute the claim that it's 130% bigger, it looks the same or almost smaller in some parts. The only thing longer are some of the buckle handles, maybe?
that's the thing, it IS just the handles that are bigger in most cases. the 130% bigger was specifically referring to Magnum and Boost's handles, and then the general "these are bigger" thing for all the buckles was just "they'rea bit bigger to fit the electronics for the voice lines" I think.

that's usually the thing with memorial releases, it seems, is less "this is massive upscaling" and more "we made them a bit more proportional for adults, but still had to keep things a certain size for consistency of use," lest you end up with buckles that don't fit the belt/a belt that can't fit most of the buckles. Zenkaiger and DonBros got memorial releases of their henshin guns, but they still needed to work with the same size gears and all, for example.

the big draw is less the size, and more "we made some parts look nicer, made some bits shiny/shinier, they play voice lines now" or little touches like the memorial Zombie buckle matching Buffa's in-show one where the level you turn to open it has to be manually set back to neutral.
>but they really should've had them come back for Keiwa's wish of bringing back DGP victims as it would

Oh yeah, are they really not bringing up Keiwa's parents? Poor Neon, just as it seemed like she would get a story, it's completely derailed by her stupid not being a person plot. She was such a fun character up to that point

Man this ending is lacking the more I think about it lol
yeah, I was wondering about Keiwa's parents and Tohru, too.

like I said earlier, it's a fine ending. just ok. there's more I'd have liked, but at least it's not missing so much that it fails as an ending.

plus, we already know there's gonna be a V-Cinema, possibly more if Zero-One is a good indicator, so maybe it'll come up later.

just hoping these don't mimic Zero-One with how they handle and/or mishandle characters after the fact.
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:00 pm Man this ending is lacking the more I think about it lol
To be fair, I don't think the last episode could have done much about what was missing from the later parts of the series so it's really the storylines that were lacking, but the ending can still obviously affect what that amounts to in the end and end things on a good note. It really comes down to each person how much it was balanced out for them.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm so mixed on Buffa's ending. In some senses, it's perfect. He learns to accept other people, he leaves the fight behind, he gains a sense of humor, he's happy. But wouldn't it be 100% better if all of that had been with is best boy Tooru and not just having barbecue with his coworkers? The fact that he's just hanging out with his boss that we've never seen before seems so weirdly impersonal that I wonder if they couldn't get Tooru's actor back
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I don't know that we've NEVER seen his boss before. I'd have to go back and check if it's the same actor(s), but we've seen the crew Buffa works with in early episodes, because a) this is all a massive callback to the start of the series where he's hyperfocused on beating Geats and turns down any human interaction, and b) we saw him with some of them when Ace was having his new house built.
JustLive13
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by JustLive13 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:25 pm I'm so mixed on Buffa's ending. In some senses, it's perfect. He learns to accept other people, he leaves the fight behind, he gains a sense of humor, he's happy. But wouldn't it be 100% better if all of that had been with is best boy Tooru and not just having barbecue with his coworkers? The fact that he's just hanging out with his boss that we've never seen before seems so weirdly impersonal that I wonder if they couldn't get Tooru's actor back
I loved Buffa’s ending.The scene where was asked if he wanted to hang out with his coworkers is a direct parrallel to a scene in his first focus episode where those same people asked him the the same question. That time he said no, this time he said yes and clearly enjoyed himself when he did so. While Michinaga accepted Touru’s death he never moved on from it and closed himself off from others. Now that the people responsible are gone he’s finally able to live his life.
JustLive13

Post by JustLive13 »

Side note:
I like that even though Archimedel’s gone his dream still lives on through Daichi. The Jyamato were also victims of the DGP and I’m glad they weren’t completely wiped out like most grunts.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Glad to see that people liked the series overall and that is better received that I thought it was.

For me this show was just not good enough. I stop washing it on around episode 30 and went back to watch from 30 all the way to 48 and watched the final episode today. They tried to make this looks like an anime with several arcs but all the arcs were the same and lasted around 3 or 5 episodes.

I will leave my final opinion for the overall series thread but here I will just say that I liked this less than Ghost. So far the Reiwa is really disappointing.
Final Vent!
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

this ending kinda let me down. It feels like Gaims ending but way way worst.

i dunno it just feels so bleh.

Ah well. Tis life. thanks for the games Kamen Rider Fortnite! it was a fun ride at least.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Kurow wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:17 pm I will leave my final opinion for the overall series thread but here I will just say that I liked this less than Ghost. So far the Reiwa is really disappointing.
Thanks for the reminder! Place your series thoughts here and vote. Was this the best series, mid, or the worst?
viewtopic.php?t=26186
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

I want ramen after this.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”