King-Ohger 33 discussion post

It's good to be the king
Forum rules

King-Ohger Wiki Link

< DonBros |Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger | ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:30 am

★★★★★
100%
★★★★
No votes
★★★
No votes
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 11
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

King-Ohger 33 discussion post

Post by Yaiba »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last episode: 4.6 out of 5 (10 votes)

This is a tribute crossover done right. Giving proper focus to the cast and add a bunch of nerdy little details for fans to find. You can feel the care the staff put into this. If the lore matched up is a plus but not necessary, sentai crossover logic mostly runs on the concept of "a wizard did it" anyway.

- I just really like Kyouryuuger's opening (VAMOLA! キョウリュウジャー). They even started the song with a "Gaburincho!" like in the original series. I’m glad that the fact it was canonically the Earth’s melody was not overlooked and was being used as such, instead of just being used as generic background fighting music. The scene from where it started up till the roll call was so epic.
- They brought back the side characters Gentle, Yuuko and Rika (although only the character and not the actor). It’d be nice if Yuuko transforms into KyouryuuCyan, but I guess we can’t have everything
- Souji still had Torin's sword, the Feather Edge, and the technique 斬撃無双剣 he learned in the series
- I forgot they had Armed On. They basically stopped announcing that in the second half of the series
- Luckyuro was still obsessed with that manga, so much so that there’s now a whole collection
- Nobuharu and Candelira's love story...
- I'm not feeling the new Red. But at least they managed to get Daigo back to do some voice over

The kings really showed their disaster management and leadership skills.

Gira being sensible and wasn’t the one dashing off didn’t feel right. He’s also the most polite Evil King in the world.

Himeno took one look at the musical notes on the mural last week and managed to memorize the whole song.

Did Gira just left his spear back home, and the Shugods needed to fly across the galaxy to deliver to him

First time in sentai history that a crossover role call didn’t feature two Reds. Gira was basically perma gold now.

The ground battle was as fun and explosive as it should be. I swore they used up a whole year worth of explosions here. The mecha fight was all cgi though. And Souji and Ian were left out of the fight.

They really liked the "King Vamola Mucho". I’ve heard it so many times in this episode alone.

KyouryuuJin’s combination was stock footage, but I think Gabutyra is new? It's really well made. It’s eyes even moved in some close up shots.

Never realized the KingOhger robot had an angry face.

I felt they filmed the ending dance with the old ending theme (みんな集まれ!キョウリュウジャー). It's basically the same moves. The beats didn’t fit with the new song (Pride and Brave) at all.

That's Minityra... Wtf? Are the Kyouryuu gadgets here to stay?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: King-Ohger 33 discussion post

Post by takenoko »

Is Gira smart or dumb? At least Rita has some tact. Again we get this mysterious face open scene

Jasmine is here! I saw her pic from the website and was excited to know she's got a cameo. I didn't expect her to be here for the whole episode though. Jasmine still looks really pretty. And yeah, Rika was in the last episode even though she wasn't named or got any spotlight

Kinjo Yamato (KyouryuuBlue) is 40 and Hachi (Kaku So) is 32. Kind of old for sentai guys!

Another callback to Himeno's piano playing. The rules aren't the deepest characters, but it's nice that the bits of characterization that they have are used

I like how everyone's in civilian clothes, and here comes Jeremie dressed like a prince still

Again, why does the King-Ohgers have an origin story? Was this the plan all along? It doesn't feel like it if it's also called Chikyuu to begin with

How handy that the castle is a spaceship too lol

It's pretty dumb for Gira of all people to tell Prince to not be reckless

Wow, it's so convenient that Prince has a psychic dad

Wait, can Suzume do all this stuff? Is being betrothed to the bloodline enough to activate the magical dna encoded lance stuff? Not to nitpick, but her brother literally couldn't do anything with the lance

Oh? I wonder if we'll see more from the niece actress in the future

Wait, did Nobuharu end up with Candelira?

If Luckyuro and Rita were a couple, who would play which gender roles?

Again, nice moves prince

Amy with her signature kicks

Quick, Himeno, play the Kyouryuuger theme song

I thought they hired a choir to be the extras, but I think they're just having the extras sing? In America extras aren't even allowed to speak, but maybe the rules are different in Japan?

Damn, what a good show Kyouryuuger was

I'm surprised they didn't just call this two-parter King VS Kyouryuuger. THe run time isn't that different

Sorry Prince, but prince you shall remain, since that line delivery is no King

Weird delay in the explosion this time?

Wait, did we just get a Himeno sandwich in the fight?

Nice slashes Souji

LOL at the dancing cgi KyouryuuJin. You look kinda different after 10 years, guy

Souji seems sad to learn about Prince's true origins, but I thought he had his own girlfriend from the original series

Did they tell them they were dancing to this song??? Why does it look like no one is into this dance?

Wait, how long were the rulers gone? Like a day?

Looks like we're back to the bad game of thrones nonsense next week. But this week, this was a 5 star episode. Like shamelessly just riding on the halo from Kyouryuuger lol

>I’m glad that the fact it was canonically the Earth’s melody was not overlooked and was being used as such, instead of just being used as generic background fighting music.

was it though? I thought the movie said a different song was the earth's melody

> Souji still had Torin's sword, the Feather Edge, and the technique 斬撃無双剣 he learned in the series

ooh, I didn't notice that

>The kings really showed their disaster management and leadership skills.

They sure are used to dealing with disaster

>Never realized the KingOhger robot had an angry face.

Yeah, did we not see its face before?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

>I’m glad that the fact it was canonically the Earth’s melody was not overlooked and was being used as such, instead of just being used as generic background fighting music.

was it though? I thought the movie said a different song was the earth's melody

It is. In the final episode it is revealed the Earth melody was the OP theme. There's a version sang by the 5 shown in the cutscene, they sang it to power up Daigo. The song in the movie was a prayer song used by the ancient tribe to revive the navi-colored dino Tobaspino.

Edit: So uh, I just went to the final episode to double checked, and Deboss said he was destroying planets under his Creator's orders. Did they plan this whole plot 10 years ago?!?!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yaiba wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:23 am Edit: So uh, I just went to the final episode to double checked, and Deboss said he was destroying planets under his Creator's orders. Did they plan this whole plot 10 years ago?!?!
Toei you magnificent bastards. But really it was probably to open the way to the versus movies lol, but it works out
DrGamer2039
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by DrGamer2039 »

honestly this felt like the best kinda of ranger team-up 2 parters in the Zordon era, and having Koichi present is almost certainly a big factor in that.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Yaiba wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:30 am KyouryuuJin’s combination was stock footage, but I think Gabutyra is new? It's really well made. It’s eyes even moved in some close up shots.

That's Minityra... Wtf? Are the Kyouryuu gadgets here to stay?
if I had to guess, that's probably WHY Gabutyra seemed new, if it was. KyouryuuJin's likely CGI because they don't have the full suit in-tact anymore, but they seem to have made plans for Gabutyra to keep doing stuff on Chikyuu, so that part's new to line up with whatever they do with it going forward.
takenoko wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:24 am Jasmine is here! I saw her pic from the website and was excited to know she's got a cameo. I didn't expect her to be here for the whole episode though.
like Yaiba, I'm bummed they didn't let her transform, because it doesn't make sense in-universe for her not to, but from a meta perspective I get it. if they're not able to have the actual 6th ranger in for the teamup, it'd be kinda out of left field to just have a random auxiliary member be there.
Kinjo Yamato (KyouryuuBlue) is 40 and Hachi (Kaku So) is 32. Kind of old for sentai guys!
I kinda want them both to meet KijiBrother now. just form a group of "not actually old, but older than is usually the case" Sentai members who just hang out and stuff. especially since it amuses me that Nobuharu and Candelira are "an older than standard sentai member and a pink character obsessed with love who's been an antagonist that had to be fought by the team before" and KijiBrother is BOTH of those at once.

I like how everyone's in civilian clothes, and here comes Jeremie dressed like a prince still
"hey, why are you all dressed differently?"
"oh, sorry, you weren't here when we were handing out new costumes, and now we put them back in the closet. oh, well. maybe when we team up with next year's team."
How handy that the castle is a spaceship too lol
I knew from the toy that it could take that shape, but I'd been under the impression that was a tank mode and wondered when they'd ever need to use a tank. this is funnier to me.
Wait, can Suzume do all this stuff? Is being betrothed to the bloodline enough to activate the magical dna encoded lance stuff? Not to nitpick, but her brother literally couldn't do anything with the lance
maybe it's because of that ring she had. was gonna guess "maybe Gira's about to be an uncle." and then remembered the two year time skip.
If Luckyuro and Rita were a couple, who would play which gender roles?
they take turns. Rita has to remain impartial.
I'm surprised they didn't just call this two-parter King VS Kyouryuuger. THe run time isn't that different
probably because it's canon to the King-Ohger story and plot relevant.
Looks like we're back to the bad game of thrones nonsense next week.
speaking of:
Spoiler
bets on the masked person being Racles who's been in hiding all this time/brought back to life by Grody?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>"hey, why are you all dressed differently?"
"oh, sorry, you weren't here when we were handing out new costumes, and now we put them back in the closet. oh, well. maybe when we team up with next year's team."

I wonder if they have a spare monster arm for Jeremie that's not connected to his costume. What an interesting way of mixing genes to be biracial and just have one monster arm to account for having a monster mom

Also, what's the timeline of this series. Humans traveled to Chikyuu and... were the Bugnaraku actually humans that became monsters from eating too many bug gods or were they the native alien civilization that got colonized by the humans? Because when did the Bugnaraku have time to evolve into monsters in time for the war from 2000 years ago?

Edit:
Anyone know what's going on with Ucchi's actor? I'm surprised they weren't able to get him for this
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I was wondering what happened to Suzume since the two year time skip but looks like she's still crazy for Racles and probably was in mourning in all that time.

Also Souji had Torin's finger snap as well.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi

Post by Yaiba »

Also Souji had Torin's finger snap as well.
Niiiiiice! I can't believe I missed that. Torin did that every time he called them the strongest Braves/invincible sentai.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Phoenix512 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:31 am I was wondering what happened to Suzume since the two year time skip but looks like she's still crazy for Racles and probably was in mourning in all that time.
That's bizarre to me, since I swear that was all an act that she and her brother cooked up. And B, after two years you'd think she'd have moved on from Racles. As princess of one of the kingdoms she'd be one of the most eligible bachelors in the five kingdoms
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

She's heir to the land, a lady any man would be proud to call his wife. But what's a princess to do when her heart has already been stolen by a vile king? Must she choose between her loyalty and her heart? Slowburn, enemies to lovers, smut, dubious use of Shugods, chapters 33/50?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Stay tuned for Luna's next chapter in her King-Oh Fanfic: A Royal Affair to Remember
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

takenoko wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:40 pm
Yaiba wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:23 am Edit: So uh, I just went to the final episode to double checked, and Deboss said he was destroying planets under his Creator's orders. Did they plan this whole plot 10 years ago?!?!
Toei you magnificent bastards. But really it was probably to open the way to the versus movies lol, but it works out
Deboth's creator was the big bad of the ToQger crossover. That said, I could easily see it being retconned into being Dagded.

Also, I've felt that Prince looked familiar, but I couldn't place it until now. Anyone else think he kinda looks like a young version of Brennan Mejia, the actor who played Daigo's PR counterpart?
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Also, wow, this family really likes D names.
Dantetsu > Daigo > Daigorou > ??? > Dai
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Prince's actor was a kid on Ryusoulger. It was such a small role that he didn't even get a profile pic for that episode https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kishiryuu ... soulger_07

Return to “Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger”